Chapter 8: USJ pt 1

You and Todoroki burst through the door just as the bell rings. You both run to your seats and let out a sigh of relief. You grab out your notebook and quickly straighten up your blazer and tie. Aizawa walks into the room and stands in the front of the class."For today's hero training we'll be doing disasters, shipwrecks and everything in between." He holds up a blue 'rescue' card.

The class erupts into small chatters and cheers."I'm not done yet." Aizawa raises his voice a bit. "You can decide if you want to wear your costumes or not this time." He takes out a remote and presses it, the lockers with our costumes appear. "The site is off-campus so well be taking the bus. That's it, get ready now." Everyone gets out of their seats and heads to their lockers.

Walking into the locker room I hear girls chatting. Mina runs up to me, grabs my arms and jumps up and down. "Aren't you excited y/n! I'm so excited." I was just going to nod but I remembered the promise that I made to myself.

'I promise that I'll try to make friends, I'll let people in again.'

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited too. I didn't get to do anything during our first exercise so this should be exciting. Now go change. I don't think anyone wants you to save them in your undergarments." You say and chuckle a little. Mina's face heats up and she runs to dress up. "I would love to be saved by a half-dressed Mina!" You hear Mineta say in the distance.

"SHUT UP YOU PERV." A girl with raven hair yells next to you. She turns to you and smiles." Hi I'm Yaoyarozu, I don't think we've met yet." She sticks her hand out and you take it and shake it firmly." Yeah probably not, I'm l/n but call me y/n I prefer it." You say with a small smile. She nods and continues dressing.

......

You walk out of the locker room with Uraraka and Mina and join the rest of your class. You watch as Uraraka walks up to Izuku, leaving you with Mina." They definitely like each other." SHe whispers to you. You nod your head."I've known Izuku for a while and he's never been that nervous around a girl before." You laugh. You and Mina continue to chat for a bit until you hear a whistle blow.

"Class 1-A, gather around." Ida shouts. Everyone turns to him,"Form two lines by your student numbers in order to make boarding the bus go smoothly!" You and Mina wave to each other and begin to get into line. You reluctantly stood behind Mineta and waited to board the bus. He looked you up and down and began drooling.

"y/n you look real-" A block of ice hit him on the head and he fell down. You turned over to Todoroki and gave him a grateful smile, he just slightly nodded and got in line.

......

Turns out that the bus wasn't the one that Ida was thinking of so everyone just sat down anywhere they could. Ida was ranting about how his plan failed while you just listened. You ended up sitting by Kaminari. "I'm so excited y/n! I wonder what the place looks like." He was jumping up and down from his chair."Yeah, this is really exciting. We finally get to get into action!" You agreed and returned to listening to Ida's rant.

You just observed as Tsu talked about Izuku's quirk and Ida continued to rant. You began to space out until you heard your name. You look up and say,"Huh? What was that?" Kirishima turned to you and said."We were just saying how Todoroki, Bakugo and you have the flashiest quirks in our class." You widen your eyes. You never thought that it was flashy at all, you thought that it was pretty boring actually.

"Bakugo's always mad so it doesn't seem like he'd ever get popular, though." Tsu retorts. You nearly explode in laughter as she says that's. You see that Kaminari is also holding back laughter so you pat him on the back and you try to stay quite together. "What the hell! You wanna fight!" Bakugo stands up from his seat and raises his fist. "See?" Tsu points to him.

You and Kaminari lose it. You clench your stomach and he wipes tears away from his eyes and then says,"We haven't known each other that long , so it's amazing that everyone already knows his personality is crap steeped sewage."

Bakugo explodes and yells at Kaminari and you both laugh even harder, holding on to each other's arms. Jiro, who was sitting by him scoots away and you laugh even harder. You look over at Izuku and see him shivering. It wasn't everyday that Bakugo got teased."Everybody calm down, we're here." Aizawa gives Kaminari and I a side glance and we immediately stop and sit up straight.

......

As we exit the bus I wait for Todoroki, he walks out yawning and rubbing his eyes."Good morning, sleeping beauty." I nudge his arm. He rolls his eyes and retorts."Oh, i'm sorry I didn't get enough sleep. I was a little busy." You let out a soft chuckle and walk towards the entrance of the building. It was a huge dome and the sunlight reflected off of it. you shield your eyes as you enter the building. You stare in awe as you see the different zones. 'oos' and 'aas' were heard as more students entered.

Tugging on Todoroki's sleeve you spoke,"Isn't this so cool. It's huge!" He nods and looks around the place himself."It looks like Universal Studios Japan!" Kirishima shouted as he looked around in awe.

"Everyone, I have been waiting for your arrival." We turn around and see THE 13, the space hero. "It's the space hero, Thirteen!" Izuku says. "I love Thirteen!" Uraraka joins him. "This is the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, The USJ for short." Thirteen announces. Huh, so it really is the USJ then?

Aizawa walked up to Thirteen and whispered something to them. We all stood there, admiring the building. "Shall we start then? There's nothing we can do." Aizawa says to Thirteen. "Wasn't All Might supposed to be here?" Ida asked Izuku, who just shrugs.

"Well then, before we start I have one.. or two.. or three.. or four .. or fiv-" Before Thirteen could continue we all shouted in unison,"WE GET IT." She nods and continues. "Everyone, I am sure you are aware of my quirk, Black Hole. I can suck up anything and turn it to dust." That sent shivers down my spine. I'm just glad that they're a hero and not a villain."You've been able to use that quirk to save people from all kinds of disasters, right?" Izuku says, cheery as always.

"Yes but it's a power that can kill easily." Izuku and Uraraka tense up at that."Some of you also have quirks like that, right." I look at my hands. My quirk can easily burn through a person's body if I'm not careful, that's why I trained myself when I was younger to control it. I still can't control it completely, but I've gotten a lot better at it.

"Please do not forget that there are many quirks that can kill easily with one wrong step. With Aizawa's physical fitness test, you found out about the possibility of your own hidden powers." I remember how I had gotten a higher score than Bakugo. It scares me that I hold so much power that I can kill."And with All Might's person-to-person combat training, I think you experienced the danger of using those powers against others." I froze as I recalled how Izuku literally destroyed a whole ass building. I gulped thinking of what else he could do."

"This class is a fresh start." I focused on what she said and pushed those thoughts out of my mind."You shall learn how to use your quirks to save people's lives. You do not have powers so you can harm others." She puts her hands on her hips."I hope you leave here with the understanding that you have powers in order to help others." She bows and ends,"That is all. Thank you for listening." The whole class cheers and compliments her speech. It truly was inspiring.

Aizawa speaks over the shouting,"Alright then, first-" He was cut off by the lights suddenly going out. Unconsciously I grab Todoroki's wrist and hold it tight. He looks at me and pulls me a bit closer to him.

A purple vortex appears in the middle of the USJ and I could feel Todoroki tense up under my grip. A hand comes out of the vortex and a man with hands all over his body and blue hair walks out of the vortex."y/n, I don't thi-"

"Gather together and don't move!" Aizawa shouts and puts a hand in front of us. "Thirteen, protect the students!" he walks forward. "What's that?!" Kirishima asked. I hold Todoroki's wrist tighter. Suddenly, more figures appear out of the vortex."Is this like the entrance exam where the lesson's already started?" Kirishima asks Aizawa.

"Don't move!" Aizawa says putting on his goggles."Those are villains." My whole body freezes. I let go of Todoroki's wrist and stand there, frozen. Just this morning, you were running down the street with Todoroki, but now? Now you were face-to-face with villains.