2: diagon alley

Kate received another letter from Dumbledore in the last week of August

Kate received another letter from Dumbledore in the last week of August. A man named Hagrid was supposed to be escorting her to Diagon Alley and then to the Leaky Cauldron. She waited eagerly that afternoon; with all her belongings packed into two trunks while her guitar perched on top of one of them.

THUD

THUD

Two loud thuds were heard at the door that made Kate jump, her aunt peered out of the kitchen while Thomas walked to the door and as he opened it; a giant man with a grizzly beard stood at the door frame. Kate stared at him from head to toe, her mouth slightly parting in shock as she had never seen anyone so big and she closed it quickly realising how dumb she must have been looking.

"Is there a - Katrina Black 'ere?", the man said in his grumpy tone

"Uh y-yes. That's me" said Kate in a small voice, "you must be...Hagrid?"
Aunt Demetria came scurrying out of the kitchen.
"Oh, hullo, Hagrid" she greeted the very large man, kindly while Kate and Thomas looked at her with bewilderment.
"Demi! How lovely ter see yeh, I didn't know it was yeh...livin' ere" said Hagrid as Kate and Thomas continued to look at each other they realised that perhaps Aunt Demetria had known Hagrid since a long time.
"Fancy a cup of tea?" She asked.
"Er - maybe, next time. Right, now little one, get yer stuff. We best be leavin'" said Hagrid to Kate. All she had to do was bid farewell to her aunt, uncle and cousin; the family she had lived with for as long as she could remember, the only family that she had left, she was supposed to be leaving behind for what reason? She still had yet to discover because Dumbledore hadn't disclosed any extra information in any of the previous letters he had sent.
"Thank you for everything you've done for me. Please, do write to me", she told them softly as her aunt wiped a tear and kissed her forehead.

Kate and Hagrid traveled on a motorcycle to get to the Leaky Cauldron and after a rather bumpy ride, when she had kept all her stuff in one of the best rooms they could give her at the Leaky Cauldron; she, with Hagrid, headed to Diagon Alley.
"Now let's get yer money firs'", Hagrid added while Kate nodded and looked around at the various shops. It was filled with a hubbub of people, there were people going in and out of a bright Quidditch shop called Quality Quidditch Supplies, people stood outside the shop with their faces pressed against the glass to gape at the newly launched broom, the Nimbus 2001. Kate was no stranger to Quidditch and she knew all about it, there was Tom to thank for that since his friends would often join them during summer and they would all play Quidditch in the lawn.