Day 2- Finally Back Home (part 3)

Hi! Sorry this chapter is so short, I just want them to be day by day, and each chapter somewhere around 1.6k words, so this one turned out only around 430. Thanks!

^^ that was old- it's 700 now<3

Warning! Contains: slight pecks, wondering, love, nothing much. 

(May 10th, 22:00/10:00 pm)

KATARA'S POV:

As the four of us walked back into the house, I saw Tylee walking in behind us. She raised her eyebrow and handed me the envelope in her hand, nodding towards Toph. "Is she 'The Blind Bandit'?" I nodded, walking over to Toph's bed, where she was reading a book (in braille).

"Toph." She looked up from the book towards me, hearing where my voice was coming from. "There was a letter addressed to you, 'Toph Beifong of the Beifong residence.'" She bit the inside of her cheek and nodded, flipping the corner of the book page and putting it down, placing her left hand on my knee. I placed one hand over hers and gave it a firm squeeze before using it to open the envelope.

"What does it say? And is it from my parents?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper. I nodded slowly, "yeah, Lao and Poppy Beifong." She sighed, looking down at the floor, and I squeezed her knee. "It's in braille," I whispered. Her head shot up and she turned to me, her eyes wide.

"Really?!" I nodded, smiling lightly. Her smile widened as she took the paper from me, feeling all around it. She placed it on her lap, starting at the top. Everyone had gathered around us to hear what her parents had to say.

"Dear Toph," she started.

"We have heard how you helped to end the war, and we are ever so proud of you. We would love to invite you and all of your friends back to our house for dinner soon, to celebrate the end of the war. We also have a special surprise for you, sweetheart. If you have kept up with your studies back when you lived with us, you should be able to read this. If not, it's written on the back for one of your friends to read it to you. We hope to see you soon, daughter. Regards, Lao and Poppy Beifong (your parents)."

"Oh, wow, that's great," Aang smiled. "We'll go there before the colonies, then. Can't be too long." I smiled and rubbed her back. "This is great, Toph! I can't wait." She smiled and handed me back the paper, which I folded and put into the envelope.

"Uh, no offense, but can we really trust them?" Sokka asked, ignoring the look Suki was giving him. "I mean, 'special surprises' from the Earth kIngdom aren't always the best." Suki shrugged this time, turning to Zuko.

"The Dai Li's gone, so it can't be that bad," he replied. I nodded, turning to Suki. "Plus, it's Gaoling. I mean, yeah, sure, Aang and Toph were kidnapped, but at least Appa didn't go missing and Azula, Ma, and Tylee didn't come in dressed like you." Everyone broke out a small chuckle as they got up, going to change their clothes.

"Katara, wait," Toph said, holding her hand up in a "stop" motion. I turned around, realizing she had used my real name. "Can you help me right back to my parents?" I smile and nodded, walking over. "Yeah, of course."

<>

Dear mom & dad,

I miss you two so much. Thank you for not being mad that I ran away. Me and the rest of Team Avatar (Katara, Sokka, Aang, Zuko, Mai, Tylee, Suki) will be staying in the South Pole with the Southern Tribe for a week, but will immediately come visit you after that. I can't wait to see you, either.

Love, Toph.

<>

"Thanks," she whispered. I smiled and nodded, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I'm gonna go to sleep now. Need anything?" She shook her head and smiled at me, and I walked back to Aang. He smiled, pulling me into him, pulling up the covers.

"Goodnight, Katara," he whispered. "I love you." I smiled, feeling his lips on my cheek. "Goodnight, Aang. I love you more." And I do. I do love him. And it's not a secret anymore. And I love that.

But there was still one thing on my mind: how did Toph's parents know where we were?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

hellooooo<3 i hope you guys liked this short little chapter, I feel like i could've added it into the last one the first time I wrote this, but it's too late now.

night night!

(731 words) (yes the word counter on wattpad is broken, yes my wifi is out, & yes i did j count every single word here. fml.)

Much love xx -Ema