Chapter 3: Quirk Test

I walk out of the locker room and join the group of students on the field. The teacher, Mr. Aizawa was standing waiting for us. I noticed that the red and white haired boy was standing away from the crowd so I took this as my opportunity to finally thank him.

I walk up to him and give him a small smile."Thank you for helping me with that guy back in the classroom, I appreciate it." I quickly bow and walk away. I sigh as I walk back over to Bakugo."What was that about?" He raised his eyebrows slightly. I was still a little angry with him, because of what he said about Izuku earlier so I just ignored him. He scoffs and walks away.

"Hey! y/n!" I turn and see the boy with messy green hair running over to me with a girl with short brown hair and pink cheeks. Izuku is more friendly than I am so I wasn't surprised that he had already been making friends. "Hi Izuku." I say waving to him. We chatted for a few minutes when the girl spoke."Hi! I'm Uraraka Ochaco, but please call me by my first name!" She sticks her hand out for me to shake and I shake it quickly. I still feel pretty bad for what I did to Ida and I didn't want to make her feel bad. "l/n y/n. Nice to meet you, but I should be going now it looks like Aizawa is about to begin." I quickly bow and walk away from the group of students.

"Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt her feelings?" Uraraka asked the green haired boy by her."No, y/n is a pretty reserved person she doesn't like talking to people too much." Izuku scratched the back of his head." I'm surprised she even introduced herself, she doesn't usually like making friends or talking to much. Her only true friends are Kachan and I."

I stood there waiting for the Aizawa to speak when I felt a presence by me. I look to see who it was and see the red and white haired boy from class. He turns his head to me and says,"You shouldn't have to thank me for helping you out, it was no problem really." He sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose."I shouldn't even have to help you with that kind of situation. That boy should know better than to talk to a girl like that." And with that he turns and walks to the group of kids.

"Wait!" I call out surprised at my own words. I think that I startled him because he flinched. He turned around and hummed in reply.''Um, what's your name?" What was I even doing? This is just embarrassing at this point. "Shoto Todoroki...what about you. What's your name." He said it as more of a statement or command than a question, his expressionless face not changing one bit as he spoke.''I'm y/n l/n, nice to meet you." He gave me a nod and continued walking back to the group.

Mr. Aizawa explained that we would be doing a series of tests to see our strengths and weaknesses of our quirks, and that the person with the worse score would be expelled. The first one was a speed test, which we would do in pairs. I got paired up with a boy with yellow hair, a black stripe that looked like a lighting bolt on it. We walked up to the starting line and quickly stretched. "Hey cutie, just know that I won't be going easy on you now." The boy winked at you. Letting out a sigh you continued stretching your legs and arms. "You're really gonna ignore me? That's fine you'll come around eventually." He stated, returning to stretching. Who does this guy think he is? We got into position and waited for Aizawa's mark.''Ready...GO!" I focused on moving all my energy into my legs.

I then began running as quickly as I could and stretched my legs out as far as they could go. Sure, it was a little extra to be going at full speed but I wanted to show that guy to not underestimate me. "l/n y/n, 3.45 seconds." I dusted off my pants and walked out of the way for the next group to go. I grabbed a pack of gum from my pocket and chewed on a piece. The taste of vanilla and metal filled my mouth. "y/n, spit that gum out right now. You need to take this ser-" Ida tried to say but I flashed him the pack and he nodded and walked away.

The gum I was chewing was made for people with my quirk specifically, as it drains a lot of energy out of the body. I don't really know how it works but it basically just restores energy to the human body. I don't usually use too much of it but I went all out on the test so I thought it'd help me for the rest of the day.