The Answers

A/N: UM HI I HAVE 10.5K READERSSSSS!!!!!!! I AM LITERALLY SO FREAKING ECSTATIC THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I DON'T THINK ANY OF UNDERSTAND HOW TRULY APPRECIATIVE I AM FOR ALL THE SUPPORT LIKE HONESTLY I COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE.

Bonnie

I don't want to interrupt this moment, but I've always been closest to Elena more than anyone, and I want my best friend back. No matter how bitter myself or anyone is about this moment, we have to let it go, but I know the rest don't want to. I also want Jeremy by my side, so whatever pride I had, I swallowed it. It's hard to see someone like Jeremy so sad, and he's happy and whole again. After some time of leaving them alone, I cautiously walk into the room. "Elena?" I ask while rubbing my arms and nervously swaying back and forth. She looks at me with a scowl. "I know we're not on the best of terms right now but I want us to be before the summer is over. I'm really sorry, and I know I should've been more understanding considering the circumstances and I'm just so sorry." I look down and right as I'm about to look up again, we're making eye contact.

"I'm sorry too, Bonnie. All you did was try to help me and I caused a divide. I forgive you, and I'm happy that someone is here for my brother when I can't be." We both look at a sleeping Jeremy and share a smile "I forgive you too, Lena." We both hug for a while until I pull away. "I will say this. I can't promise or guarantee peace between you and my family. I can't promise that you'll always like me, but I can promise I'll try my hardest to not hurt you or Jer." "This isn't going to get any easier for us is it?" She shakes her head at me. "I need you to promise me something though." She looks in my eyes, and I nod my head.

"To stick by Jer's side because I'll be leaving for New Orleans officially when he graduates. And I'll be leaving soon to find some answers for my family and me." I look at her shocked and at a loss for words. "Y-you can't leave. Lena, I'm sure you of all people understand you can't leave. Look at the way he's sleeping." We both look at him as I continue to talk. "He hasn't slept like this until today. He's been a mess since after you left with your family." She gives me a look that I'm sure could kill and I raise my arms and back away slightly. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way. I just mean that he's your family too, and he needs you." I say thinking of the restless, angry, and sad nights I've had with Jeremy.

"I know, and I don't want to leave him, but I've outgrown this place now. I've experienced new things and some of those things I'm still trying to figure out, but I'm not abandoning him. I just won't be living the rest of my life here. However, I will be giving him the option to move with me." Elena shrugs as if it's nothing. When I get a glimpse of her face, I see the new her as clear as day. It still shocks me, to say the least, and at this moment, I feel a little anger from her statement. "Wait what! Just because this isn't your home anymore doesn't mean this isn't our home still. You just can't take away who you want because you feel like it. You don't know what I had to go through to be with him and you're just going to try and take him away like that. He's your brother not your piece of property." She listens to my rant with no expression and quietly turns to me with emotionless eyes.

I'm not used to a lack of emotion from her because she's always so expressive and awkward. Now, she's poised and eerily reserved. "Ah yes be upset at a situation that was entirely your fault." "Wha- how-." I get cut off by a silent hand to my face. "Whatever happened between you, Stefan and my brother had nothing to do with me and all to do with your selfishness and Stefan's hurt. I know this from experience. I've come from a place of selfish love and indecisiveness and you will not come at me with intolerance because of the mistakes you made that hurt my brother and set your progress with him back. Keep your guilt to yourself because I don't care. I only care about Jer, and because I care about him, you and I will have this conversation no longer to continue the friendship we just salvaged. Can we agree on that?"