Chapter 8: Mending Things With The Commoner

AN: This chapter was a bit fun to try and write an outline for. I had to watch the corresponding anime episode several times before I got it how I wanted it. Please enjoy the chapter!

-------------

Camille found herself  woken up from a dream about adopting a puppy, something she had always wanted to do, by her cell phone ringing on the bed next to her. She growled aloud and slapped her hand down on the phone before pulling it up to stare at the screen. Her growl intensified as she hit the green button to answer the call, putting it on speaker and laying it on her chest to keep from having to hold it up to her ear.

"This better be good Tamaki or I'm going to be very angry." She grumbled before Tamaki started rambling on about how they needed to go to Haruhi's house. She did not catch the full reason as to why they were visiting, but she agreed due to her want to connect with the younger girl. "Alright Tamaki. I'll get up and get ready." Her finger slammed down on the red button to hang up as he screeched in excitement.

I'd like to keep my eardrums intact, thank you. She mused to herself before pulling back the covers and stepping out of bed to find clothes in the closet. It took her a few moments to find a light pink tank top and black pants that would look halfway decent for a casual day out. Her hands fumbled to place a necklace around her neck that contained a single silver feather, a birthday gift from her brother several years back. Her makeup was minimal due to it being warm outside and her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail to keep it from making her feel overheated.

Her black slip-on shoes made faint noises as she walked down the stairs to leave the house, saying she would be gone for the day when asked where she was going by her maid. Her eyes adjusted to the bright sun as she shut the door, her hand adjusting the thick strap of her camera bag on her slender shoulder. Might as well take advantage of the day off to get some candid pictures.

She sat herself down on the steps outside the house, her elbows resting on her knees. Her hands cradled her face as she watched the gates for any sign that the hosts would be there to pick her up soon. "I sure hope they didn't forget me after being woken up like that." She grumbled before watching some flowers sway in the warm breeze from their clay pot at the end of the stairs she sat on.

It was another ten minutes before a set of black town cars pulled into her driveway, the door opening to show a surprisingly cheery looking Kyoya. "Come on grumpy. We are running a tad late due to Honey-senpai not wanting to wake up." He explained in his irritatingly cool voice. She shot him a glare as she stood up and got into the car next to him, placing her camera bag between them as she shut the door.

The trip from Camille's house was full of excited chatter from Honey who had decided to ride with them along with Mori. Tamaki and the twins had apparently decided to ride in the other car and she was grateful that she was not in the car with them because she would have likely strangled Tamaki for the manner he had woken her up in. That thought alone made her think that the seating arrangement must have been done by Kyoya and it caused her to look at him out of the corner of her eye. He was looking out the window at all the things that went by on their drive through the city, seeming to block out everything around him as she had chosen to do.

She turned back to the window as they pulled up to Haruhi's apartment complex, hopping out of the town cars and gathering on the sidewalk. The boys all made remarks about the complex as Camille stood there with her camera bag on her shoulder. I have a feeling this isn't going to go well. She exhaled loudly before turning around as she heard Haruhi yelling at the hosts for even being there and showing up unannounced. She stepped forward as Tamaki started talking to Haruhi's land lady and attempts to smooth things over. "Hey Haruhi. I'm sorry we showed up without saying anything. Tamaki was a bit impatient with his plans to come over and I guess he forgot to call you and see if it was okay." She shot a pointed look over at the boy in question before laughing nervously.