Chapter 7 - Hell

This was nice. Or not nice, nothing is nice when the love of your life just literally fell in love at first sight with another person, plus the fact that you found out that the person that you are destined to be with is your loverinterest's brother. But the nice part was hugging my mother. She was so warm and soft and she didn't care how many tears of mine soaked her shirt. She had helped me breathe through my panic attack and when dad had come to see what it was he also sat down next to me. He had started to walk to the door to see who was outside calling my name, but I stopped him before he could unlock it.

After trying to explain what had happened through my hickups and tears mom helped me to bed and I fell asleep immediately, despite of the chaos in my head. I could bet my pocketmoney, which weren't much, that my parents hadn't understood one word that I said to them last night. When I woke up again mom and dad were sitting  on my bed.

"Honey, we would like to talk to you", mom said with her kind voice.

I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and tried to puzzle the parts of yesterday togeher in my head, since I had just woken up I was a bit confused. Then realization dawned on me and the misery returned, I groaned and tried to pull the cover over my head to hide a bit longer, but it was stuck under dad.

"Liam, we need to know what is wrong, you came home yesterday and had this huge breakdown and were really upset. Plus, Erik is sitting outside looking almost as broken down as you are. What is happening?" My dad was calm and looked sympathetic enough.

"I...It was so much, first Mike and then it all with Erik and I just... I couldn't take it!" I had a raspy morning voice and was just trying to get a sentence together, but my head wasn't cooperating.

"I'm afraid we're not following..." mom said, sounding puzzled and looking over at dad for advice.

Suddenly a huge cloud of sadness hit me and I started weeping as a madman. Tears wouldn't stop flooding out of my eyes and I couldn't stop them, not even when I sat up to brush them away. Mom pulled me in for a hug and held me until some of the crying had stopped. God, how are mothers so loveable? 

"Go ask Erik, maybe he can explain", I heard mom say to dad and I felt his weight lift from the bed as he left.

"Erik is still here?" I asked her, confused.

"Yes, he absolutely didn't want to leave last night and we have no idea why. I have called you in sick from school today, I figured that you would not have the energy to go today." I mustered up the energy to nod as an answer.

"And we will talk about all of this when you're feeling up for it." I nodded again and squeezed her in one last, weak hug before climbing down between the pillows again. 

Mom left to go to her home office and dad was still downstairs, probably talking to Erik. Erik. My mate. My head refused to process it, it was bizarre, Erik who was almost like an older brother to me, who was a badboy, who had tattoos and piercing and were my brothers' best friend. It was really to much for me, so I decided to push it away just for a while, so that I wouldn't have to think about it right now.

Even though crying was the most exausting thing that you can do I couldn't go back to sleep, because my head had started spinning of thoughts. The thought of Mike being with another person.. his mate... It made me nauseous and a single tear ran down my cheek and made a little dark spot on my pillow.

                                                                   *--*--*

Around ten oclock Mica called me. I had been lying in my bed all day, feeling tragic.

"Where the hell are you?!" That was her opening line to our pleasant conversation.

"In hell." At least that was what it felt like.

"What, for real? Argh, you're supposed to call me for that stuff! I'll be there in ten." Then she ended the call and I looked, baffled down on the phone in my hand. Mica could be like that sometimes. Besides, she would use every reason she could to skip school, even though she would never say it.

Like she said, she arrived ten minutes after our call and came up to my room.

"Hello, you miserable sufferer."

I gathered strength enough to get up and hug her. She felt like a rock to lean on, like she could support me forever. 

"Hey, you. You tell me right now everything that has happened, no bullshit."

I leaned away from her and looked her in the eyes, she was really determined. I guessed I couldn't push on it anymore. I told her everything that had happened since yesterday when I got in the car with Mike, Jeremy and Erik. I held back a bit about being mated to Erik, since I hadn't really dealt with that myself yet.

"Wow. That's a lot", was her only answer afterwards. 

"Yeah."

"So now the person that you have dreamt about being with for your whole life is in love with someone else for all eternity, and you are the mate thingy to your brothers best friend?"

I nodded slowly to confirm it.

"That's messed up!"

"Now you understand why I'm miserable."

"Awww, honey! You know what will make this better? Ice cream and Friends."

She slung an arm over my shoulders and we made our way down the stairs. I got cosy betwwen the pillows in the sofa when she looked through the freezer for the ice cream. She acted like she was living here, which was totally reasonable since she had spent a LOT of her time here when we were growing up, so she basically knew my home better than I did.

She came into the livningroom with two bowls filled to the brim with chocolate ice cream a while later and gave one to me. The chocolate helped me and immediately lit up my mood. Watching Friends while cuddeling with Mica was definetely the best thing that you could do, but I had an itching feeling in my chest that something was missing. I had never felt that feeling before and it made me a bit uncomfortable and confused. It was like something was pulling in my chest. 

Like I missed something.

I shrugged it off and licked some ice cream of my spoon. 

We sat there until lunch and mom came out of her office. She wasn't surprised to see Mica here and went to get some food and then returned to her room after laying a warm hand on my cheek and asking how I felt. 

                                                                            *--*--*

Unfortunately, Mica had to leave to go home to her own family for dinner. I hugged her really hard and she promised me that everything would be fine when she left. She was the best friend you could have.

Later that night Jeremy came home and he was acting kind of wierd. He didn't say his usual 'hey dork' or 'sup nerd' or something like that to me when he came home. He actually didn't say anything to me, he didn't even look me in the eyes throughout the whole night. Wierd.

I went to bed feeling sad and a bit confused that night. Everything was turned upside down and Jeremy didn't even act the same anymore? I didn't cry any more though, that has to be counted as something. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I'm sorry that this chapter took some time and also that it was pretty short, but school is absolutely killing me right now and I try as hard as I can ':/

The next chapter will be longer anyway so that will be nice :D