Chapter Twenty-Three: Meeting Jenna's Parents

Jenna took a deep breath as she knocked on the front door of her parents’ home, she chewed on her lip knowing that she had no idea how her family would react to her decision to move to Madrid.

Cristiano stood beside his mate, he was a little nervous about meeting Jenna’s parents; he doubted they would be pleased that Jenna was moving to Madrid to be with him.

“Jenna,” Martha Valiente cried thrilled to see her only daughter again as she opened the door, she pulled Jenna into a hug and held her close knowing that it had been far too long.

Jenna squeaked patting her mother on her back, she was a little surprised at the reaction; she peeked at Cristiano who was watching the pair with interest.

“And who is this?” Martha asked finally noticing Cristiano, she pulled back from Jenna curious about the man that she had brought home with her; she had never done this before and it made Martha a little nervous.

Cristiano offered Jenna’s mother a small smile, he had no idea how to act right now and he knew that this was going to be a long afternoon.

“Cristiano… my boyfriend,” Jenna murmured introducing her mother to the footballer, she had no idea what else to say since she couldn’t tell her family that Cristiano was a werewolf.

Martha stared at her daughter for a moment, she wasn’t quite sure what to say since Jenna had never really dated before; she forced a smile turning to look at Cristiano.

“It’s wonderful to meet you,” Martha said wondering what was going on, she wasn’t sure what to believe right now and she doubted her husband was going to be happy about this.

Cristiano smiled, he was hopeful that this meeting with Jenna’s parents; he wanted them to like him since he was now a big part of their only daughter’s life.

***

“So you and Jenna are dating…” Richard Ramírez said looking at Cristiano, he wasn’t sure what to make of the footballer dating his daughter; he didn’t want Jenna hurt if this was some sort of joke.

Cristiano nodded his head, he was a little wary of the man that sat before him and he was just relieved that Jenna’s older brothers; he wasn’t ready to deal with them just yet.

“Is this some sort of bet?” Richard asked watching the footballer, he was tired of people using his daughter as a joke or charity case; he wanted her to have a happy life and it didn’t seem to ever happen.

Cristiano flinched, he remembered that Jenna had asked him the same thing when he had first told her that he was a werewolf and those words seemed to be haunting him.

Cristiano wondered how many boys had done that to his mate before he had come into her life, he hated that people had thought that she was some sort of joke.

Richard looked towards the kitchen, he was glad to have a moment alone with the footballer; his wife was keeping Jenna busy and he hoped to learn what someone like Cristiano wanted with Jenna.

“I love your daughter… I would never do anything to hurt her,” Cristiano replied staring at Richard, he would die to protect Jenna and he knew that it was going to take time for her parents to trust him.

R]ichard balked staring at Cristiano, he hadn’t expected the footballer to seem so serious about his daughter; everyone in the area thought of Jenna as some nut-case after she had tried to kill herself.

“After only three weeks…” Richard murmured wondering if there was something that he was missing, it worried him how attached his daughter seemed to the footballer.

Cristiano nodded his head, he would never be able to tell Richard why he loved Jenna but he knew that she was his soul-mate and that was all that mattered to him.

“She’s a wonderful woman and I don’t judge her on her past,” Cristiano stated, he knew that everyone here believed that Jenna had tried to kill herself and it made him angry that no one believed her.

Jenna was insistent that she hadn’t done it and Cristiano believed her, he was still convinced that Tiffany had been the one to try and kill her; he just wished that there was some way to prove it.

Richard looked at the man that barely knew his daughter and yet seemed to be the first person in a long time to actually see her and not what had happened.

“I love your daughter and want to make her happy, that is all that matters to me,” Cristiano continued wanting to make Richard see that he wasn’t using his daughter; he wanted nothing more than for Jenna’s parents to like him and for them to accept his relationship with Jenna.

Richard sipped on his coffee, it was going cold by now and he knew that he had never seen anyone actually care for his daughter; Tiffany had never been a real friend to her and he always found the blonde to be a little false.

“Good Ronaldo… make sure that it says that way,” Richard said firmly, he wasn’t going to intervene unless Cristiano gave him a reason not to believe him; he had a feeling that this could be good for Jenna.

***

“So you’re moving to Madrid,” Martha mused a little upset that her daughter was moving all the way to the capital, she wanted all her children close; she wanted to protect them even if they were grown up now.

Jenna nodded her head, she was surprised at how calm her parents were being and she wondered what was going on since they didn’t seem too freaked out at her news.

“It’ll be a fresh start madre… I could use one,” Jenna murmured, she had only told Cristiano part of what it was like growing up and it had been hard on her; she wanted to get away and now was her chance, she wouldn’t even be doing it if it weren’t for Cristiano.

Martha nodded her head, she sighed wishing that there had been a way to stop the gossip and horrible rumours that ran around town about her daughter; it had worn away Jenna’s self-confidence and having a friend like Tiffany hadn’t helped.

“I’m happy for you,” Martha said turning to look at her daughter, she wished that there was some way for Jenna to stay but she knew that if the brunette wanted to go then she would support her.

Martha just wanted her little girl happy and she knew that Jenna hadn’t been this happy in years; there was something about Cristiano that made her daughter shine and she never wanted that to go away.

“I just want you to remember that whatever happens… you can always come home,” Martha said moving to wrap her arms around Jenna, she held her daughter close knowing that everything happened for a reason.

Jenna closed her eyes, she hugged her mother back knowing that while her parents did believe that she had tried to end her life; they were still so supportive of her.

“I know madre,” Jenna whispered with a smile, she hoped that one day her parents would believe her and that she wouldn’t give them reasons to be ashamed of her anymore.

Jenna was tired of letting her family down and the move to Madrid was the best chance that she had been waiting for.