Chapter 5 - New plans

The morning after that I woke up well rested and in time and mom and dad were still asleep when I got down to the kitchen. It was so calm and nice in the house, except for Jeremy, of course. He flew around in the house trying to collect his stuff and forgetting half of them. When he was about to run past me I put an arm in his path and said determined;

"I'm going with you today."

"What? Ugh, fine! But you can't be late so that I'll have to wait for you."

I internally whooped for myself and then went to get breakfast.

                                                                                         *--*--*

A while later Jeremy and I arrived at his friend's house and the three big buffalos attacked the backseat as usual, only this time George wasn't as chatty as before, he didn't even say hello. When i looked back at him he didn't even meet my gaze and that was when I saw it. He had a huge purple bruise on the left half of his face.

"Oh my god! What happened, George?" I didn't even get embarassed by my own outburst, I felt so bad for him.

"What? The bruise? Oh, um, I fell..."

"You fell on your face? Is that even possible?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty clumsy."

He was so short in his answers I figured that he didn't want to talk. Fell on his face? Is that possible? Regardless of how that happened I felt bad for him and still wondered why he wasn't acting like himself. First Erik and now George, what was happening to people?

We arrived at school a bit later and I quickly went to find Mica and the others went to their classes. Mica was sitting outside our history classrooom and was playing on her phone, she looked very concentrated and didn't notice me until I sat down next to her.

"Hi."

"You're coming to my house after school."

"Okay, sure." I was surprised by her frankness, but she normally acted like this so I wasn't too affected.

The bell rang and we went into the classroom.

                                                                                   *--*--*

After a long day with tests and hard classes and some drooling over Mike, Mica and I walked home to her house. We chatted about different boyfriend prospects for her and she was determined to get a good one in the near future. I told her about what had happened on the pack meeting and she didn't care too much since it didn't affect her much.

When we got to her house we grabbed some stuff to eat and went to her room. From there it was basically me eating crackers while she showed me the clothes that she had bought.

"That one's nice."

"Really? I don't think I like it", she answered while turning and twisting in the mirror. 

"What, it's really pretty!" The shirt was a pretty basic, normal pink hoodie.

Mica turned around looked right at me and I knew something I wasn't going to like was coming. I could see it in her eyes, the mischief was shining there.

"You try it."

"What, no. That's a girl shirt." I couldn't try that, it was pink and... and it wouldn't fit me.

"Cool, so now the middleschool in coming back, girls this and boys that. That's bullshit you know. It it just a shirt, try it!"

"Wha- Fine!"

I grabbed the hoodie and lifted it up over her shoulders and then put it on myself. When I had gotten it on I turned around and saw myself in the mirror. It was actually very pretty, like really, really pretty on me. It felt so good a smile lit up my face. 

"Wow, that's the prettiest thing you have worn, please do take offense. You are soooo going home with that! That's my early birthdaypresent for you."

"No, Mica, this is your shirt, I can't have this. Besides, when would I ever wear it?"

"Not relevant! This is your shirt now, you wear it whenever you want."

She was apparently already set on it and it was hard to win an argument with her when she got going, so i accepted it and left the hoodie on.

                                                                                  *--*--*

I went home a bit after hanging with Mica and arrived just when the dinner was ready, so I went into the kitchen and sat down. I had taken of the hoodie on the way home and put it in my backpack so that noone would see it. Mom and dad were there and Jeremy came down the stairs when dad called for him.

"So, boys, how's school been today?" 

"Fine." Jeremy usually didn't elaborate so much to our parents. 

"It was good. I had my physics test today and it went good, i think." I answered.

"How nice, how was the test?"

"It wasn't too hard, it was mainly the things I had practised on."

Mom and dad was pretty interested in my and Jeremys schoolwork, which could be annoying sometimes, but it was better than if they wouldn't care. Me and dad often discussed different physic theories and other school stuff, since he was a teacher in the natural siences on another school and we both thought it was pretty interesting.

"Jeremy, how is Erik now that he has come back?" Mom asked Jeremy curiously. 

"Uh, he's fine. Although he has been acting kind of wierd these last days, since his first day back in school."

"Really? In what way?"

"He's been like... distant and not answering to questions and stuff."

"I've noticed that too! He was acting pretty wierd on the gathering yesterday, right", I asked him. 

"Yeah, but I think that it will be fine, we're going to the mall tomorrow after school, by the way." He added in the end. 

"Oh, how nice, then you can bring Liam too", mom suggested for him. 

"Yes! Please let me come Jem!" I shouted out flinging myself on his arm. That would be awesome, to come with him and Erik, and probably Mike too.

"Get of me Liam! Okay, sure you can come too!" He told he harsly but I didn't care, I got to hang out with Mike, maybe I would even gain the confidence to ask him out. That would be a first.

The rest of the dinner I was super happy about it all. Sure, I was 17 but I was basically and (kind of) secretly in love with Mike and it was a big deal to me. After the dinner I went to do some super boring french homework and then I crashlanded in bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! I hope you liked this :)

Please write if you see any spelling mistakes <3

It will be a bigger plot twist soon, you just wait ;)