The Park Date

Chapter 14

Massimo POV 

I called Christina and asked her if she wanted to meet me at the park. At first, she told me, no but after a while she agreed and will be there in 15 minutes. I get ready and tell the kids where I'm going. I get in my car and drive to the park. I see her sitting at the table they have here. I park the car next to hers and I get out and walk quietly go up behind her. I bend a little bit, close to her ear.

"Are you lost baby girl?" I ask her. I can see her chest rise and fall quickly and her breathing pick up. I go and sit next to her and grabbed her hand.

"Hi, baby girl." I say to her.

"Hi, Massimo" She says to me.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asks me.

"Everything. I want to talk about everything. From the beginning." I tell her. She nods her head like go on. And I do. Here we go.

"Well...when you told me, how you felt about me. I got scared. I got scared because I didn't want to lose my best friend. Christina, I am in LOVE my best friend." I say to her and her head pops up.

"You're in love with me? How you were married and have kids.? How?" she asks me. I can see the confusion when she asks.

Yes, I have kids, but they are not mine." she looks at me like I did something bad.

"So, there are mine, but I legally adopted them. They do have my last name. Yes, I was married to their mother. Yes, I did love her. So, their mother died. She got murdered by a rouge. It happened at in the front yard. Devin watched his mother get killed when he was 5. He meet Tara 6 months later. They have been inseparable since then. 

Scarlett is just like her mother. The kindest and sweetest person you will ever meet. Devin has nightmares from that night. I remember one night he was 8, it was the worst. He was screaming so bad. The most horrible scream you ever heard in your life. I ran in his room and just hugged him. That night I slept in his room with him, just to make sure he was ok. The little guy the was shaking so much." I speak. She wipes her tears way.

"I think about you all the time, baby girl. If you don't want to believe me, I don't care if you don't, I just want you to know." I speak.

"Please don't cry, love." I say. i grab her face and I wipe her tears way. 

"Why did you leave? You ignored me the whole time, Massimo? I went looking for. I even asked David where you went." I say and ask him.

"You asked David?" I ask with venom in my voice. She nods her head. David was a very old friend of mine from high school. He had a massive crush on her. I told him how I felt about Christina. He was the one that was watching us while we were talking. I take in a deep breath and slowly let it out. Now I'm pissed.

"Ok. One, I left because, I got a call from my uncle, He told me that my dad was shot." I say to her. Her head shoots up and looks at me with a weird look on her face. Did she know?

"Second, I was not ignoring you. Ok, maybe I was but, I didn't want to admit to myself that I was in love with you. I still am. And third I am sorry about your dad. If I had known I would have said something to you." I say to her. She is still looking at me and she is hugging me.

"I know you would have. He really liked you. He would talk to your dad about you." She tells me and giggles. And I just look at her.

"Do you still feel the same way? Are you still in love with me like you said?" She asks me with tears in her eyes.

"My love for you is like the raging sea, so powerful and deep it will forever be. Through storm, wind, and heavy rain, it will withstand every pain. Our hearts are so pure and love so sweet. I love you more with every heartbeat." I say and mean the words. She is crying and now her head is snuggled in my chest while still hugging me. I hug her even tighter than before. I pull back a little bit and get down on one knee and hold her hand.

"Christina Scott, will you be my girlfriend?" She wipes her tears away.

"Yes, Massimo." She speaks. I jump up and pick her up and spin her around and she giggles.

"I love you baby girl, with all my heart." I say to her.

"I love you more." She says back. I then hear giggling. Damn it!! Ugh!! Christina looks at me, with her eyebrows raised.

"So, I brought two people with me. One is my daughter and her best friend. I told them about you, and they wanted to meet you. Is that ok?" I ask.

"No, that's fine. I would love to meet them." She tells me. I smile at her and lean my head down and kiss her. Mmm....I missed that. Sooo....good.

"Y'all can come out now!!" I yell for them so they can hear me. They come out from behind the tree and walk to us. Scarlett comes and stands by me and Tara stands by Christina.

"Christina, the little one here is my daughter, Scarlett and this lovely girl here is her best friend Tara, who is like my other daughter." I introduce them.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am. We heard a lot of very good things about you." They say to her.

"It's nice to meet y'all as well." Christina tells them. We walk to the bench that they have at the park. We all talk for a while and get to know each other. When it's time to go home the girls tell her buy and hug her. Scarlett starts to walk away but turns around while I'm holding Christina's hand.

"Miss Christina, can you stay with us for a while? I just really want to get to know you. Since you are going to be dating my dad, I just want to know you better. You don't have to. I understand if you don't." She says to her. She's nervous. Poor baby. Christina walks up to her and hugs her.

"Sweetie, I would love to get to know you, ok? I can tell you nervous about this. I completely understand. Can I say something to you?" she asks her. Scarlett nods her head.

"I just want to say I love your dad so much. I am not going to take your mom's place. That's not what I'm doing. If you need to talk to me or ask questions or girl talk, I am here for you and Tara, ok? I don't want you to feel like I'm taking her place. I promise." Christina tells her.

"I know, I..I'm sorry." she says, and she starts to cry. Christina pulls Scarlett to her and hugs her. Christina whispers something to Scarlett. Scarlett lefts her head and smiles at Christina, and with that she leaves and goes to Tara. They go to my car and leave to go back to the house.

"Baby girl, do you want to come to my place for a while? Spend time with us, be with me?" I ask in the most adorable way I can. She looks at me and shakes her head.

"Yes baby." She says to me. I love when she calls me baby.

"Say that again." I speak. She looks at me with a confused look.

"Yes?" she asks.

"No, not that." I speak

"Baby?" she says.

"THAT!! Say that again. Call me that all the time." I say to her.

"Ok, baby." she says to me and I melt. Already this beautiful woman in front of me, has me wrapped around her finger. I would do anything for her. And she could break me with three words that would hurt more than anything. WE. ARE. DONE.