Chapter 3 - Erik Parrish

After my two morning classes I had found Mica in a study room close to the cafeteria. She had been listening to Back to Black and singing along with it really loud. Good thing the study room was empty, I thought to myself and blushed a little. It wasn't that I was ashamed of my friend, I just got embarassed pretty easily and Mica knew that. Mica was a bit goth, I mean she listened to Amy Winehouse, wore pretty heavy and dark makeup and dressed amazing and I loved her gothic side. She was just so cool and confident, sometimes I would get a bit jealous of that, but then I remembered that she also had her soft sides.

"Hey, should we head to lunch", I asked her after her amazing solo performance.

"Sure, then we'll maybe get to see the newcomer", she said while winking at me. I rolled my eyes, like I would care for Erik Parrish. I had grown up around him, I practically knew him as my older brother. Mica though? I suppose she could like him.

"Yeah, sure. Let's go."

                                                                                         *---*---*

When we arrived at lunch there was a lot of fuss in the middle of the cafeteria. There were around 20 people standing around one of the tables and I could see Jeremy standing in the middle of the fuss, his head sticking up a bit since he was so freaking tall (185cm!). Because Jeremy was there I supposed that was were Erik Parrish was too.

Suddenly one of the people in the group moved and provided me with the sight of the object everyone was talking about. There sat Erik Parrish on the table, having his head turned to the side, talking to somebody. Somehow he must have felt my stare, because his head turned after a second, his gaze landing on me. When our gazes met time seemed to have frozen, Erik's eyes grew first surprised then intense and I could almost swear that I saw him mouthing something, maybe a word, with his lips.

I was first surprised and then captured by Erik's hard stare and his dark brown eyes, I felt like I could gaze into them forever.

Something grabbed my elbow and shaked it a little.

"Hey! Earth to Liam!" It was Mica who had tried to shake me out of my frozen state, it worked and I broke mine and Erik's stare. I looked at her expectantly, what did she want?

"You have been staring for like five minutes now, what is it?"

"Ummhh, Eieh..." I trailed of not able to form an explanation. I was very shocked from the stare that I had shared with Erik, not knowing why it was so wierd and why I felt someting I had never felt in my body. My body felt all fluffy and squishy inside.

"Uh, it was nothing, just one of those stares that you get when you're tired." I lied to her because I wanted to figure out what it was before I told her anything. Like, I didn't even know what that was, and why did that feeling appear when I looked at Erik? Weird.

Mica probably knew that i was lying, because I suck at lying, but she didn't force me to tell because she was the best friend that you can have. She just sighed dramatically and dragged me over to where we would get our food and pushed a tray into my hands. I followed the line and got some lasanga and a soda. Although, I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing, because I felt a stare in my neck all the time.

When Mica and I had gotted our food we turned to the table area and tried to find a seat, which was pretty easy, considering the fact that is seemed like everyone was standing around the table in the middle. I hadn't dared to look that way yet, afraid that I would meet Erik's gaze again and since the feeling of him staring hadn't decreased the least, I still felt weird inside.

We found a table in the corner of the cafeteria and sat down. Mica tried to talk to me but soon gave up cause I didn't focus on her. I was honestly sorry for not listening to her, but I just couldn't focus when I still felt that burning stare all over my body. I wondered why Erik was still staring at me, like, I hadn't done anything wrong, right? Suddenly I grew anxious, maybe he was mad at me for something? That would be very wierd though, considering that he has been here for about three days and this was the first day that he met me again.

I continued eating, or rather picking at my food with my fork because I had lost my appetite, and when Mica was done we went out of the cafeteria. She tried to get my opinion of Erik, but couldn't get much out of me, so then she just gave up asking me about stuff and letting me think alone, while rambling on about how much Erik Parrish had changed.

In my opinion he actually hadn't changed a bit. For the few minutes that I looked at him, the only difference I could see was that he had a few new tattoos. 

Erik Parrish was actually a very nice looking young man, that must be why he had gotten all the girls throughout his time spent in school. He was around as tall as Jeremy, 185cm, and had honeybrown hair. His body was built alike Jeremys too, but he was just a bit more muscular, since he was an alpha. After that point his similarities with Jeremy stopped because when he was around 16 Erik had started to get tattoos and piercings. That was something my older brother had begged mom and dad to get to do too, but they had almost scolded him for even thinking the thought. 

So that left Erik with a small iron bead on his right side of the nose and multiple, small silver rings in his left ear. Beyond that he had many tattoos on his body, one big and prominent one that went from his waist, down his arm and up again to point up his neck. I knew it was that big because it was one of the first tattoos that he had gotten and I had seen it when he, Jeremy, Mike and I was cliffdiving long ago (or rather just swimming for me).

When I thought about it, my similarities with Jeremy, my own brother, weren't that many either. We had completely different heights, his haircolour was almost black, while mine was more blondish, and I had jadegreen eyes, while he had bluegrey eyes. That's pretty wierd.

I was in deep thought the rest of the day, fortunately I didn't meet Erik again and didn't have to worry about him staring so intensely at me again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! So, this chapter was a bit shorter than the others, but the next on is going to be longer so that will be fine, I think :)

Also again, if you see any spelling mistakes or other stuff it would be nice if you pointed that out so that I could change those <3