Chapter 2: First Day

AN: Please enjoy this new chapter and please remember I only own Camille, Cameron, and their parents. The song on the side is a bit how I imagine Camille feels sometimes and I apologize in advance if you aren't into that type of music (please disregard it if you don't). For those asking, the song is The Other Side by New Years Day. Feedback would be ideal, but don't feel obligated to do so. Happy reading :D

---------------------------

The sun shone through the window, cascading across the beige carpet to shine on the figure wrapped in thick blankets. A hoarse groan filled the room as the petite body curled up and covered her head to shield her eyes. Camille wanted to sleep longer and was not about to let the sun trying to break through her dark room ruin that in any way.

Just as she was drifting back off, a knock sounded at the door. If she ignored it she thought it would go away. Not that she would have answered to let someone in anyway, but it turns out she did not need to.

"Miss Camille? It's time to get up. You must get ready for school." Her maid called through the door before opening it to walk over to the bed. "I have your uniform ready for you and your bath is already drawn. If you wait too long it will grow cold and you won't have time for breakfast."

Camille wanted nothing more than to start throwing stuff at the maid to get her to leave, but she did the next best thing that she could think of. She flipped the blankets back and sat up at the same time. Her eyes opened to fixate a death glare upon the startled maid.

The sound of retreating footsteps caused her to give a cold smirk before she ran her small hands through her tangled hair. At the end of the bed was a bright yellow monstrosity that she assumed was her school uniform. It was enough for make her cringe.

Throwing off the blankets that covered the lower half of her slender body, she stood up and left her room to go down the hall to the bathroom. Steam bombarded her senses as she opened the door and stepped inside, the warmth of the room making her feel the beginnings of sweat coming on.

She slipped into the water after undressing, welcoming the heat that enveloped her body. The warm water was enough to wake her up as she washed her long hair and skin. The urge to hum suddenly overtook her and it caused her to pull the plug sharply so she could get out to dry off.

Hurrying through brushing her teeth and hair, Camille mentally broke herself down as she did every time something made her want to be happy like she had been months ago. There was no reason to be happy about anything anymore because she would never see that smile she loved so much on Cameron's face again.

Light makeup was applied to her face and eyes to accentuate her features. With each pass of the makeup brush over her skin her hands became more steady. It was as though she was applying a mask to keep the world from seeing how truly broken she had become.

A light knock at the door made her jump and drop the eye shadow brush in her hand. A glare plastered on her face as she looked toward the door, clutching the fluffy towel to her body as her maid peeked in timidly. "Your breakfast is growing cold. I brought your uniform so you wouldn't grow cold on the way back to your room."

Camille's glare softened as she moved forward to take the uniform from her maid. Her hands gripped the fabric as her maid placed it in her hands and shut the door so that the cold air would cease seeping in.

Donning the hideous uniform, she flinshed as her eyes connected with the mirror on the back of the door. She hastily wiped the remaining condensation off so that she could stare at her full reflection. I look like a bloody banana!, she thought before flipping off the light and rushing off to the dining room to pick at her food until she had to leave.