Chapter Thirty-Three: Rescue Mission

Staring at the run-down house that Tiffany’s scent had led them to, Cristiano felt a weight lift from his chest that told him that Jenna was inside; he could sense her better the closer that they had gotten to the house.

“She’s inside,” Cristiano murmured wanting nothing more than to go in and get Jenna, the only thing that stopped him was the knowledge that somewhere inside was a vampire.

Alexander would have to be dealt with first before they got Jenna out of there, they couldn’t allow the vampire to get away and they had to be careful to make sure that he had no idea what was coming.

Iker looked at Cristiano, he didn’t want to take the werewolf with him inside since he had no idea how Cristiano was going to react; they needed stealth on their side if they wanted to end it all night.

“You can’t make me stay outside Iker, I need to get to Jenna,” Cristiano said turning to look at the alpha, he didn’t have to guess what Iker was planning to do but he needed to get inside; he wasn’t going to wait around to find out how bad things were.

Iker sighed and nodded his head, he could only imagine what condition Jenna would be in when they found her; she had been trapped by two vampires for a fortnight now and would need medical attention straight away.

“I just want you to be prepared… we have no idea how she will be,” Iker murmured looking back at the house, they had searched for weeks and they would have never found this place if it wasn’t for Tiffany’s scent leading them to it.

Cristiano closed his eyes, he would have Jenna back in his arms soon and he was going to make sure that no one ever hurt her in any way again; he just hoped that they had found her in time.

***

Jenna groggily opened her brown eyes when she heard Alexander enter her prison, she didn’t know what it was but her bond with Cristiano felt stronger than before; she prayed that this was a good sign.

Alexander stalked into the room, he had been waiting for this moment since he had seen her in the laundrette and now he finally got to make sure that her werewolf wasn’t going to stop him.

“I think I’ve waited long enough for this moment,” Alexander mused with a smirk, he was sure that Tiffany would be dead by now since she had disappeared hours ago and not returned.

Alexander could only imagine how the blonde had met her end but she had died knowing that Cristiano could never love her; he wouldn’t have been surprised if the werewolf had been the one to kill her himself.

Jenna stared silently at Alexander, she felt so weak and drained that she knew that this was the end; she had no idea what he had planned for her but she doubted it was going to be pleasant.

Alexander slowly walked towards Jenna, he had thought long and hard about how he wanted Cristiano to find her body and only one way appealed to him; he was going to drain her completely and leave her body in the forest for the werewolf to find.

A sudden crash upstairs made Alexander stop and stare at the ceiling, a frown forming on his face wondering what was going on; there was no way that anyone could have found them and he hoped that it wasn’t Tiffany.

Jenna tried to swallow, her mouth was dry and the gag that she was wearing had cut the corners of her lips; she closed her eyes wanting nothing more than this to all end.

“I’ll be right back,” Alexander muttered annoyed that something had disturbed him, he had no intentions of putting this off any longer when he was so close.

Jenna didn’t look at him, she didn’t care what was going on upstairs only that her life got to continue for a bit longer; she wished that Cristiano would find her and soon.

***

Iker and Cristiano glared at Sergio who had somehow managed to knock over a lamp, they had managed to get into the house without making a noise; their surprise attack now gone with the crash.

“Siento,” Sergio whispered nervously, the stink of vampire was all around them and it was nauseating to the three werewolves that had come inside; the rest of the pack was waiting outside in case help was needed.

Iker opened his mouth to say something when the sound of footsteps coming upstairs from the basement made him stop; he wrinkled his nose knowing that it could only be Alexander.

“Hide,” Iker hissed shoving Sergio towards the couch, he looked at Cristiano who hurried to hide behind the old curtain with had seen better days.

Sergio dived behind the couch while Iker hide behind one of the cabinets that were in the room; the three held their breath as Alexander walked into the room and started to look around.

Looking around, Alexander frowned moving towards the lamp that had been broken; it couldn’t have fallen on it’s own and he could sense that someone was in his house.

“Who is there?” Alexander demanded looking around the wrecked living room, he slowly moved forward hoping that his secret hide-out hadn’t been discovered.

Sergio peeked at the vampire from his hiding place, they couldn’t let him go back to where Jenna was and he knew that it would spell the end if he did.

Alexander hissed frustratedly, he could start to smell werewolves and he wasn’t going to let them take away what he had worked so hard for; he turned around to leave wanting to finish what he had started.

Sergio without a second thought launched himself at the vampire and knocked him to the ground; he could only imagine what the leech had done to Jenna while she had been held hostage.

Iker and Cristiano quickly appeared from their hiding spaces, they doubted that Sergio would be able to hold Alexander for long since the vampire was so determined to get away.

“Go find Jenna… we’ll handle him,” Iker ordered stopping Cristiano from going to help Sergio, he knew that they needed to get Jenna away from the house and he had plans to burn the place down as soon as they had killed Alexander.

Cristiano looked to Iker for a moment before he nodded his head and hurried the way that Alexander had come; he had no idea what to expect when he found Jenna but he was already prepared for the worst.

Iker watched Cristiano go, he had a feeling that his friend would be able to handle whatever he found; they needed to focus on destroying the vampire that had caused all of this.

Cristiano slowly made his way down to the basement, his stomach turned at the smell and he prayed that the smell of decay had nothing to do with Jenna; their bond was still weak even though it had gotten stronger since he had found where she was being held.

Moving along the passage towards the door at the end, Cristiano tried to focus on what he was doing; he didn’t want to imagine about what he would find down in the basement.

Cristiano stopped outside of the only door down in the basement, he took a deep breath before slowly reaching for the handle and opening the door.

“Jenna,” Cristiano breathed as his brown eyes finally set upon his mate for the first time in two weeks, he hoped that Alexander’s death was a slow and painful one.

###

Author's Note:

Only a few more chapters left xxx