The Memory

A/N: Minor (possibly) character change for Elena and Nik but mostly Elena, and you will find out why in the prequel which is their life in the past centuries. If you/re wondering how this happened, I will explain in a mini summary. As Elena gets sent back to the present, she's moving extremely fast which slows everything down around her causing her to experience life with the Originals. 

Elena

I finally get up and decide to hide behind a tree until I can get my blank mind filled with coherent thoughts. I'm hoping to find some memory before I'm found, but I find no such luck. The face I see gives me some what of a memory: the Bennett witch. I just know she's not the Bennett witch I know, so I smirk at her just incase she's willing to try something. She rolls her eyes and tilts her head to the side in annoyance. "Katherine come on Klaus and everyone is looking for you. Stop playing these childish games." I can feel pressure in my head as I look at her confused. "I'm not Katherine. I'm Elena." The Bennett relative looks me over and makes it back to my face with a shocked look on her face. She slowly inches toward me with her hand out to touch me in disbelief. "E-Elena?" She says is shock as she caresses my face. I feel more pressure as my thoughts come flooding back to me of the Bennett relative only. My body relaxes as I let out a bitter-sweet sigh. "Oh my God, Bonnie. Bonnie it's you." We pull each other into a tight hug as we cry and smile. 

"I-I didn't remember you when I first seen you, and I just had the strongest deja vu from this moment." I say contemplating these last few minutes. "Why can't I remember anything, Bon?" I ask worriedly. "You'll be fine it's just the side affects." She says calmly with a half smile. "Side affects?" I tilt my head to the side. "I'll tell you when you're ready. Right now, you need to go to sleep so everything can be clearer when you wake up." "Alright Bon lead the way." I follow her to what I assume is my home and I fall to my knees in excruiviating pain as a slew of memories come back to me.

I hold my tightly as I let a mix between a loud squeal and screech. I remember the death of my parents, my break up with Matt, the struggle with Jeremy and drugs, then the death of my aunt Jenna but I don't know who's behind it. Everything else is blurry. "Oh my gosh, Elena!" Bonnie comes rushing to my sides and hold tightly while quietly chanting gibberish. The pain instanly subsides and I slowly look up at Bonnie. "I'm better now. I can walk." She hesitantly lets me go, and I walk to the door, but I'm stopped. "Why can't I get in if I'm home? I am home aren't I?" I turn towards Bonnie. "You are home, Elena. Relax." After she says this, Jeremy comes to the door. 

Tears instanly fill my eyes when I see him. He looks so different. He's so mcuh older and I wonder if he's still my Jeremy. "Jer?" I ask breathleslhy as if I've seen a ghost. "Elena?" He reaches out and touches my face. Once he realizes I'm real, he pulls me into a tight hug and I return the hug. His tears drip on me because I soak his shirt with my tears.  "Your're home. Welcome home." "Yeah, I'm home." We pull away and stare at each other. "You go upstairs and get some rest. I'll be up there to check on you in a bit." I walk in the house and turn to see the energy between Bonnie and Jeremy has shifted. I don't think much into it because I feel phsyicaly drained. 

________

Bonnie

I'm in the Salvatore boarding house listening to everyone talk at me at once. Jeremy is with Elena to try and peak her memories before she sees anyone, so I have no one to back me up. Even Stefan has a little to say, but more with the intensity of his eyes. "Alright everyone just SHUT! UP!" Katherine says walking i n the room. "I'm tired of hearing about the bland me and seeing Bonnie look so pitiful. When it's your time to see my carbon copy, you will." I give a look of relief. "I can't believe I'm saying this but thank you. I can't tell you why you can't see Elena right now. I don't want to hurt any of you." Right at that moment, the doorbell rings. 

"I'll get it!" Caroline says energetically as she bounces to the door. She opens the door and gasps. "Oh my gosh, Elena!" She pulls her into a tight hug but Elena returns it wakwardly. "Hi. Who are you?" She says with a polte smile. "I-I'm Caroline." She says in a sad tone while pouting. "That't the problem I was trying to hide. She doesn't remeber any of you yet." "That's impossible!" Klaus' voice booms angrily off the walls.  "You have to remember. Look at me Elena. There's too mcuh to forget and you promised." He grits through his teeth. I can hear the pain in his voice and this is the first time I've truly seen his humainty. 

"Look leave her alone. Let's start small and not overwhelm my sister. She doesn't need all of this nowncan you please invite her in, Stefan?" He asks in an exasperated tone. Stefan looks mesmerized by her, and I feel something in my chest and stomach that I can't quite pinpoit.  "Right. Come in." He says shocked. Damon shares the same look as Stefan but there's pain behind his eyes. "Now, let's start small with trying to remeber me." Caroline says and grabs Elena's shoulders while looking in her eyes. "Elena remember us being cheerleaders together? Just look in my eyes, Lena." Elena holds her gaze and her eyes light up. "Oh Care I'm so sorry I don't know whar is wrong with me." They share a laugh with few and hug each other tightly. 

"So she can remember you but not us? Elena you're our family now. I'm not staying here for this and don't bother coming to me until she remembers. This is the second time you stabbed me in the back when you were supoosed to be my friend, my sister." Rebekah sheds a tear and storms out. "I'm mot normally one to condone my sister's dramtics but I shall agree with her this one time. She needs some time so take your time our dear Elena." Elijah kisses her hand and gives Klaus a look. Klaus looks at Elena one last time before following Elijah out the door.