Chapter 27: When You Fall

The wind blew gently through the trees above, their leaves slapping against each other and mixing with the sound of the birds chirping as they communicated with one another. It was a warm day and Camille found herself trying not to fall asleep during lunch as she waited for Kyoya to get done with whatever he was doing. He said that he would be a moment, but lunch was almost over and he had still not come back yet.

Her sigh escaped her lips slowly as a shadow covered the sun that was filtering through the tree above. Sitting up slowly, she opened her eyes and instead of being greeted with the sight of familiar shoes she saw the hems of yellow dresses paired with brown shoes. Her red-brown eyes slowly flitted their way up to the faces of three girls who had been harassing her for as long as she could remember. First it was because she was hanging out with the hosts and now it was because she was with Kyoya. 
They were not happy about it at all and liked to remind her any chance they got. Apparently now was one of those chances.

"Hey ugly. Being lazy? Seems like the only thing you're good at besides being annoying." Their leader said. She had not bothered to learn their names because it did not seem like it was worth the trouble to commit them to memory.

"Is that the best insults you can come up with? You're growing a little stale." She said in a bored tone before standing up and grabbing her bag. She smiled up at them before tilting her head,"When are you going to learn that I'm not going anywhere? You're stuck with me whether you like it or not. I'm friends with the hosts and I am with Kyoya now. I'm not going anywhere."

They stood there with wide eyes for a few moments before one snapped out of it with an evil smile,"We'll see about that. One of these days, you're going to fall and we will be there to see you hit the dirt." After those words were uttered, they turned and walked off with a chorus of giggles.

"They really should learn better insults. I'm pretty sure that their brains are the size of peas." Camille said to herself before turning to walk off before someone else could bother her. If Kyoya was too busy to eat lunch with her, she would eat alone. Having been waiting for him to return before she ate seemed like a good idea at the time, but her stomach was practically screaming at her to eat something.

The walk to the cafeteria was a quick one, her feet picking up the pace the closer she got to the smell of delicious food. Upon entering the loud room, she let her eyes scan the room for a place to sit after she had gotten her food. That is when she saw it.

Over in the far corner of the cafeteria, leaning over the table with a smile on her face was a girl with dirty blonde hair. She looked like she was in a dream-like state that Camille only saw when the hosts were 'working their magic' on the ladies who frequented. On the other side of the table was Kyoya with a pleasant look on his face. They seemed to be enjoying each other quite a bit and were even joking as their conversation progressed.

Camille felt tears burn behind her eyes as someone bumped into her shoulder as they walked in behind her and tried to pass her. Her gaze wavered to the person who had bumped into her only to see a head of dark brown hair and concerned eyes. She turned, without hearing what they were saying, and ran from the cafeteria. The blood was rushing through her ears as she ran through the halls to the stairs that would lead her toward the club room. 'Nobody should be in there now,' She thought as she ran in and slid down the door upon shutting it behind her.

Tears flowed freely down her face as she sobbed into her hands. Her head bowed forward and caused her red hair to obscure her face from the rest of the world, making her vision even darker than before due to the blocking of the light. She found herself breaking inside and this was only the beginning. The dam holding back all of her emotions broke in that moment that she had seen him with her looking happy.

Jealousy had clouded her mind at first, but insecurity had crept it's way in and blindsided her. Did he ever look that happy with her when they were together? Who was she and why was he having lunch with her instead of Camille? What was going on?

Camille was not sure how long she cried, but soon the hosts were showing up for club activities. The first to arrive had been Honey and Mori. Honey had been confused as to why she was crying because she refused to say anything to either of them. Mori ended up picking her up from her balled up position on the floor to sit her on a couch in the corner where they could sit on either side of her. Honey plopped Usa-Chan in her lap and tried to cheer her up, but it only got her sobbing harder.

Haruhi showed up next and had walked over to kneel down in front of her and place a reassuring hand on her leg. She had apparently been the one to bump into her at lunch and during the explanation of what happened, Tamaki showed up with Hikaru and Kaoru. The twins had immediately stopped picking on Tamaki as the sound of sobbing filled their ears. The three of them had joined the others in trying to console her, but she never stopped and never said anything.

The last to arrive was Kyoya and he had been confused as to why she was crying as well. He was completely oblivious and it immediately angered her. Her face shot up as he tried to ask her what was wrong, but the response he got was nothing he had ever expected. She jumped to her feet and slung one hand across his cheek before she turned away and ran out of the room. As she ran down the halls, the girls who had been teasing her before were laughing at her as she passed them.

----------

Camille found herself walking in the dark in an unknown direction hours later. Her eyes had dried long ago and she had begun to realize that she was lost. She had no idea how she was going to get home, but she knew that she was in no rush to get there. He would be there and she was not ready to face him.

How could he act as if he was not ignoring her for another girl? He had lied to her about being back for lunch with her and had looked happy with the other girl. How could he do that?!

She screamed in frustration and kicked a stick that was on the sidewalk before her phone went off. The sound of her ringtone made her pause in her little fit and the name on the screen caused her to want to chuck her phone across the street. Sending it to voicemail, the redhead looked around hopelessly before a pair of headlights blinded her.

Bringing her hand up to block the harsh lights as they hit her face, her ears were filled with the sound of a familiar voice. "Camille-senpai?"

She opened her eyes and looked at the face popping out of the car window, an identical one popping out beside it. She blinked rapidly before tilting her head,"Huh? Hikaru...Kaoru...What are you doing here?"

"We were out looking for you and we only just gave up to go home." Hikaru replied.

"All of us have been looking for you since you left." Kaoru added before opening the door for her,"Get in."

Camille took a step forward and stopped. "I'm only going with you guys if you promise you won't take me back to Kyoya." Her arms crossed as she stared at them with a stubborn expression, one hand holding her bag securely.

After a minute of discussion, the two of them nodded and motioned for her to get into the car. "You can go home with us senpai." They chorused happily before giving her identical evil smiles.

'What am I getting myself into now?' She wondered as she slid into the car with them and shut the door.