Chapter 14 - Snow white

Snowflakes were silently making their way towards the ground, holding a promise of a white winter for the first time since I could remember. The trees had lost all of their leaves, leaving only bare and lonely trunks in the forests around Greenile.

Satisfaction warmed my chest when I thought about this being the first christmas that Erik and I spent together. We were at home and he was putting up different christmas decorations at the moment. Mica had come over too, so it was my whole family helping with the christmas stuff.

Dad suddenly jumped up on the sofa and sang the chorus of the song that were playing really loud and not even a single note was right, but it was still nice to hear. His song made me burst out in joyous laughter while trying to put up a light in the shape of a star in the window, but I ended up rumpeling the edge.

School was still going at an annoyingly fast pace, preventing any student from relaxing and getting into christmas-mode, but I had managed somewhat fine with the last tests, so I wasn't too worried. Erik had it a little harder since he was older than me and had harder classes, but he handled it with a moderately calm demeanor. I had been able to help him with his math classes, since I had taken classes before my own grade took them.

One weekend he had to be out of town to do some meetup with another pack together with his parents, so I spent the saturday night with Jeremy. He was going to the local tivoli together with some of his friends and checked if I wanted to come with, so I thought 'Why not?' and joined him.

I was already dark when we arrived at the gates of the tivoli, but the light from every little lamp that covered the whole place lit up the sky well enough. There had to be at least a million lights on the whole scene, literally everything was covered in lamps and it was so beautiful. The thin smoke from my breath clouded the air as Jeremy and I stood in front of the tivoli, waiting for his friends to arrive.

After a while three of them came from a car parked near the gates. Two of them were two girls I had never seen before and the third was a tall guy. I couldn't quite make out who if was before the company neared us, and it was.. George!

"Hi, George!" I said with glad voice, I didn't know that he was going to be here so it was a happy surprise.

He eyes found mine and he smiled at me.

"Hello, I didn't know that you were going to be here?" He answered my greeting.

He bent down to give me a half-hug and looked enthusiastic that I was here.

"No, I didn't really have any other plans, so I decided to tag along Jem."

"That's great!"

The other two girls introduced themselves as Felicity and Theresa. They were both very friendly, although Theresa certainly was more interested in talking to Jeremy than making conversation with me. I quietly wondered how Jeremy met such nice girls as we all walked down the main street of the lit up tivoli.

Jeremy and both of the girls were very excited about the different rides and really wanted to try out everything, while I stood with both feet on the ground the whole time of being there. I wasn't there for the carousels, but for the beautiful decorations and the hot chocolate.

George stayed behind the rest of the group together with me, even though I told him many times to join them, he obviously seemed like the person to enjoy such things, but he insisted. He bought us both a cup of the warm drink that I held dear and we made our way over towards a cold bench under some pretty arches filled with lamps.

"So how do you know those two girls?" The thought came to my mind as I had never seen him with them before.

"Theresa takes the same classes as me and Jeremy and Felicity is her friend from another town. Jeremy is quite lucky, I mean, you can basically see as the air sparkles between him and Theresa."