Chapter 25: The Broken Type

The halls were full of murmuring the entire day. Even lunch was full of looks of a different variety. Glares, curious glances, and confusion were all part of these looks and it made Camille all the more like she was being put under a microscope. Some people had greeted her upon seeing her, remembering when she had been there before. Others had simply turned their noses to the air and sauntered off like the stuck up imbeciles that they were.

Many of the glares had come from girls that were fond of Kyoya. They were not happy that she was even breathing the same air as their favorite host, let alone following him around. Part of her said that it was nothing new, but the other part of her knew it was an intense hatred they held because the fact that a few people were spreading around that they were officially engaged. Nobody had been informed of the arrangement yet and it made it all the more suspicious that people were speaking about it. Who had said something?

The petite redhead found herself following Kyoya toward the club room at the end of the day. He was silent beside her and seemed oblivious to the whispers all around them. He had been that way all day, but had made it a point to try and comfort her discreetly a few times once he saw that it was making her uncomfortable. At least he was trying, but right now he seemed to be lost in his own thoughts as they turned the corner to walk down the hallway that would lead them to music room 3.

Camille had not set foot inside this room in a very long time and she was feeling as though she was going to hyperventilate. This would be the first time she would see Haruhi, Hikaru, and Kaoru since she had arrived back in Japan. Tamaki had nearly fallen out of his seat when she walked in and walked past him upon entering the classroom. His shock was laughable and he seemed to have moved on from his feelings rather quickly. He was back to treating her like a friend once more. At lunch, she had stayed in the classroom to work on homework to catch up and that had made it to where she had missed seeing the three hosts she was about to come face-to-face with now.

"Don't forget to breathe, Camille." Kyoya chuckled beside her, snapping her out of her thoughts to look up at him. He nudged her jokingly before he turned to the door to the music room and pulled it open for her.

She nodded in thanks to him holding the door open for her and then walked in slowly, her red-brown eyes peered around before she was promptly pounced on by Honey like she had been that morning. She stumbled slightly before she righted herself before hugging him back,"Hello Honey-senpai!" She greeted with a smile before setting him down the few inches it took to get him to the ground.

Her voice acted like a magnet to the other hosts it seemed because before too long she was staring at Hikaru, Kaoru, Mori, Tamaki, and Haruhi. She stared at them all before she felt tears pricking her eyes,"Hello everyone." Her voice came out shaky and she found herself inhaling softly to try and regain her composure,"I missed all of you." They all seemed to stand still for a few moments before the twins slid their arms around her shoulders.

"We missed you too, senpai." They said in unison before placing identical evil grins upon their faces. This immediately had her on edge as she looked from one to the other.

"A little birdy told us..." Hikaru began.

"That a certain couple is together now." Kaoru finished.

Camille became red in the face before her eyes darted to the others. All of them were wearing expectant looks as if they were hanging on her next words. She then looked over at Kyoya. He was wearing a smile that surprised her and also reminded her of one that a cat might wear if it had ate a canary.

"There's no use trying to lie to them, Camille. They would have found out eventually that we're engaged. No reason to keep things from them." He said smoothly before turning away to walk toward his desk where he normally sat for club activities. Apparently they were going through with club activities before they prepared for the banquet.

"WHAT?!" The remaining hosts exclaimed in unison. If it had not scared her half to death, she would have laughed at how they sounded.

"Wait..Kyoya..You said that you guys were together...Not engaged!" Haruhi yelled in surprise, shooting her fellow host a look.

"Mommy! You've been keeping things from me again!" Tamaki wailed before retreating to a corner to grow mushrooms while Honey bounced around happily spouting off nonsense.

"Well, this is news to us." The twins shrugged before walking off to go pester Tamaki. Mori stayed silent as ever, but walked forward to offer her a slight smile while ruffling her hair before he caught Honey and carted him off to eat cake. The only ones who seemed to be freaking out were the couple that Camille had been nervous to see again.

Tamaki and Haruhi were undoubtedly still together and she had not seen Haruhi since she had left. Would things be different between the two of them because of how Tamaki had acted or would things be better now that she was no longer a threat? Part of her wanted to ask to make sure, but the other part of her was afraid of the answer she would receive.

Feeling overwhelmed by everything going on, she moved over to sit near Kyoya. She took up the spot that she had always sat in while she attended club activities with him before and pulled out her homework to begin trying to catch up. That was when she heard Tamaki jump up and run over to them.

"Kyoya! As punishment for keeping something this important from the club, I am going to do something you will object with." He proclaimed with an evil glint in his eye before turning to Camille. "From now on, you are to be a permanent fixture in the club. Since you will be here anyway, you will now become a hostess."

"Tamaki, that isn't going to work." She murmured while looking over at Kyoya. He looked pissed off and it was making her uncomfortable. "I'm already the photographer. I don't need to be a hostess and don't see the reason to be one if I already have a job. Plus, I need to catch up on my homework I missed if I want to graduate. I don't see the point."

He grinned slowly and then tilted his head at them,"The point is that I want to punish Kyoya for keeping something from us. The rest have already agreed in one way or another."

"Reluctantly! I'm sorry Camille, he talked me into it." Haruhi exclaimed from the background.

Camille stared up at Tamaki in horror as he pointed at her and declared,"From now on you will be declared an official hostess and your type shall be, The Broken Type!"

----------

AN: Before you all kill me there are reasons as to why I did this lol. All my plans will be revealed soon.

Who let it slip that they were engaged? Does Tamaki have hidden motives? How will Haruhi act toward her when it all comes down to it? Do you think Camille will be a good hostess?