Chapter Nine: Pack Meeting

“Where have you been?” Tiffany demanded when Jenna walked back into their hotel room, she had taken a nap after Jenna had left; she hadn’t been pleased to wake up and find that her friend wasn’t back yet.

Tiffany had wanted to go shopping and pick up new clothes that could catch Cristiano’s eye, she was sure that the footballer would be pleased after their kiss.

“I went out for some fresh air and had some lunch,” Jenna lied, she wasn’t about to tell Tiffany that she had been on a date with Cristiano; her friend would never forgive her and she knew that things would change for them.

Tiffany pursed her lips, she slowly nodded her head not quite believing her best friend; she turned her attention back to the television ignoring Jenna.

Standing for a moment in silence, Jenna stared at her best friend wondering why she was feeling so guilty when she hadn’t done anything wrong; it wasn’t as if Cristiano was Tiffany’s boyfriend.

The footballer had made it pretty clear during their lunch date that he preferred her to Tiffany but that didn’t ease Jenna’s guilt right now; she knew how much Tiffany liked Cristiano and she’d still gone out with him.

“I’m going to have a shower,” Jenna murmured doubting that Tiffany was even listening to her, she wasn’t sure what was going on with the blonde right now but she wasn’t going to get her down.

Jenna doubted her odd feelings for Cristiano would matter in four days, she would be in Valencia and she doubted that the footballer would even remember her once she had gone.

Jenna ignored the horrible feeling in the pity of her stomach, she was going to have to get used to the fact in a few weeks Cristiano wouldn’t know who she was.

***

Cristiano sighed running his fingers through his hair as he arrived at Iker’s house, he had dropped Jenna back at her hotel and his mind was still reeling from the news that in four days’ time his mate returned to Valencia.

Moving to knock on the front door of Iker’s home, Cristiano knew that something had to be done to keep Jenna in Madrid; it wasn’t safe for her to return to her home land.

“Cristiano,” Sara Carbonero greeted opening the door, she smiled at Iker’s pack-mate as she balanced Martin on her hip; she was used to her home being used for pack meetings.

Cristiano only nodded his head, he wasn’t in the mood for talking right now and he just wanted to get the meeting over and done with; he slowly padded towards the living room where he knew Iker and the others would be waiting.

“Look who finally showed up,” Arbeloa teased looking at Cristiano, he was surprised that the other male was late for their meeting; he was usually the first to arrive and yet today there was a difference.

Cristiano didn’t even look at the Spanish wolf, he had no interest in putting up with being taunted right now; he was trying to think of ways to get Jenna to stay.

Iker and Sergio shared a concerned look, they knew that their friend was having a rough time and they knew that this wasn’t something that they could help him with.

“Shall we get down to business,” Iker mused doubting that Cristiano would want any of them prying, he would ask for help if he needed it and he knew that they had bigger problems to deal with.

Iker had so much on his plate right now and he didn’t need anyone causing trouble, his position of alpha meant that he had a lot to worry about with the growing problem of nomadic werewolves and vampires.

Cristiano could barely listen to Iker as the alpha spoke about information that he had received from the vampires of Barcelona; he had little interest in the coven that were their league rivals.

Cristiano’s mind was only focused on the fact that his mate was going to leave him, he knew the dangers of letting her leave before their mating had took and she would be killed within a few weeks.

Jenna was going to become a walking target and Cristiano couldn’t let that happen, he was running short of time and he knew that this couldn’t be easy; he had so little options and he didn’t wish to scare off his mate.

“Cristiano?” Fábio whispered nudging his friend in the ribs, he shared a look with Pepe as the rest of the pack turned to look at him; he was surprised that Cristiano hadn’t been listening to a word that had been said.

Cristiano blinked moving to look at Fábio confused for a moment, he opened his mouth to speak before he looked at the rest of the pack who were all staring at him.

“Is everything okay?” Iker asked wondering what had Cristiano so distracted, he knew that Tiffany was causing a lot of issues but he had thought that they were dealing with that.

Cristiano sighed, he hated that he had to make his problems pack knowledge but he knew that he was going to be distracted; he wished that there was some way to make things easier.

“Jenna isn’t staying for another week… I have four days left,” Cristiano said informing the pack, he hated that Jenna was leaving so soon and he couldn’t allow her to leave; he didn’t want to lose his mate when he had only just found her.

Cristiano wasn’t sure what he could do and abducting his mate and holding her hostage wasn’t the answer that he wanted; he doubted Jenna would forgive him if he did.

“She can’t leave,” Raphaël Varane whimpered staring at Cristiano, he didn’t want to think what would happen if Jenna left and it wasn’t going to end well for her or Cristiano.

The bond between werewolf and mate was a strong one and if anything happened to one of them then the other would feel it; if Jenna was killed back in Valencia then Cristiano would die in Madrid.

Cristiano clenched his fist, he felt himself shaking and he knew that something had to be done otherwise everything would be lost; he doubted they would survive a month apart without the weak incomplete bond killing the both of them.

“Go take a run now,” Iker ordered not wanting Cristiano to phase in the house, he had his own mate and pup to protect and he didn’t want an over emotional werewolf in the house right now.

Cristiano nodded his head, he took a deep breath as he got to his feet and hurried out of the living room; he headed for the back garden feeling his hands shaking knowing that he was going to lose control.

Cristiano had enough time to kick off his shoes before he burst into a wolf, his clothes shredding at the action and he hurried towards the forest that sat at the edge of Iker’s garden.

Cristiano growled annoyed that he had destroyed another set of clothes, he hated losing control but his mind was all over the place right now; he was sure that Iker would be able to come up with something sensible to help him.

Jenna had only just come into his life, he had waited eleven years for this moment and now it was being taken from him; Cristiano had only thought that Tiffany would be a problem for them not this.

Cristiano’s paws pounded along the forest floor, despairingly trying to burn off steam before he had to go back; he slowed down to a jog and howling knowing that this shouldn’t be happening to him.

Cristiano just wanted what everyone else had and he didn’t know why he should be punished for wanting to be happy.