:::: Eighteen ::::

Nova, Ronnie, and Klaus all spent the night at Allison's house. But none of them really got much sleep. Allison was scared for Ray who didn't show up after the riot. Ronnie was still trying to process all the weird shit that he had seen today. Nova's brain was on overload as she thought about seeing the Handler here in 1963 and realizing that the rest of their family is alive somewhere. And Klaus well he was the only one who actually slept that night.

"Allison, are you ok?" Nova asked when she heard Allison cursing at the phone.

"Ray didn't come home last night," Allison said worriedly.

"I'm sure he's fine." Klaus groaned as he sat up on the couch.

"He saw me, rumor that cop Klaus! He saw Nova killing that guy with her powers!" Allison exclaimed and Nova looked down at her hands guiltily.

Ever since she arrived in the 60s she had stopped wearing her gloves, mostly because she didn't have any. She learned to control her powers for the most part but they still scared the shit out of her.

"The first thing we need is coffee," Nova said tiredly as she stood up and stretched her stiff limbs.

"And vitamin B12 and a piping hot bowl of menudo. We're going to sort all this stuff out." Klaus said and Nova noticed Ronnie coming back from the bathroom.

"I'm such an idiot. I promised myself I would never do it again. Nothing good ever comes from it." Allison said as she put her hands on her head. Ronnie came to stand next to Nova as Klaus began to tell Allison the fable of the scorpion and the frog.

"What the hell is the point of that story?" Nova asked as she and Ronnie gathered their stuff.

"The point is frogs are bitches and we do not negotiate with terrorists," Klaus said and Nova and Allison rolled their eyes.

"No, no, no, no, I cannot deal with you right now," Allison said as she gathered her papers.

"I'm sorry... I'm not a morning person." Klaus groaned. "Where are all of you going?"

"To plan a heist," Nova said and Ronnie elbowed her in the ribs.

"To work," Ronnie said quickly.

"To find my damn husband," Allison said and all three of them left the house leaving Klaus behind.

::::::::

Within the next few hours, Nova and Ronnie were dressed in waiter's uniforms as they set up a house for the Mexican Consulate party that night. Hidden in a closet upstairs were their dress clothes. The plan was to scout out the place beforehand and then hide in the closet until the party started. Then they could sneak downstairs to the party. This way they could actually enjoy fancy life before they robbed the place.

"Come on, Gen. The party is starting soon and we need to go change." Ronnie told the girl once they were done with their party jobs.

"Will you watch the door while I change? Then we can switch." Nova said and the boy nodded. The girl hurried into the room and stripped off her waiter's outfit and pulled on the burgundy dress she borrowed from Allison.

"You look nice," Ronnie said when she exited the room.

"Thanks go, change." Nova smiled as she lightly pushed him into the spare room.

"Young lady you aren't supposed to be up here." A familiar voice said from behind her. Nova's eyes widened when she came face to face with Sir Reginald Hargreeves.

"I'm sorry, sir, I was looking for the washroom," Nova said quickly and Hargreeves narrowed his eyes at the girl.

"Nope, no bathroom in there," Ronnie said quickly as he came out of the room. "Come on Gen. Let's rejoin the party."