Chapter Twenty-Nine: Happy New Year

“This is nice,” Jenna mused stretching comfortably on the couch, she was happy to have the house to themselves since Cristiano’s family all had plans for New Year’s Eve; they had left to head back to Portugal after spending Christmas with the couple.

It had been a hectic few days and Jenna was just relieved that they had a quiet few days before Cristiano returned to training with the team.

“It is,” Cristiano agreed watching Jenna, he hadn’t been interested in attending any of the parties that his team-mates had thrown to welcome in 2015, instead he had opted to stay home with Jenna.

Cristiano wrapped his arms around Jenna, he was barely paying any attention to the movie that was playing on television.

Jenna cuddled into Cristiano’s side, she was surprised at how content he was with staying home with her; she had thought he would have wanted to go to one of the parties that their friends were throwing.

“Are you okay with staying home tonight?” Jenna asked peeking at Cristiano, she didn’t want to hold him back if he wanted to go out; she liked the quiet life and she knew that it was rare for them to have a moment like this together.

“Of course, there is nowhere I would rather be,” Cristiano replied with a smile, he had no intentions of going out not when he had a beautiful woman in his arms; he purred a little leaning in to kiss Jenna.

Jenna wrapped her arms around Cristiano’s neck to deepen the kiss, she had no idea how she had ended up with someone like Cristiano as her soul-mate; he understood her better than anyone else ever had.

The couple kissed for a moment before they pulled a part, Jenna rested her head against Cristiano’s as he ran his fingers through her hair; everything was perfect between them right now.

***

Quietly stepping into the en-suite bathroom, Jenna closed and locked the door behind her before she moved to set the pink shopping bag on the bathroom counter; she couldn’t believe that she had let Katia and Elma talk her into buying things from Victoria Secret.

The two women had dragged Jenna shopping just before they had returned to Portugal, both insisting that she needed something sexy for the nights when she had Cristiano to herself.

Jenna took a deep breath before she slowly started to sort through the bag, there were several items inside and she was glad that she’d hidden the bag from Cristiano; she could just imagine his face if he had found it.

Jenna chewed on her lip as she finally settled on a rose pink satin slip that she had picked up; she had liked it the most out of everything that she had gotten while out shopping with Katia and Elma.

“I can do this,” Jenna whispered nodding to herself, she wanted her surprise to be ready before Cristiano came looking for her; she had only said that she was going to the bathroom and he would get worried soon.

Slowly getting out of her clothes, Jenna slowly slipped on the satin slip glad that she had spent the morning primping, shaving and plucking so she didn’t have to worry about it now.

Jenna pulled her hair out of the up-do that she had been supporting all day before she stepped in front of the mirror and looked at herself; she smiled at the waves that it had created and she was sure that everything was going to be okay.

“Jenna?” Cristiano called from outside of the bathroom making the brunette jump in surprise; Jenna looked towards the door glad that she had locked it, she hadn’t even heard him coming up the stairs to find her.

“I’ll be out in a moment,” Jenna called looking at herself in the mirror, she pulled on her pink satin kimono and closed it; she ran her fingers quickly through her hair so that it fell loosely over her shoulders.

Jenna moved to put on a little lip gloss before she gave herself a once over to make sure that everything was okay; she was sure that this was going to be a nice surprise for Cristiano.

Taking a final deep breath to steady her nerves, Jenna unlocked the bathroom and stepped out into the bedroom; she looked to Cristiano who had been sitting on their bed waiting for her.

Cristiano looked up as he heard Jenna coming out of the bathroom, he opened his mouth to say something when he realised what she was wearing; he stared stunned for a moment wondering what had made her do something like this.

“Do you like it?” Jenna asked slowly opened her kimono to reveal the satin slip underneath, she eyed her boyfriend wondering what he thought; she was a little nervous now that he would hate what she had done.

Cristiano made a small noise of agreement as he slowly got to his feet, he walked over to Jenna and gently pushed the kimono off her shoulders allowing it to drop to the floor.

Jenna opened her mouth to say something only to be stopped as Cristiano ducked down and kissed her; he couldn’t believe that she had done this for him.

Cristiano slowly started to lead Jenna back towards their bed, he had no idea what to make of what she had done but he couldn’t think of a better way to ring in the New Year.

***

“I love you,” Cristiano whispered kissing Jenna softly as they laid in bed together, he held her close knowing that any minute now the clock would strike twelve; he couldn’t believe that this was how he was welcoming in 2015.

Jenna brushed her fingers through Cristiano’s hair, she was pleased with how their evening had gone and she wouldn’t have changed any of it.

“I love you too,” Jenna whispered back, she looked at Cristiano with a small smile and wondered if 2015 would be just as perfect as this year had been; she could only imagine how everything was going to work out.

Cristiano moved back to kiss Jenna, his fingers eagerly pulling her closer to him as fireworks started to sound outside of their home; the couple continued to kiss happy that they had each other after everything that they had been through.

“Feliz Año Nuevo,” Cristiano murmured running his fingers down to Jenna’s knee and hooking it around his waist; he moved closer to kiss Jenna and held her close knowing that he had waited long enough for her to come into his life.

“Feliz Ano Novo,” Jenna replied, her Portuguese wasn’t very good but she was determined to learn it so that she could talk to Cristiano; she wanted to be able to talk better with his family in the future.

Cristiano smiled and drew Jenna closer, he didn’t care what language she spoke to him as long as she spoke to him; he loved her voice and he loved everything about her.

Jenna brushed her fingers through his hair, she kissed him softly hoping that things would only continue to get better between them; she loved Cristiano and the past two and a half months had been amazing.

It didn’t take much for Jenna or Cristiano to imagine what their future would be like, they both knew what they wanted and they were sure that everything would fall into place when the time was right.

Cristiano rolled on top of Jenna, he loved his mate and he wanted nothing more than to spend his entire life with her.