Chapter Twenty-Five: Not Possible

Cristiano ran his hands up and down Jenna’s back, she was still shaken after what had happened and he was furious that a vampire had been able to get close to his mate; he hadn’t known any were in the area.

Sara carefully handed over a cup of coffee, she couldn’t believe that this had happened and the pack hadn’t even known that there was a vampire hovering around.

Iker watched the couple, he wasn’t happy with what had happened and he couldn’t understand how someone could slip through their nets like that; the evening patrol would have picked up on the vampire but they hadn’t.

“It was Tiffany,” Jenna whispered burying her head into Cristiano’s neck, she felt safe in his arms and she didn’t want him to let her go; she knew what she had seen and no one was going to convince her otherwise.

Cristiano shared a look with Iker, they weren’t sure what had happened to Tiffany after her fight with Jenna; they had heard that she’d gone to Barcelona but the coven there hadn’t seen her.

Iker’s odd friendship with Xavi allowed him a little leeway to ask him to keep an eye out, he didn’t trust the blonde and he wanted to make sure she wouldn’t do something stupid.

“Is there a chance it could have been her?” Sara asked moving to take a seat next to Iker, she feared what would happen if someone had turned Tiffany; the blonde had been pretty obsessive when she was human.

Iker looked at his mate, he knew that there was a very high chance that Tiffany had been turned; all the evidence pointed to that fact but until they saw her for themselves then they wouldn’t know.

“We’ll see what happens… if it is Tiffany then we’ll have to deal with her,” Iker murmured looking to Cristiano, he doubted that his pack-mate would want to leave Jenna’s side after what had happened.

***

Jenna stared out of the window, she couldn’t help but think about what had happened even if Cristiano had tried to distract her; she knew what she had seen and she knew that everything had changed now.

“Jen,” Cristiano murmured walking into the room, he sighed wishing that she wouldn’t worry about what was happening; he wrapped his arms around her wanting to ease her mind.

Jenna rested back into Cristiano’s arms, she wondered if Tiffany knew that Cristiano was a werewolf if she was a vampire; there was so much that had been left unanswered and Jenna didn’t like it.

“Do you think Tiffany is a vampire?” Jenna asked turning to look up at Cristiano’s face, she didn’t want him to lie to protect her; she wanted answers and she was sure that he would give them to her.

Cristiano looked down at his beautiful mate’s face, he brushed some hair from her face wishing that she would just forget for a little while; he didn’t want her worrying over nothing and he was going to make sure that no vampire got near her again.

“There is a chance of it yes,” Cristiano replied wanting her to be prepared, he doubted that this was the last time that they would have to worry about the rogue vampire that had approached Jenna and scared her.

Jenna swallowed thickly, she wasn’t sure how she felt about that answer and it made her worry about what Tiffany had mouthed to her; she feared what her former best friend would do to her to get what she wanted.

“I could never love her Jenna… it’s always going to be you,” Cristiano murmured as if knowing what his mate was thinking; he didn’t want her doubting herself or them; they had made it so far and he was sure that they would be fine.

Jenna chewed on her lip, she had so many thoughts and not all of them were good, some wanted her to leave Cristiano before Tiffany had a chance to hurt anyone; she knew that if Tiffany was a vampire then it wouldn’t end well.

“You are my soul-mate Jenna… if anything happened to you, I’d only live long enough to end whoever had taken you from me,” Cristiano continued, his eyes dark at the thought of losing his mate and he knew he would kill anyone who tried to take her from him.

Jenna blinked looking at Cristiano, her stomach twisting at the thought of Cristiano dying; she didn’t want him to end his own life if something happened to her.

“I wouldn’t want you to do that,” Jenna whispered quietly, she cuddled into Cristiano’s chest frightened and she knew that she would never forgive herself if he went to that extreme because of her.

Cristiano wrapped his arms around her, he knew she was still learning and he was sure that she would understand soon; he pressed a kiss to the top of her head in comfort.

“It wouldn’t be much of a choice… our bond would slowly drive me crazy or would kill me as soon as I’d killed whoever took your life,” Cristiano explained, he wouldn’t want to outlive her by much and he would happily welcome death if she was to die before him.

Jenna was quiet allowing Cristiano’s words to settle, she hadn’t realised just how strong their bond was between them; it still amazed her even now.

“I’ll also never want Tiffany the way she wants me… werewolves and vampires are sworn enemies, we could never be mates,” Cristiano concluded wanting to put an end to the conversation, he didn’t want to think about the vampire threat right now.

***

“Where have you been?” Alexander demanded turning to stare at his fledging, he couldn’t believe how stupid she was and he was thrilled to have found a way to cause mayhem for the Madrid pack.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, she had barely been a vampire for a week and she was loving her new life; she loved the power that she had and hadn’t been able to resist going to see Jenna.

Tiffany was furious to learn that Jenna had shacked up with Cristiano, her friend was a menace and Tiffany knew that she had to get rid of Jenna if she wanted her happy ending with Cristiano.

“I went to visit an old friend,” Tiffany replied moving to sit down, she wasn’t overly fond of her creator but he was looking after her; she couldn’t wait until he left so she could put her plan into action.

Alexander stared at Tiffany, he was sure that she was already making trouble and he was sure that she still had no idea that Cristiano was a werewolf; he had made sure not to tell her that when he had turned her.

It only made things more interesting and Alexander could already see his plan taking shape; Tiffany would kill Jenna in an attempt to win Cristiano’s heart, only to discover that the man was in fact a werewolf who would end up killing her.

“I was also checking in on my future mate,” Tiffany continued thinking about how happy Cristiano would be when she turned him, she could just imagine how good her life would be when he was completely hers.

Alexander just nodded his head, he was doing everything in his power to keep Cristiano’s real identity a secret; he wanted to make sure that Tiffany didn’t find out since it would change anything.

Tiffany was Alexander’s key to completing his mission, he wanted Jenna dead since he had never left his prey alive before and that fact wasn’t going to change.