Chapter 2 - Trouble

I heard something faintly in the back of my head. I groggily opened my sleepy eyes and couldn't see where the noise was coming from. When I became more awake though, I registered it as the sound of my alarm. Shit! I was late, my alarm clock was programmed to sound more the longer it had been beeping and I can assure you, that was a loud sound.

I sprang up from my bed, my clothes in my hand, after getting the intense beeping to stop. My heart pumped in my ears when I reached the kitchen, halfway through putting on my trousers.

"Oh, good morning darl-"

"I'm late", I half screamed at my dad who had just woken up and looked annoyingly lively and refreshed while drinking his cup of coffe. 

"Oh, jesus! Calm down boy. Oh no, it looks like your brother just left, I can call him back if you want?"

"Uh, no that's fine, is the bike in the garage or outside", i asked him while pushing a sandwich into my mouth. Damn my brother! It was so typical of him to just leave without me just because I was late! 

"I think it is outside, you can still make it in time if you go now 'cause the clock's only 07.42."

"Yep, thanks dad." I didn't have time to brush my teeth, just splash some water on my face, and my hair was litteraly messier than a birds nest, so you could probably tell that it wasn't one of my prettiest days, but I just shrugged to myself after two second in the mirror. Who cares if i look good, I'm late as fucking hell. I grabbed my bag and my jacket and got out with a small goodbye to dad, mom was still asleep.

It was a pretty cold morning and there were drops of water in the grass, which made my sneakers become wet in to the socks. God, I hate getting my socks wet! I silently swore as I swinged myself over dads old bike (there's a reason thet I dont ride this bike to shool) and rolled out on the road.

After 12 minutes I arrived at the school, red nose and cold fingers. It wasn't so wierd that it was cold, the summer was over since long ago and autumn had been sneaking it's way to Greenile and there was no denying it now. I put the bike in one of the holders in front of the school, not bothering to lock it put, that old thing wasn't worth anything.

I ran into the school, the halls already emptied of all students who were in their classrooms. My lone footsteps echoed in the halls as i ran up the stairs, not bothering to put my jacket in my locker. When I reached  Mr. Coles, the englishteacher's, classroom I slowed down to catch my breath for two seconds and then opened the door. 

"Liam, you finally decided to join us! Any particular reason for this uh... ten minutes absence", he asked while peering down at his wristwatch.

"Uhm, sorry Mr. Cole, uh traffic", I managed to mumble with a blush, trying to ignore the curious stares from the other students.

"Okay, well then. Go take your seat."

I quickly scrambled to the back where Mica sat waiting impatiently on the edge of her seat. I grabbed my seat next to her, took out my notes and a pen and started to fill in what I had missed, even though I could see thet she wanted to tell me something. After a while there was a piece of paper lying in the middle of my desk and it came from Micas direction. I ignored it, wanting to know what it was, but Mr. Cole was one of the teaches who acctually went through with their threats and I didn't want to get scolded two times on one lesson.

After a while Mika threw another note, though and this time my curiousity got the best of me and I opened it.

Why were yo

Have you heard the news?