Day 2- Finally Back Home (part 2)

Warning! Contains: Swearing, love, kissing, pecks, oogies, etc

(May 9th, 12:00 pm/noon)

HAKODA'S POV:

"Katara and Sokka are here? In the South Pole?" I exclaimed, anxious to see my kids again. I would do anything just to spend time with those two. Everything's been off since I left to fight in the war.

"Yes, Chief Hakoda. They just left Ms. Kana's tent- I don't know where they are anymore." I widened my eyes and placed my hand on his shoulder as a quick thank-you before running off to see my kids again. Mom's tent. They went to see mom.

"Dad!" I looked up to see my daughter running towards me with full speed, leaping into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her as she settled on me, smiling at Sokka, who was behind her. "Hey, dad," he laughed, waving at me. "Hey, son. How are you kids? When did you get here?"

"Turns out, Appa flies a lot faster when we think Aang's being kidnapped in an iceberg underwater again," Mai muttered. I raised my eyebrow and turned to the young airbender, who just shook his head. "Kyoshi was just being her dumb self- nothing to worry about." I nodded and placed Katara down on the snow, hugging Sokka again.

"Didn't Gran Gran give you guys any coats? It's -70° right now and you're wearing light sweaters," I worried, motioning for them to follow me. They all did as I led them into a small tent. "We didn't know we were coming, sir," Suki said. "It just happened." I nodded, "stop with the sir, Suki. Come on." She looked down and I noticed Sokka squeezing her hand.

"Yeah, Sugar Queen was just soooo worried that Aang was being murdered. She got us all running when I could've told her he was on his jolly way to the Spirit World," Toph complained. I turned to my daughter, who blushed and looked at the floor.

"Katara, I heard you have a new boyfriend," I smiled, handing her a jacket she quickly put on. "I do," she whispered, smiling back. I turned to her as I handed Sokka and Suki jackets. "So," I handed Toph one, "who is it?" She looked at the floor, her hands slowly starting to shake and Aang coming around to her side.

Suddenly two brain cells clicked together in my brain. Aang. The way he's been looking at her like he's in love with her, the way his eyes shine when she's within a mile of him, the way he smiles every time he sees her. The way her face lights up when he enters the room, the way she's always stopping what she's doing when he says something, the way she gets so nervous for him every time he goes somewhere without her even though he's a fully realized Avatar.

I do kinda wanna see how this plays out, though.

KATARA'S POV:

"Get a tribesman to call to dad where we are, sis," Sokka said, grabbing my arm as I left my grandmother's tent. I nodded, smiling at him. "Smart. Maybe he can get us some jackets." Aang gave me a worried look as he turned to Sokka, who was rubbing his arms with his hands.

I walked over to a tribesman and stopped him for a second. "Hey, sorry, but could you tell my ad his kids are here?" The boy looked at me, he looked my age, maybe Sokka's. But I didn't give a fuck.

"Sorry, who's your dad?" he muttered, looking at my chest. I raised my eyebrow and snapped in his face, not alarming him at all. Before I knew what was happening he was looking behind me with a terrified glance in his eyes.

"Y-yes, ma'am, r-right away, m-master Katara," he choked out, running away. I turned behind me to see Aang with a deadly glare on that kid, his hand leaning out to mine. I leant into his warmth, letting him heat me up with some light firebending.

"I'm sorry I did that. It just angers me when someone doesn't pay attention to the person talking to them." I smiled into his chest, nuzzling myself closer as we walked back to the rest of the group.