Chapter Eleven: Jenna's Past

Jenna took a deep breath as she stood in Andreia and Fábio’s back garden, she hadn’t been able to stay inside after Tiffany had revealed her secret; she crossed her arms leaning against the wall wondering why her friend had done that.

They had been friends since they were children and Jenna didn’t really have any other friends but Tiffany; she really couldn’t imagine her life without the blonde.

“Are you okay?” Cristiano asked stepping out into the cool night air, he looked at Jenna concerned; he had watched her storm away upset after Tiffany’s reveal and the blonde hadn’t even looked concerned that she had left.

Jenna looked at Cristiano, she nodded her head slowly before she looked away; she really didn’t want to talk about what had happened, she felt embarrassed about what had happened.

“I’m okay… I just wish that she hadn’t told anyone about that,” Jenna whispered looking down at her hands, she didn’t know what everyone thought about her now but she doubted they would look at her the same anymore.

Jenna had been judged throughout high school because of what happened and it hadn’t helped that someone had been spreading horrible rumours about her; it had made it difficult for her to make friends and that was why Tiffany was important to her since she had no one else.

“She shouldn’t have said that,” Cristiano murmured moving to stand next to Jenna, he hated Tiffany and the blonde seemed to have little to no respect for her friend.

Jenna nodded her head, she closed her eyes while Cristiano watched her wishing that there was some way that he could comfort her without freaking her out; she had no idea that he was her soul-mate.

“I didn’t try to kill myself,” Jenna clarified looking at Cristiano, she didn’t want him feeling sorry for her; Tiffany knew the truth and she had still told the lie that had gone around their school.

Cristiano felt a weight lift from his shoulders looking at Jenna, he was worried about her and he didn’t want to leave her alone; he feared what she might do if the bond became too much for her.

“It was an accident nothing more,” Jenna muttered shaking her head, she couldn’t truly remember what had happened that day and she wished that she could because it would have stopped the rumours a long time ago.

Cristiano made a small noise of comfort, he could sense Jenna’s distress and he wished to comfort her in some small way.

“I went camping one summer with Tiffany’s family,” Jenna explained softly, she could recall little bits of what had happened but not all of it; she didn’t even know why she felt the need to tell Cristiano any of this.

Cristiano nodded his head, he felt honoured that she trusted him enough to tell him what was bothering her; he was glad that the bond made her feel comfortable with him.

“We went swimming in the lake… I was near the centre when I hit my head,” Jenna continued softly, she could see flashes from that day but none of them made sense; she had nightmares about what had happened and sometimes she dreamt of someone holding her under the water.

Cristiano frowned, he took Jenna’s hand in comfort knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy for her; he wanted nothing more to help her but he couldn’t right now.

“I don’t remember anything after that… just waking up in hospital,” Jenna whispered, moving to rub the back of her head; everything was a blare to her and she wished that she could remember what had happened that day.

Cristiano sighed gently tugging Jenna into a hug, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close wanting nothing more than to hold her.

“My doctor said that I had tried to kill myself and I was kept under watch at the hospital for a month,” Jenna whispered feeling tears fill her eyes, she didn’t believe the horrible things that she had been told but Tiffany had been the one to confirm to her what had happened that day.

Cristiano closed his eyes, he pressed a kiss to the top of his mate’s head holding her close as he rubbed his hands up and down her back in comfort; he wished that he could help her remember what had happened.

“I believe you,” Cristiano murmured softly, he didn’t believe for a moment that Jenna was lying about what had happened to her; he had a feeling that something had happened at the lake that day and he wished that he had some way to help her.

Jenna pulled back from Cristiano, she stared at him surprised for a moment; not even her father and brothers had believed her when she told them what had happened.

“You believe me…” Jenna whispered surprised, she stared at Cristiano wondering why he believed her and she knew that there had to be some reason that he did.

Cristiano nodded his head before he moved to kiss Jenna, he ducked his head down and brushed his lips against hers when the back door swung open; they pulled apart to see Andreia struggling to keep Tiffany distracted.

“Jenna it’s time to go,” Tiffany announced bored of everything already, she wasn’t pleased that Cristiano had gone to comfort her friend while he had been talking to her.

Jenna nodded her head stepping away from Cristiano, she couldn’t believe that she had nearly kissed him again; she swallowed hoping that she wasn’t getting too attached to him.

*** 

“Is she a threat to herself?” Iker asked softly standing beside Cristiano watching Jenna and Tiffany walk to their car, he was worried that Jenna might be a harm to herself if the connection became too much for her.

Cristiano shook his head, he trusted Jenna and there seemed to be more to her story than she knew; he just wished that there was some way that he could find out what had happened.

“No,” Cristiano replied calmly, he wasn’t going to let the pack for the issue and he was sure that he had made progress with Jenna; he was thrilled that she had opened up to him about her past.

Iker raised an eyebrow knowing that he had to trust Cristiano on this, they didn’t need to freak the brunette out before she even knew that she was Cristiano’s soul-mate.

“I trust her Iker and there something going on,” Cristiano muttered softly, he looked at Iker hoping that his friend had sensed it; he didn’t trust Tiffany and he wished that Jenna wasn’t staying in the same hotel as her friend.

Iker looked at Cristiano as the other wolf ran a hand through his hair, he knew that Cristiano didn’t have any reason to doubt his mate; he just hoped that it wasn’t anything to serious.

“She doesn’t remember what happened… and Tiffany seems so sure of herself,” Cristiano said looking back at the disappearing car that Jenna was in, he wished that he had some way of getting Jenna away from the blonde.

Iker stared at Cristiano, he had a feeling that he knew where Cristiano was going with this and he didn’t like it; he hoped that Cristiano was sure about what he was suggesting right now.

“You think Tiffany had something to do with what happened,” Iker stated watching his third in command, he had no idea what to say but he was sure that there was a reason behind it.

Cristiano nodded his head, Tiffany couldn’t be trusted in his mind and he had a feeling that she would do anything to make herself important.