:::: Twenty-Six ::::

The paradox psychosis was really setting in and Nova was sweating like crazy. Of course, it didn't help that it was blazing hot under the Dallas sun. Ahead of the girl walked her older self, older Five, and Luther. Somehow Luther had convinced the older pair to go along with their plan but the younger two didn't know the new plan was to kill them.

"What are you looking at, huh? Keep your eyes to yourself!" Teenage Five yelled to a bypasser as he pulled young Nova protectively closer to him by her waist. The two teens followed the older trio up a bridge.

"They're going to kill us." Young Nova said to her boyfriend as she glared at their older counterparts.

"Sounds like us. You think Luther will have the balls to do it?" He asked her as he glanced behind them to make sure no one was looking at her funny.

At this point, Nova was used to getting looked at in 1963. Most men didn't try and hide their leering at her body and the racists sure as hell didn't hide their disgust for her.

"Mind your own business!" Teenage Nova exclaimed as she kicked a rock at a squirrel that had been following them. She was scratching her neck when she turned back to her Five. "Luther will respond to whoever he thinks the elder authority figure is. Remember he's got daddy issues. We all got daddy issues! Which is ironic since none of us biologically have daddies."

"Hey, you two how's it hanging?" Luther asked as he waited for the teens before descending down the stairs of the bridge.

"They're going to kill us aren't they?" Young Five asked.

"What? What them? They're going to kill you?" Luther laughed as he lied terribly. "That's ridiculous."

"You're a terrible liar, Luther. And an even worse spotter." Teenage Five growled.

"Whose fault is that? What good is a spotter if you won't listen to him?" Luther asked.

"So you admit you're conspiring against us!" Teenage Nova exclaimed in an accusatory tone.

"Do you two admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?" Luther asked and the teens glanced at each other.

"All we're suffering from is brain clarity from your murderous intentions." Young Five snapped as he reached for his Nova's hand. The girl interlocked their fingers as they both glared at Luther.

"They're not going to kill you kill you. They just want to kill this version of you." Luther said.

"We are that version of us!" Young Nova growled at the man who looked at her uneasily.

"Hey, I don't love it either but they actually have a good plan." Luther shrugged.

"Oh the plan where you off us then jump to 2019 to save the world?" Teenage Five asked as he ran a shaking hand through his hair.

"Wait, how'd you know that?" Luther asked dumbly.

"Because we are them and that is exactly what we would do if we were trying to kill us!" Teenage Nova exclaimed angrily as she tried not to itch her neck.

"All I know is there is one too many Five and Novas right now and you two are acting like maniacs," Luther said and the two glared at him.

"We're the maniacs? Luther you have seen nothing if you want a maniac. We'll show you maniacs!" Young Five screamed in the man's face.

"Look as your spotter I think the best thing I can do for you both is put you out of your misery," Luther said and young Nova quickly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and yanked him down to her short height.