Chapter 8 - Wolfish

The next day it was saturday, or at least I think it was, because it felt the same as it had felt yesterday, except for the fact that there was a lot of noise downstairs that woke me up. Jeremy and dad was probably causing the noise since they would be home today too.

I slowly got up from the bed and put on some sweatpants. I usualy slept in a t-shirt and my underwear, I don't get how people can sleep with pants on?

Even though the noise sounded a lot from my room the kitchen was almost empty, except for dad. He was sitting at the counter eating some scrambled eggs and drinking coffe.

"Mornin'. How you holding up?" He asked me when he saw me in the doorframe. I thought for a while and tried to feel how my body felt, if I was as miserable as yesterday. Surprisingly it felt better than the day before, at least I felt less sad. There was still this wierd feeling that something was missing though, I didn't understand what that was.

"It's a bit better, dad."

He smiled and motioned for me to grab some of the eggs that were still left in the pan. My phone buzzed in my pocked before I could grab a plate, so I checked it.

Mica<3

Hey

Dad and mom is forcing me on this family trip thingy so I don't think that I can be with you today, sorry. Eat some chocolate och call me if it becomes too much! It will be fine<3  Is that okay?

The fact that she was so kind and cared for me so much made my heart warm and I quickly answered her that it was fine. I grabbed the food and sat down opposite of dad. It was a nice morning, the sun shown into the kitchenwindow and there were bird singing outside. 

"So, you have boy trouble?" Dad asked me and a small blush crept up my face. I usually didn't talk to dad about this stuff.

"Um, yeah. No one's mean or anything, it just... a big mess."

"I get it. I mean not to say that I was the bigges player in highschool, but I had some girls, including your mom" He raised his eyebros at that and I made a face. Eww, I don't want to hear about him and mom! You never want to hear about your parents in love. " and those girls that I had, they liked to cause some trouble sometimes."

"I promise you Liam, it will get easier. But there's one thing that you have to do, you've got to talk to that miserable lump outside, if he continues to sit there he will create a permanent mark on the lawn. Plus, he is desperate enough to sit here for almost two days so he must have something important to say."

"Mmm..." Was the only thing I managed to get out while staring down at the table.

"Hey, it will be fine. I tried to talk to him and... he mentioned that you two are mates."

I looked up to meet dads eyes and he looked sympathetic and a bit pityful. I didn't say anthing, I didn't want to talk to Erik yet but I knew it had to come and besides, I was not going to make him sit out there another night.

"I will talk to him, dad." I said quietly and he gave up trying to get something else out of me. It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to dad, I just had a hard time expressing my feelings sometimes.

When we were done with the food dad stood up to wash the dishes and I was just walking out of the kitchen when dad called after me again.

"Hey, you are not going up there again to sulk in your loneliness again. Go for a run or something, at least."