10 - Hurting

Hurting was what I was doing.

Everywhere, in my chest, head, arms, even in my toes. Being away from my mate was seriously horrible. The night had passed with barely any sleep, because as soon as I thought that I was asleep I jolted awake again. I was back at thinking that this mate thing was bullshit.

A morning in agony passed before I got to see my newly found addiction again. Erik was standing on the school parking lot when me and Jeremy arrived in the car. I almost threw myself out of the front seat just to get caught in his arms, it felt like a lousy Disney-movie reunion, but that mattered less at the moment.

"Hi." I said breathlessly in his ear. Finally near him again, I could breathe normally and I didn't feel suffocated anymore.

Erik leaned back to look me in the eyes and answered my greeting with one of his own. I saw it in his eyes, that he had been hurting throughout the separation too. That sucked, but at least I knew that he feel the strength of this as much as I did. Annoyingly, my brother decided to interrupt out moment just then, by pushing my bag, that I had left in the car, on Eric's arm.

"Bye, bye lovebirds. See you at lunch!" He said while walking away flingin an arm over his shoulder in a lousy gesture.

I guess he didn't want to spend much time with Erik now that all his focus was on me anyways. I hoped Jeremy was fine with me stealing Erik for a while, but I was also kind of my revenge since it was actually Jeremy who had pushed me into this from the start. Although, after this I knew that I would be done and had fully forgiven him. It had been for a good cause anyways.

----

Splitting up for class was really hard. I knew it was necessary though, but it felt so dumb to do it just because I had to learn. I mean who the hell needed to know chemistry anyways? Apparently Mica and I did, something she would not give up on any time today, so I obediently agreed to come with her. It was still hard letting go of Erik though, especially since my body now knew how much it hurt not to have him near.

As we stood outside his classroom that started to fill up with morning-tried students, I have to admit that we must have looked pretty pathetic. I almost couldn't let go of his stare, nor his hands, until Mica grabbed my shoulders and pulled me away.

"Come on now! You will meet him at lunch again!" She also added some mumbling on the end, which could very well have been a row of insults aimed at me, although I didn't focus on her.

Being away from Erik seemed to clear my head up a bit, it seemed. I could at least focus on Mica while we were chatting away on our english lesson. Apparently some hot guy had moved in next door to Mica and she was utterly blissful about the whole thing. His name was something I unfortunately, or not, didn't catch in her quick rambling. She often did this, she would see some guy in the next door's house or on the supermarket or in school and she would go all batshit crazy over them. Sometime it actually went as far as Mica believed that she was in love with that guy. This, of course, ended up in her heart breaking in many, small pieces when the not-knowing love of Mica's life started dating someone else.

The sad thing was that normally I was the one who were on the other side ad who got to pick up the pieces of her heart and try to puzzle them together again, which never was a fun job. The best thing that could ever happen to Mica was therefore that she could get a stable and loving boyfriend who would stay with her and support her and never break her heart. Those were not easily found, it had proven.

----

Mica's chattering had quieted down later as we arrived to the cafetera for lunch. We had grabbed lunch as usual, but when we were to sit down Mica started walking to our old table, where we usually sat. I instead walked towards the table where Erik and three of his friends sat. We both stopped at the same time, looking at each other in question.