Chapter 4 - The Pack

When the school ended that day I called mom as soon as I got out of the building nad she picked up after one tone.

"What?!" I flinched away from the phone because of how loud her voice was. I heard some kitchenware scramble in the background.

"Hi mom, I was just wondering if the pack has announced someting about Erik Parrish coming back?"

"Yes they have, there is going to be a big gathering tonight and Marla just told me about it, so now dad and I have to make very much food in very little time." She sounded really stressed about the late news. Marla was the luna of the pack and she and mom was good friends, they usually planned the big gatherings together. Mom and dad also was the usual food providers, since everyone had to help in some way in a pack and they were of lower rank than many others (which was just an old tradition). Mom was also the best cook that I had ever met so it wasn't suprisning that they would chose her.

"Oh, i'm sorry about that, I can help you when I get home. If I get home", I mumbled that last part because I had just walked to the parkinglot and could see the end of our car disappear around the corner. Shit! I was hoping that i could catch a ride with Jeremy back home at least. A bit of anger bolied up in my chest at that, why was he acting like such a douchebag sometimes?!

"Sorry, I need to go, honey. I'll see you back here", mom ended the call.

The bike was still at the entrance of the school but when I grabbed it to ride home I saw that the tires were flat, something I hadn't noticed in my rush this morning.

So it was walking then.

                                                                                *---*---*

When I arrived home it was surprisingly quiet and peaceful. Jeremy and mom and dad must already be at the packhouse then. I threw my bag on the bench in the hall and then made my way to the kitchen. There was a yellow post-it note on the counter, smudged in some kind of red saunce, probably moms chilisause. The note read;

Dad and I have went to the packhouse, come there when you've eaten something.                                                                                         

Great, now I had to walk to the packhouse too. I sighed, threw the note in the garbage can and opened the fridge in search for some kind of snack. I couldn't decide what to eat so I just stood there looking inside the fridge untill it started beeping from being opened for too long. Then I took out some milk, deciding to make some cereal. Real Master Chef.

I ate my cereal in peace in the kitchen, my head hurting a bit because of all the noices that I had heard in school. Why were teenagers so loud sometimes? I was tired and a bit cold, but I shrugged on a hoodie after finishing my cereal and headed to the packhouse, preparing myself for an evening of helping in the kitchen. 

It wasn't wierd that I wolud help with the food at such gatherings. My family was in charge of the food and it was tradition for me to help, besides I liked it. Our pack wasn't a bad one where the bigger wolfes treated the Omegas bad or the omegas had certain things to help with. Our pack treated everyone the same, which was one of the reasons that it was such a good pack to be in. It was the same way with the lunas and the alphas, the lunas was given the same power to change and to make decisions as the alphas. The luna was trusted because he or she had been chosen by the Moon Godess, and the Godess was never wrong.

The street was cold under my thin sneakers and it was already becoming darker. I hurried my steps a little because I didn't want to be out here alone when it became dark. Even though I'm a werewolf myself I was pretty scared of the dark, which was just stupid.