20: the detention

Dear Snuffles,

Dear Snuffles,

Hope you're doing well, it's been hell here.
Our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher is just as lovely as grandmother.

I hope to hear from you soon, I miss you loads.

Love,
K.R

Kate marched up to the Owlery and tied the letter to Archimedes' toe, then walked back to the Great Hall and sat down beside Leticia, her close friend and Tom's former Yule Ball date, who she hadn't spoken to properly ever since school started des...

Kate marched up to the Owlery and tied the letter to Archimedes' toe, then walked back to the Great Hall and sat down beside Leticia, her close friend and Tom's former Yule Ball date, who she hadn't spoken to properly ever since school started despite sharing the same dormitory.
"Are you holding up all right?" Kate asked Leticia.
"Yeah, I'm okay. What about you? It's harder on you" Leticia asked sincerely.
"Somewhere in between" Kate shrugged.

However, Kate ended the afternoon by pulling an epic prank on Draco, Crabbe and Goyle and felt utterly satisfied.

The castle was almost empty, only a couple of students were inside where Kate couldn't spot Fred and George. So, she decided to go up to Gryffindor Tower and look for them there and entered the familiar, warm and bright coloured common room to Harry, Hermione and Ron and someone else talking indistinctly.
"Is that Uncle Sirius?" she said brightly making the trio jump while moving to their hunched bodies near the fireplace.
"Kate, you scared us and yes" said Hermione while beckoning her towards the fireplace.
"Hello, Uncle Sirius!" she gleamed once she approached the fireplace where Sirius's head was.
"Aren't you supposed to be in your common room?" he asked.
"Yes but I can be anywhere I like thanks to this badge" said Kate pompously while pointing at her badge.

"So, what's Umbridge like?" Sirius asked.
"Torturous" Kate grimaced, "she had Harry and i in detention for a week."
"What?" Sirius demanded.
"Yeah, but just you wait and see what I'll do to her"

"Well, I was thinking we got away at the station. So, maybe, we could do on your next Hogsmeade weekend-" before Sirius could finish he was cut off by Harry and Hermione who loudly said, "NO!"
"Uncle Sirius, please, I don't want you to get chucked into Azkaban again" said Kate defiantly, Sirius's face even in the fire looked evidently grim.
"I'll join you for Christmas, would you like that?" she said in an attempt to lighten up the air.
"Of course, how're you and George?" Sirius asked.
"According to people, the power couple of Hogwarts" she grinned along with Harry, Ron and Hermione followed by an airy chuckle from Sirius and looked at her watch, "I'd better get going, it's getting late. Sorry, Uncle Sirius, I'll write to you, I love you and take care of yourself"
She heard another soft chuckle from Sirius led by an "I love you, too" then left through the portrait hole, and proceeded towards her dormitory.