Day 5- Happy Birthday, Aang (part 3)

KATARA'S POV:

We all sat down at the table and ate the cake. "This is really good, Kat," Zuko said. I smiled. "Thanks," I replied. Aang squeezed my hand under the table. 

"Why did you guys do this for me? My birthday was in December,"  Aang reminded us. I giggled. "It was all Kat's idea!" Sokka decided to shout. I blushed. "Don't throw me under the bus!" I shouted back. Aang pecked my lips. "Thank you, sweetie," he said. I blushed more. 

"Ok, oogies! We're eating here!" I rolled my eyes. Suki pecked his cheek and he blushed. "What were you saying?" she asked. I smirked. "Nothing," Sokka said. We all laughed. 

"Can you open your gifts now?" Sokka asked. "Why'd you gotta get me gifts? Really?" We all laughed. I grabbed Aang's wrist as the rest of them headed to a rug in the middle of the room. He rolled me there and helped me on the floor next to him, crossing my legs. 

"Do mine Sokka's first, I think you'll like it," Tylee said. "Ok," Aang said as Sokka handed him the book. 

"It's a book about the Air Nomads. We're opening up that 4 elements camp, right? Well to teach the 'Air Nomads' I found this book in the Western Temple. I know it's-" he was cut off by Aang hugging him. Sokka hugged him back and Aang started to tear up. 

"There's information in here that I haven't even learned yet," Aang said. "Granted, my knowledge is 100 years outdated." We all giggled. 

"Go in order, you can do mine next," Suki offered. She smiled as she handed Aang the fans. "Are- are these the ones that Kyoshi used?" Aang was tearing up again. "Thank you, I think the Kyoshi in me is really happy," he said and we all laughed again. 

As if a signal, his eyes glowed up for a split second. "Yeah, I think that's a thank you," I said. We all giggled again. "I think so too," he replied. 

Zuko was next to Suki, so he and Mai handed Aang the map and the plaque. "Air Temple Island," he read. I was tearing up for some reason. 

"We know it's not like the other Air Temples, but we thought you could build one there. It's off the colonies. We hope you like it," Zuko said. Aang was hugging them tightly now. Zuko patted his shoulder as he came back down to sit next to me. 

"Thank you so freaking much, I- I don't know what to say," he replied. "Don't say anything. It's ok," Mai replied. We all smiled. "Gyatso would be proud," is all that I could think to say. He smiled and hugged me. "I know," he whispered. 

Tylee handed him her gift and Aang slowly took it. "Paint?" he asked, sniffling. She nodded. "To paint your glider the original monk colours," she said. Aang was tearing up again. "Thank you," he said as he hugged her. 

Toph pointed her gift in the direction of Zuko. "Toph.." Aang started. "What? You don't like it? I thought it was nice..." she said as her smile disappeared. "Toph, you're pointing it at Zuko," I said. "Oh!" she exclaimed as she pointed it at Suki. We all laughed. 

Aang moved her hand to his face. "There," he said. "Ohhh," she said. We all laughed again. He took it from her hand. "A nutcracker?" he asked. "Why would I- ohhhh! You little earthbender!" We all laughed at that. "Thank you," he said and hugged her. 

I gave him the plaque and the map. "No, no, no, no. I'm not accepting another island, babe," he said and we all laughed. I blushed. "Please, sweetie?" I begged. He rolled his eyes. "You're lucky you're cute," he muttered under his breath as he took the gift from my hand. Everyone laughed while I blushed. Sokka looked ready to kill him. I threw ice at him. 

"Republic City?" he asked. I nodded. "Since the war's over, I thought the four- er, three- no, four, elements should be able to live somewhere in peace and harmony. Do you not like the name, though?" I explained. He just hugged me, wiping his tears in my dress. 

He pecked my before he let go. "This is the smartest thing anyone's done since the war ended," he joked, and we all laughed again. "I love this, thank you, babe." Sokka wants to kill him again. "Calm down, big bro," I said. He did what I said. 

Aang suddenly turned back to Sokka. "Wait, what four elements camp were you talking about? We're running a camp? Since when?" We all smiled. 

"Happy birthday, Avatar Aang," Zuko said. "It's the gift from Team Avatar. After we left the South Pole, now after we leave Gaoling, we were going to find some kids who want to learn the ways of the Air Nomads and live as them," I explained. "Like acolytes?" Aang asked. "Exactly!" Toph replied. 

"Wh- You guys are seriously the best friends in the whole universe," Aang said. "The camp'll take place in Republic City," Sokka said. "We already have books on the other 3 elements," Suki marked. 

"Katara and Sokka can take the Water Tribe element, Katara teaching benders and Sokka non-benders. Toph and Suki can take the Earth Kingdom element, Toph teaching benders and Suki non-benders. Zuko and Mai can take the Fire Nation element, Zuko teaching benders and Mai non-benders. I'll go with you in the Air Nomad element," Tylee said. 

I was having trouble bending the tears off of Aang's face. "Wait- but Zuko has a Nation to run," Aang said. I smiled, bending off more tears. "When I can come, I will. When I can't, Azula'll be there," Zuko explained with a smile on his face. "Oka- AZULA?!?!?!" We all laughed. 

"I'm kidding! I'd send my friend Kuzon, but he's a waterbender. I'll send his Spirit Twin, Kyza," Zuko assured the startled Avatar. "Okay, that's a lot better," Aang said. We all laughed. 

----10:00 pm----

"Sweetie?" Aang called as he turned around. "Yeah?" I replied. "I'm sorry for asking you what I did in the iceberg," he confessed. I smiled. "It's ok, sweetie," I assured him. He smiled. "Goodnight, babe," he coaxed. I smiled as he grabbed my waist and pulled my close. "Goodnight, sweetie."