Chapter Fourteen: Staying with Cristiano

"You've been sleeping on the couch," Cristiano said through gritted teeth as he looked at the make-shift bed that Jenna had made; he knew that the suite had two beds and he wasn't happy with his situation.

Jenna nodded her head, she brushed some hair from her face as she collected the last of her things so that she could go and stay with Cristiano; she was so grateful that he had offered up her home.

Tiffany was gone for the day and Jenna was glad since she didn't wish to tell her friend what had happened; she had a feeling that Tiffany would only make this all about her.

"Tiffany kicked me out of the bedroom," Jenna explained peeking at Cristiano, she knew it wasn't a good thing and she doubted anyone would ever understood how she put up with Tiffany and her spoilt ways.

Cristiano stared at his mate, he didn't understand how Jenna could be so loyal to someone that clearly wouldn't care if she disappeared off the face of the earth; Tiffany only cared for herself and she was bad news.

"Why do you put up with her?" Cristiano asked softly, his brown eyes watching Jenna as he moved to sit down on the couch where she had been sleeping; he wanted to understand her odd friendship that she shared with Tiffany.

"She's my only friend," Jenna admitted quietly, she didn't look at Cristiano as she continued to collect her things, she felt embarrassed about her admission and she couldn't bring herself to look at Cristiano.

Cristiano stared at his mate, he hadn't been expecting her to say anything like that to him; he watched her knowing that it gave her every reason to cling to Tiffany if she was the only friend that she'd had in a long time.

"No one wants to be friends with the girl that tried to drowned herself," Jenna explained trying not to get upset, she had been bullied a lot in school after what had happened and it still haunted her even now.

Cristiano shook his head, he hated that she had suffered while he had been living quite happily with his life and being successful; he got to his feet and walked over to Jenna to hug her.

"You have me now," Cristiano whispered wrapping his arms around Jenna, he held her close knowing that he had one more week to break the news to her about what he was; he needed her to stay in Madrid since he couldn't leave for Valencia because it was vampire country.

Jenna sighed and closed her eyes, she had one last week with Cristiano and she wasn't sure what would happen but she knew that when she returned home that she wasn't going to see Cristiano again.

"You'll always have me," Cristiano murmured trying to comfort Jenna, every day that they spent together allowed their connection to grow and soon it would be complete.

Jenna closed her eyes and rested her head against Cristiano's, she had no idea what the future held for her and she wasn't sure she'd ever be able to say goodbye to him.

***

Cristiano smiled pleased with himself, he had spent that last five years preparing the house for Jenna and his home back in Manchester had been prepared in case he had met her there.

It was instinctual for him to prepare a den for his mate and future pups, Cristiano wasn't in a rush to have pups with Jenna and he doubted that she would be ready for any soon.

"This is home," Cristiano announced smiling at Jenna, he wanted her to like the house since he was sure this would be their home for many years and she hadn't seen much of it on her last visit.

Moving towards the door, Cristiano got his keys out of his pocket glad that he had remembered to pick them up; he peeked back at Jenna glad that he could keep her safe now.

"Make yourself at home... I'll bring your bags in," Cristiano said to Jenna as he unlocked the door and allowing Jenna to step inside, he wasn't sure how the pack would deal with the vampire but he hoped that it wasn't hanging around Madrid.

Jenna stepped around Cristiano and father into the house, she was a little nervous to be in his home and she wasn't sure what to do; she had been there before and it still took her breath away.

***

Cristiano lead Jenna up the stairs after bringing in her bags, he wanted her to be comfortable and he was sure that she wanted a good rest; she had been sleeping on a couch for goodness knew how long.

Jenna followed quietly on Cristiano's heels, she was a little tired now and she was glad that he was insisting that she took a siesta; she hoped it would clear her mind after what had happened that morning.

"This is you," Cristiano said leading Jenna into the master bedroom, he wanted her to be comfortable and he wanted her somewhere that he knew he could keep her safe.

Jenna peeked around the simple coloured bedroom, it seemed very lived in and she felt bad that she was taking up space in Cristiano's home.

"It looks like the master bedroom," Jenna replied nervously, she didn't want to cause him anymore trouble that she already had; he was already doing so much for her by letting her stay with him.

Cristiano moved to pick up one of his shirts that was on the floor, he was hopeful that this week he would be able to tell her that she was his mate.

Iker had texted him that morning with the plans for the bonfire in which the news would be broken to Jenna; there was no going back to Valencia unless she rejected her bond with Cristiano.

"That's because it is," Cristiano explained with a smile, he wanted Jenna safe and no vampire would be stupid enough to come near a werewolf's home; it was like asking for death.

"I can't possibly kick you out of your bedroom," Jenna spluttered turning to look at Cristiano fully, she didn't want to make him sleep elsewhere when she was the guest and she had no right to force him from his bed.

Cristiano chuckled amused, he walked over to Jenna glad that she was his mate, he couldn't imagine what would have happened if it had been someone like Tiffany.

"It's fine... I can sleep on the couch since the guest rooms don't have furniture in," Cristiano said reassuring Jenna, he didn't mind and he doubted that he would get much sleep anyway after a vampire had approached her.

Cristiano knew his time was running short to mark Jenna before it was too late and Iker was pushing for him to do so in the next couple of days; it would only end in tears if he didn't.

"You can't," Jenna protested, she was sure that her couch wouldn't be comfortable and she doubted that Carlo Ancelotti would be pleased if Cristiano turned up with a bad back.

Cristiano chuckled, he loved the fact that she was concerned about him and he hoped that it wasn't just their bond; he brushed some hair from her face before he gave her a small kiss.

"Then where do you suggest I sleep," Cristiano teased knowing that he found her adorable when she tried to argue with him and he loved to tease her a little since she always blushed.

"With me... I mean, in the bed with me," Jenna spluttered as she started to blush, she couldn't believe that she had said that to Cristiano Ronaldo.