40: Battle of Hogwarts

The Entrance Hall was already in shambles as several bodies lay on the floor, some twitching and others barely moving. Kate's eyes scanned the mass for any familiar faces as she moved around, frantically searching for someone she knew even if it was an acquaintance or someone who she had talked to only once but was glad to find none and she hurriedly made her way towards her right and advanced towards the Great Hall to find people shooting spells at one another, the house tables had been long discarded as she walked inside and once again her eyes scanned the room while dodging but not swiftly so as the Cruciatus Curse hit her in the back making her fall and writhe in excruciating pain; her eyes beginning to water as she screamed. The caster of the spell advanced upon her with a malicious grin while she fumbled for her wand and flipped on her back, wand pointing at her dueler. Antonin Dolohov was towering above her, his wand pointing directly at Kate's chest as she scrunched up her face in pain, unable to recover from the pain cast by the previous spell.

"You're a snarky little bitch, aren't you?" Dolohov snarled, another spell hit her and she was again writhing in pain under the towering man who watched her amusingly as her wand lay elsewehere, where she couldn't reach and just as he was about throw his final curse—

"IMPEDIMENTA!"

Dolohov went flying off towards the far end of the Hall, a sickening sound of bones breaking followed by it and Harry rushed towards Kate, pulling her up to his feet and handing her her wand urgently as he pulled her to himself in an embrace.
"Kate, I need you to do something" he spoke hurriedly, both of them ducking in time to dodge a curse thrown at them.
"Defudio" Kate shot the spell and Harry continued speaking, "I want you to destroy this using a Basilisk's fang"
He held out a cup, a very small, gold covered cup and Kate looked at it oddly before looking at Harry and realised what it was only for her eyes to widen.
"Harry, I-I can't" she fumbled, "I c-can't"
"Kate, look at me" Harry said while holding her face between his hands, "you can do it! For Sirius. For your father. This is your way of avenging him"
His last sentence had struck her this is your way of avenging him, he was right. After all, he had died trying to destroy one of Voldemort's horcruxes and if she did this right now, she'd be at peace too so she looked at Harry and nodded at him which made him pass the cup into her hands and give them a squeeze before parting their ways.

"HARRY, where will I find this fang?" Kate called out loudly over her shoulder.
"Bathroom on third floor. Chamber of Secrets!" Harry shouted back and ran out towards the Courtyard. The Chamber of what?
Without sparing another thought and wasting another second, she advanced on her right to the large staircase to the top floors where she could possibly find the others and get to this Chamber, cup clutched in one hand and wand in the other. How late was she? She looked at her watch which showed her half past two, only a couple of hours and there were bodies lying in the Entrance Hall. She rushed all through the first floor and her eyes landed on a curtain of fiery red hair, she instantly recognised her and ran towards her.
"GINNY!" Kate called out loudly before shooting a spell at the Death Eater that Ginny had been dueling and sent him flying down the flight of stairs and land with a yelp.
"KATE!" Ginny yelled back and hugged her momentarily as they both caught up with each other and advanced up the stairs.

Kate's eyes scanned the floor but when she turned around there was no Ginny next to her and she suddenly stood face to face with Avery.
"We meet again" he smirked satisfyingly, aiming his wand at Kate who mirrored his actions and shot a spell at him, missing him only narrowly.
"Learning to play now, are you?" he remarked and threw a spell at Kate catching her off guard, it was no longer than five minutes that he had been joined by another one of his Death Eater fellows did the fighting intensify. Kate almost felt like she had been dueling them for an hour.
"Avada Kedavra!" Kate ducked just in time as the wall behind her exploded, bits of rubble hitting her back as she whimpered in pain.
"Petrificus Totalus. Relashio!" she shot the spells simultaneously and watched the effect turn Avery into dust as another spell hit the other Death Eater that wasn't emitted from her wand.