Day 3- Lightning and Thunder (part 4)

Warning! Contains: crying, tears, heartbreak, hair, kissing, pecks, SWEARING, etc

(May 11th, 13:00)

SUKI'S POV:

I ran out the door, Mai and Tylee in front of me, and they stayed back for a second to talk to Zuko so I was able to run to the meeting room really quickly to get Sokka. I don't know how the actual fuck Aang isn't in the igloo, and Zuko's probably lying because we all saw him leave with Sokka,  but I'm about to see it for myself. 

I opened the door, my eyes looking around the room for Aang but instead landing on Sokka, whose eyes widened when he saw me worried. "What, you didn't get to ask Aang your question?" I raised my eyebrow before realizing Zuko must have made up some lie so the whole city doesn't know that Katara was shot by lightning and is now having a panic attack because of some nightmare. He's actually somewhat smart. Huh. 

"Hakoda, sir, do you mind if I take Sokka, please? It's really, really urgent." He shook his head, nodding at my boyfriend. "Not at all. Bye, Sokka, I'll tell you what you need to know after." He nodded, slowly getting up and following me out the door. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, gently kissing my cheek as his hands trailed down to my waist. My worried eyes looked up at him, seeing the worry mirroring in his own eyes. "It's Katara," I replied, my voice gently cracking. 

His eyes widened and his eyebrows rose, and I could see the worry rising inside him. "What's wrong? What happened?" I lent my head on his chest. "She had a bad dream and she can't breathe well. We were looking for Aang so we only worry one more person, but we can't find him.

"Zuko, Mai, and Tylee are out looking for him right now," I finished, the tears welling up in my eyes finally falling down my cheeks. His index finger appeared under my chin, picking up my face to look him in the eyes. "Listen," he whispered. "It'll be okay. You go back to stay with her. Did you actually leave her with Toph?" I nodded, a small laugh escaping my mouth. 

"Okay," I choked out, "but you have to go with the others to find Aang. He's the only one who's able to bend her breathing back to normal." He nodded, a small smile on his face as he pecked my lips. "I love you. Stay safe." 

I nodded, giving him a light kiss. "You too." 

And we both ran our separate ways. 

SOKKA'S POV:

"What the fuck- Sokka? Aren't you in a meeting?" I rolled my eyes with a small smile on. "Isn't Suki supposed to be asking Aang a question instead of telling me that my sister's crying on her bed?" He sighed and rolled his eyes, stopping his running and letting me fall into step next to him. 

"We need to find Aang," I said. He nodded, his hand reaching for mine as I sighed, giving it to him, gripping it tightly. "For Katara,"  whispered. I smiled at him, giving his hand a light squeeze before smiling at him. "Come on. We can start with Appa. I bet he's dying to get out of here." Zuko smiled, nodding, as he let go of my hand and ran to the city gates. I shook my head, following him, as he climbed up Appa's fur quickly. 

"Okay," I said, hoisting myself up the bison, giving my hand to Zuko, who was still struggling to get on. "You wanna drive? We can just search the city from above." He shook his head. "No, I don't trust myself with this thing. And both of our lives." I smiled. 

"So," he said, "where'd Aang go? I thought you two went to the meeting together." I shut my eyes for a hot second as I climbed up to Appa's head, whipping the reigns. "Yip yip!" I turned back to Zuko, shaking my head. 

<>

"She's going to be okay," I said as Aang and I walked out of the igloo. He stopped walking, me pausing too. "No, I know that," he said. "I'm worried that you don't want me to be her boyfriend." My eyes widened as I turned to him.