:::: Twenty-Nine ::::

Hundreds of thousands of bullets rained down around them as Diego, Nova, and Five all sprinted away. The trio had their heads down and Nova stumbled slightly before the boy holding her hand pulled her back up quickly.

"We're never going to make it!" Diego yelled over the deafening noise. Five looked behind himself worriedly before grabbing Diego's sleeve and blinking them forward a few feet. "Oh, I think I'm gonna puke."

"No time!" Five exclaimed as the three of them ducked behind the red tractor. "What now?"

"We need to get to the house!" Nova called as she pressed herself closer to Five in fear. The boy tried to jump but couldn't.

"Shit, I'm out of fuel. I'm too tired." Five said in exasperation.

"I have an idea. Nova, remember the bowling alley?" Diego asked and the girl nodded as Five looked confused.

"What are you two planning?" Five asked, concerned at being the one out of the loop for the first time.

"Just trust us and run to the house and don't stop," Nova said as she placed a quick kiss on Five's lips. "I love you, now go!"

As Five protested Nova shoved him as Diego jumped in front of the tractor and began to slow all the bullets down. The girl ran about three-quarters of the way to the house before thrusting out her hands and grabbing onto as many souls as she could at once.

She let out a scream as her eyes turned black, her hair started to float around her with energy, and a dark glow surrounded her. The teen yanked her hands down harshly and hundreds of Commission assassins had their souls ripped out at once.

There was an explosion as Diego shifted all the bullets to fly into a fuel tank and the first hundred or so assassins fell to the ground dead. Unfortunately, she barely made a dent in the army. Nova stumbled to the ground slightly as she felt the energy drain from her body. She collapsed on the stairs of the house and she could feel Five run out of the house and drag her inside.

"Get down!" He yelled as he roughly pushed her under the table. The teens held each other closely as the house was ripped apart by bullets. Nova used her body to try and shield Five's head. She knew that if she got shot she would probably be fine but she couldn't stand the thought of losing Five. "Nove, Nove, I don't want to die."

"You're not going to die, Five. I won't let that happen." The girl said as she hugged him closer to herself and pressed a loving kiss to the top of his head. She had been in situations before where she thought they might die but this was the most scared she had ever been. The girl was almost certain they were done for. Suddenly everything fell silent and the teens looked at each other confused.

"Is it over?" Five asked, confused as Nova slowly stood up and made her way to the window.

"Stay behind me," Nova said quietly as she held Five's hand tightly. "What the hell?"

They saw that Vanya's energy wave had wiped out all the Commission assassins except for Lila and the Handler. Somehow the two of them were protected by some sort of energy force field.

"How is she doing that?" Five whispered as they watched Lila rise into the sky and the energy began to resonate around her. It looked as if she was using Vanya's powers like she was replicating them. "Shit! Shit! Shit!"

The two teens turned to take cover but the energy blast got to them first. Taking the brunt of the blast, Nova was thrown over the table and she had to quickly roll out of the way to avoid getting crushed by Luther who came crashing through the ceiling. She wasn't fast enough because the large man landed on her ankle.

"Ah fuck!" Nova exclaimed in pain as she began to hit Luther's arm trying to get him to get off of her hurt ankle.

"I think I swallowed my tongue." Luther groaned.