Chapter Fifteen: Sharing a Bed

Jenna took a deep breath as she stood in the en-suite bathroom preparing to go to bed, it had been a long day and she just wanted to put it behind her; she was sure she’d never see Alexander again.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Jenna sighed at her grey oversized T-shirt and leopard print leggings; she was a little nervous about sharing a bed with Cristiano but she knew that it had been her suggestion.

“Are you coming out amor?” Cristiano called from outside of the bathroom, he was a little worried about how long she had been in there and he hoped that she wasn’t hiding from him.

Jenna peeked at the door she couldn’t stay in the bathroom all night and she was sure that she could be a grown up about all of this; it had been her suggestion after all.

“I’m coming,” Jenna squeaked nervously, she cleared her throat sure that it wouldn’t be too bad; she took one final look at herself in the mirror before she walked out of the bathroom.

Cristiano who had been laying back on the bed looked up and smiled at Jenna, he was dressed in nothing but sweat pants since he didn’t really get cold.

“You okay?” Cristiano asked watching Jenna, he wasn’t surprised that Tiffany hadn’t even called to make sure that Jenna was okay; he doubted that she really cared.

Jenna nodded her head popping her things on top of her bag, she had used Cristiano’s washing machine and dryer to do all of her clothes since she hadn’t been able to finish after what had happened at the laundrette with Alexander.

“I’m good,” Jenna replied calmly, she didn’t want to let on that she was freaking out about the idea of sharing a bed with Cristiano; he was gorgeous and she worried she’d do something stupid.

Jenna moved towards the bed while Cristiano headed for the bathroom, she couldn’t keep her eyes off his body knowing that soon he would be spending the night next to her.

***

Cristiano murmured waking up a little confused, it was the middle of the night and something had disturbed him; he yawned opening his eyes wondering what had woken him up.

Peeking at the clock that read three o’clock in the morning, Cristiano grumbled softly annoyed before he looked next to him where Jenna should have been; he sat up alarmed when he saw that she wasn’t there.

Cristiano looked around confused realising what had woken him, he wasn’t sure where his mate could have gone but he doubted she could have gotten far.

Climbing out of bed, Cristiano’s sensitive hearing listened for a moment trying to figure out where Jenna had gotten to; he headed out of the bedroom and down the stairs to find his mate.

Cristiano snuffled tracking the scent to the kitchen, he sighed in relief when he spotted her walking out of the utility room; it was cold and he wasn’t sure why she would be awake at this hour.

“What are you doing up Jenna?” Cristiano mumbled sleepily, he wrapped his arms around Jenna and tugged her close; he frowned a little at how cold she was and he knew it was related to their incomplete bond.

Cristiano often ran a temperature a little higher than a humans, he was used to it now and it helped when he often had late night patrols; he cuddled Jenna close rubbing his hands up and down her bare arms.

“I was cold,” Jenna whispered shivering while Cristiano held her close, she wondered why he was so warm to her; she closed her eyes not wanting to think about it.

Cristiano held Jenna close, their bond was only going to get stronger from here and he had to make sure that it wouldn’t drain his mate like it clearly was right now.

“You’re freezing amor,” Cristiano murmured knowing that this was his fault, the longer that their bond went incomplete the more this would happen; he didn’t want anything bad to happen to her.

Jenna nodded her head, she cuddled closer to Cristiano wondering if she was coming down with something; she didn’t want to get ill on her last week in Madrid before she returned home.

“I’m sorry,” Cristiano whispered softly, this was his fault and he didn’t know how he could explain since she didn’t know that he was a werewolf; he hated that he couldn’t tell her yet.

His fingers moved through Jenna’s hair, Cristiano wished that there was an easier way to tell Jenna that he wasn’t human; he wasn’t sure how she would take it and he feared that she would reject him.

“What are you sorry for?” Jenna murmured sleepily, she was exhausted and she couldn’t think of a reason for Cristiano to apologise to her; she was grateful for him taking her in and she wished that there was something that she could do to repay him.

Cristiano smiled, he had no idea what he would have done without her; she was his soul-mate and he wasn’t going to let some rogue vampire turn her into some sort of game.

“It doesn’t matter… let’s get you back to bed,” Cristiano comforted smiling at Jenna, she was starting to fall asleep and he knew that it wouldn’t be long until she was; he held her close moving to pick her up bridal style so that he could carry her upstairs.

Jenna buried her head into Cristiano’s neck, she was tired and she just wanted to sleep after the rough day that she’d had and she was sure tomorrow would be just has hard.

***

Jenna squeaked in surprise as Cristiano held her close, they were back in bed and she couldn’t believe that she was cuddling in bed with a shirtless Cristiano; she knew for a fact that Tiffany would kill her if she knew about this.

“Feeling warmer?” Cristiano murmured trying to keep himself from smiling, he got to hold his beautiful mate close and nothing could take this away from him.

Jenna nodded her head, her brown eyes starting to droop as she felt herself drifting back off to sleep; she was exhausted and she felt a lot warmer now wrapped up in Cristiano’s arms.

“Good,” Cristiano soothed cuddling Jenna closer, it was still dark outside and he was glad that he had been able to convince her to let him do this.

Her ice cold feet were wrapped up in woolly socks and she was wrapped up in the duvet with her own personal heater; Cristiano was just glad he didn’t have patrol since he didn’t wish to leave her.

“Sleep amor… I’ll keep you warm all night long,” Cristiano purred protectively, he pressed a kiss to the top of Jenna’s head and he knew that this was what he had always wanted.

Jenna didn’t hear what he said as she drifted off to sleep, she cuddled closer to Cristiano feeling safe and protected; she had no idea what the next few days would hold for her but she hoped that there wasn’t going to be any more trouble.

Cristiano stared up at the ceiling thinking about how lucky he was right now, he had no idea how Jenna would react when she found out that he was a werewolf but he hoped that she wouldn’t freak out when she learnt the truth about what was going on.

“I love you,” Cristiano whispered softly, he looked at Jenna for a moment knowing that he wouldn’t be hearing those words from her just yet or for a while.

Jenna sniffled in her sleep, she didn’t stir as Cristiano watched her for a moment before he closed his eyes wanting to get some sleep.