Chapter 3

Tara's POV

Devin Garrett. I have been thinking about him a lot lately. He has been my best friend since I was 5. I had a crush on him since I was 14. He is 4 years older than me. There is nothing wrong with that, right. We talk about everything, just like me and his sister Scarlett. I meet her when I was 6. Me and her are the same age. Just like Devin and Daniel are the same age. Do not get me wrong I love Devin but, he can be annoying sometimes.

 He has this attitude is like Hardin from After. He does get into fights sometimes. But he is the sweetest person. He can make me laugh when I am sad or having a difficult day or just in general. But he can push my buttons to the point I will not talk to him.

 I remember one day I was in school doing a class project with my partner, who was a guy. And Devin walks in the library and he made this big argument about 

FLASHBACK

"She should not be with you, only me. She is mine." He screams at the guy. "His?" I'm not HIS. 

"I belong to NO one. I am a person. NOT an object!!!!" I fire back at him.

"I am NOT your property , Devin!!!" I scream at 

I did not talk to him for two weeks. My brother Daniel and Scarlett brought him to my room. So him and I could talk. He was pleading and giving me those cute puppy eyes. And using his Italian accent on me so I could forgive him. Ha! Well, it did work because he saw the look on my face, and he knew. We gave each other our first kiss. Delicious. 

I told him that day, I wanted him to be my first for everything. He was so happy, he told me the same thing. I was happy, too. He got mad one day and used that against me in front of everybody. I was so hurt. I got drunk until I passed out.

Daniel was pissed at him. Scarlett slept in my room that night to be with me. I did not talk to him for a month and a half. He kept sending me flowers and buying my favorite candy. So, I decided to put the poor guy out of his misery and go talk to him. I went to his house and knocked on his bedroom door. 

"Go away, I don't want to talk". I knocked again, and I heard heavy footsteps coming to the door. 

"I said I don't want to fucking talk". He says screaming. 

The door swings open quickly and their he was. Blood shot eyes from crying. Bags under his eyes. It looks like he hadn't slept in weeks. He probably didn't. Poor Baby. He had extremely cute bedhead hair, that I could just run my fingers though. When he saw me, and he quickly grabbed me and hugged me tight. He gives the best hugs. Did I mention he has NO shirt on? Nope no shirt. He is taller than me, my head comes just below he's chin. 

"I'm so sorry T".  He tells me. 

"Shhh....it's ok".  I tell him and try to ease his pain and my own. I missed him. I missed him so much. 

"No, it's not ok". I hear him tell me.

"I missed you". He tells me. As he's crying. You know when he cries his voice become huskier and his Italian accent is thicker.

"I missed you, too".  I tell him. He grabs my hand and walks us to his bed. Kicking the door closed with his foot. He's dad knows that I sleep in his room sometimes. He sit on the bed. He pulls me to sit on his lap.

"C-Can I h-hug you?" He stutters while asking me.

"Yeah". I say to him. He hides his face in my neck and mumbles 

"I'm so sorry T". I just hug him tighter while combing my figures threw his hair. God, he smells yummy. He helped me through so much. He doesn't even know it. I love him so much. OH MY GOD!!! I love him. I giggle. I know I'm in love with him, but LOVE? When we went to prom, I fell in love with him. Yes, I had a crush on him, but I never admitted it to myself that I love him. Until now. I hope one day I get the chance to tell him. Because every time we tough each other I feel it. I wonder if he feels the same way?  

END OF FLASHBACK