35: wedding crashers

l

The duo abruptly broke apart when they heard screaming, the wedding was being attacked

"The Death Eaters!" Kate exclaimed, horrified.
"No, stay here!" George said while holding her back.
"George, I can't just sit here"
"-dammit, Kate. I can't lose you!"
"Baby, you won't"
"-stay close to me-"

The tables were toppled, people were fleeing, spells were being shot in every direction as the Death Eaters began to flee in thick clouds of smoke. Harry, Ron and Hermione were nowhere to be seen which meant they had Apparated to safety. Kate kept close to Fred and George while encountering Greyback.
"Remember me?" he snarled, "Bella will be pleased to see you"

"Impedimenta!"
"Crucio"

"Aargh"
The curse hit her on the chest making her fall to the floor, whimpering in pain.
"KATE!" Lupin screamed making George turn around from the other corner as he watched Scabior grab her by the hair and force her up, her wand lay askew.
"Now, you lot want to tell us where Potter is or...it'll be a shame to let this beauty go to waste" Scabior threatened while dragging the blade of his dagger along her neck.
"GET. AWAY. FROM. HER" George bellowed, being restrained by Lupin.
"The boy isn't here" Greyback growled making Scabior tut in response turning into a thick cloud of smoke and disappearing making Kate collapse on the floor and George rush to her side to hold her close to himself.
"Fred, George, you need to take her and get out of here for tonight" Lupin ordered.With one last look at the others, the three of them Apparated and stood in Fred and George's dark apartment after performing a couple of protective spells.

George walked up behind her, when him and Kate had entered his room, and traced her arms with his fingertips as he began to kiss her down the neck making her tilt her head. He unzipped the back of her dress, carefully sliding it off her shoulder, the warmth of his hands making her turn around to face him; his eyes trailing her body in awe like every time was their first as she unbuttoned his shirt to reveal his muscles making her bite her lip. George closed the distance by crashing his lips onto hers and taking it to the bed.

They lay side by side, tracing shapes on bare skin, staring at each other longingly.
"At least, I'll die knowing I got to be with the boy I love" Kate said while stroking George's face.
"I'm not letting you go anywhere" said George seriously.
"I know" Kate smiled and kissed him once more before falling into a deep slumber.

The three of them woke up late that morning and felt well rested.
"I think we should Apparate back after breakfast" Fred suggested to which Kate and George nodded. The trio Apparated to the small hill close to the Burrow and exhaled in relief when they saw the house intact, nothing seemed amiss as they hurried towards the house; Fred and George entering first and greeting their parents while Ginny and Kate greeted each other with bone crushing hugs.
"We'll have to move somewhere safe" said Lupin importantly to the others.
"I can - I mean, I know a safehouse where we can all go" Kate interjected hopefully.
"Kate, I'm sorry but-"
"Don't want my help? Right"