Chapter 32: Confrontation

AN: I am currently going through and editing chapters. I'm sorry if anything may pop up saying I have republished anything. There have been no changes made other than taking out other author notes and fixing mistakes. Happy reading and let me know what you think of this chapter!
----------

Camille jolted awake, the room was dark and disorientating as she tried to place where she was. It slowly sunk in before she noticed a blanket had been draped over her on the couch. Her eyes scanned the room as she tried to focus them in their half-lidded observance. Reality set in quickly after she realized she was alone in the apartment.

She had fallen asleep at some point and had a dream about Kyoya. A dream of him showing up at her door while Mori was in her living room. The very living room she was now sitting in. "That is just ridiculous. He has no idea of where I am!" She half laughed as she rubbed her eyes.

"Who doesn't know where you are?" The familiar voice ran through the dark before the light flipped on to reveal Kyoya standing in the bedroom doorway. A towel was in his hand and draped around his shoulders as he dried his wet hair. Apparently he had just gotten out of the shower.

"K-Kyoya?! What are you doing here?!" She stuttered while her voice became shrill in it's surprise.

"Please, don't yell. It's three in the morning and I don't think your neighbors will enjoy being woken up." He smiled teasingly before he came over to kneel in front of her. He stared intently at her before moving his hand up to feel the back of her head.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked as a growing blush engulfed her face. His close proximity making her mind fill with white noise as her heart fluttered in her chest.

"You fainted when you opened the door. Neither of us could catch you in time. You hit your head on the floor and I was worried you would have a lump." He explained simply before standing up to look down at her. "You should drink some water and try to eat something, you look pale."

She nodded and looked down at her hands that were clutching onto the blanket tightly. He was acting distant and purely medical in the terms he was using, dumbing down the terminology to ensure she would understand. "Where is Mori-senpai?" She asked softly.

"I sent him home after a short explanation from the both of us as to why we were here." He raised an eyebrow despite her eyes remaining downcast. "It took quite a bit of convincing to get him to leave. He has grown to be quite attached and over-protective."

Camille smirked slightly and finally looked up at him, "Is that jealousy I sense from the Shadow King? Are you afraid you have competition?" She was holding back a giggle now as she teased him.

Kyoya leaned forward swiftly and bent at the waist while roughly pushing her shoulder back. Her back hit the couch as his free hand grasped the back of it next to her other shoulder. He had her wide-eyed and caged in as he bent over her, droplets of water dripping from his hair to splatter her clothes and face. "I have no reason to be jealous of him or anyone else because I already have you. His hand traveled from her shoulder to softly touch her neck before trailing up to grip her chin lightly. "You're playing a dangerous game, Camille. First, Tamaki fell for you Then you tell me that you accidentally kissed Kaoru, something I have forgiven but have yet to punish you for. Now I finally track down my beautiful fiancé to apologize and carry out that punishment only to find her with yet another boy that was quite adamant about staying here. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Camille stared up at him in a shocked state while she tried to process what had happened while his words bounced around in her head. Slowly she began to react by clenching her fists at her sides. A glare passed over her face as she stared up at him. Through clenched teeth, the little redhead retaliated and said exactly what she was thinking. "You walked out on me after I explained everything that happened and said it was an accident. You ignored my calls and messages. You made me feel like a piece of trash that you could just throw away and I removed myself from your home because I thought you were done with me. now you are coming here to talk about punishing me further, after you already trampled all over my heart, and want to throw my faults in my face like I'm the only one to blame. What did you seriously expect me to do, Kyoya?"

"You could have stayed home instead of running from your problems again. You could have come to school and seen that I was there. I was there waiting for you to come to school and had been giving you space before we talked again. I needed to think about what happened without you around and when you didn't show up, I came looking for you." He glared right back at her as he spoke in a frustrated tone. If she had not been angry herself, she may have been a little frightened.

"I was in my room, right where you left me for days. Days, Kyoya! You could have come in at any time and talked to me. You could have avoided all of this and saved us both the agony of drawing it out." She said venomously as her eyes stung with unshed tears that she refused to set free.

There was silence between them as her words echoed through the air. A soft laugh filled that air, a genuine one that only she could witness when they were alone. He moved closer to her and she found herself shivering as goosebumps covered every inch of her skin, his hot breath escaping his lips to fan over her ear as he whispered to her. "We have both been stubborn, Cammie. Myself, more so, than you." She could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke before he moved her chin and captured her lips with his own. "Forgive me for being an idiot. I love you." He finished the request and statement with another soft kiss.

The nickname paired with the two kisses had her insides melting and her heart hammering against her chest again. If she could not feel the emotion expressed in that kiss, she may have guessed that he had an ulterior motive or that he was lying. Many people would, given the situation, but she had been with him long enough to know when he was being sincere. It still surprised her that he had even apologized or admitted that he was wrong though.

When they finally broke the kiss in order to breathe, Camille opened her eyes to look up at him with a sly smile. "So...Cammie, huh? Didn't peg you for one who gives nicknames." She giggled and toyed with the ends of his damp hair. She realized her arms had made their way around his neck at some point in that instant. "I haven't been called that since Cameron passed." She added softly.

Kyoya turned a soft shade of pink and moved to hug her to him, pulling her up from the couch and flush against him. He placed a hand on the back of her head as she rested her head on his chest. "I'm sorry. It kind of slipped out," he amended gently.

She inhaled slowly and shook her head, "It's alright. I'm starting to realize that dwelling on little things like that won't be any good for me. I should remember them and smile instead of feeling sad."

He did not say anything for a little bit before he looked up. His eyes scanned around the room and traveled over every aspect of the apartment that he could see. She had this apartment now and had just moved in. It would be a waste of her saved up money.

Camille opened her eyes and pulled back, looking around as well. "What do you think? This place reminds me of my brother. It's homey and comforting, but I'm not sure what to do now. I shouldn't have jumped into this and was stupid." Her  eyes traveled downwards to her feet again as she spoke lowly of herself once again.

He tilted her head up with his fingers as he slid them under her chin. He wore an amused expression as he shook his head, "You did what you thought was right at the time. It wasn't stupid and we could use this place until the next time the rent is due if you like. I've been meaning to get out of my father's house since the end of last year. I just didn't have a reason to until now."

Her eyes grew soft as she listened to him. He could have easily made her come home and compensate the landlord somehow, but he was allowing her to stay because of the way it made her feel. He wanted a place for the two of them even if that meant they had to live in a space smaller than they were used to. He was doing a lot of things for her and it made her realize how much he had changed from the boy she could not stand to be around to the boy who had easily become her other half.

"I love you, Kyoya." She murmured before kissing him softly.