Chapter 11.

CLOUD'S P.O.V.

I was walking towards the train station to meet Barrett & everyone to get to Sector 7. The Mako Reactor just blew & it was a mess. We had to use Secor 8 as an escape route to get out of there. Jesse's blasting agent really made this a mess. I was only in this for the money. I didn't want to be here. However, i haven't seen Tifa since the Nibelhiem incident either... after that accident, I couldn't see anyone I cared about for awhile. I lost Zack, I lost Janelle.. I couldn't save her. Zack wouldn't let me. It was at her own will to go after Sephiroth. I lost my sister. Or whoever she is to me. But I know she meant alot me. I loved her like my family. She was the only family I had left after I lost my mom to the fire in Nibelhiem.

I walked around the corner to met by Jesse. I rolled my eyes. This girl is annoying. A littler flirtatious, however, it was still annoying. She poked my shoulder. I turned around to look at her.

"Hmm?"
She held out a ball of green materia.

"I don't have to tell you what this is, right?"

"Of course not. Its Healing Materia."

"You can have it. For saving my life." She smiled.

"Just doing my job. Nothing more." I was about to walk away until she grabbed my hand, making me take it.

"Yeah yeah. Fact is, I'm lucky you were there." I looked at her strangely.

"Survival can me a matter of luck or skill. & you can't rely on luck"

"Words to live by!"

"Yeah well.. thanks" I pocketed the materia & looked away.

"Meet you at the station! Be safe." She said & ran off.

-------------------

I had to go through obstacles to get to the station as Shinra troops were EVEERYWHERE. I was no longer with Shinra. Shinra is the reason our planet is going to shit. Mako Energy is the life source of the planet. But its destroying it.

"Station's intact..." I stated to myself as the bridge fell right in front of me. I jumped back so no debris fell on top of me. That was close. As I kept walking I looked around at the building on fire. I kept imaging my home on fire... I looked in front & saw Sephiroth with his back towards me in the fire. I glared at him. I shook my head & didn't see him anymore.. I sighed. Im seeing things.

I turned around & was face to face with the nightmare himself... I looked up at him drawing out my bustersword. He looked at me with an evil grin. A pillar fell to the ground causing ashes to hit me in the face. I looked back up to see him walking away.

I started to get a pain in my head that was almost unbearable. I shook head & started to follow him.

"How?! No.. he couldnt be... but then.." I was feeling weak.. Was it the heat from the fire around me or the pain in my head..

"Wait.." I called out as Sephiroth turned a corner. I got the unbearable pain again in head.. I turned the same corner he did. I leaned against the wall catching my breath. Sephiroth came out from the hallway.

"You're not real... You're... dead!"

"I am?" He questioned.

"I killed you with my own..." I couldn't get the words out.

"Oh you need not to remind me. It was the crowning moment of our time together. But that was then, & this is now. I have a favor to ask." Sephiroth paced a little.

"Our beloved planet is dying. Slowly. Silently. Painfully.. Can you bear to see the planet suffer.. Cloud." He gestured to me with that sinister smirked on his face. He got into my head making me see an imagine & I never wanted to see again.. the burning of my home where my dying mom was in.

"Were the planet to die, so many things would be lost. Your hometown that burns so bright... The sound of her voice pleading for me to spare you. The shiver of her flesh yielding to cold steel." He took me out of the image back to reality, sweating from all the fire around me. Somehow, he was just fine... he wasn't sweating.. I was panting to catch my breathe.

"Where's Janelle?!"

"That which binds us together would be no more. And I would be loath to live in such a world. Which is why I must ask you this one favor. Don't worry. It's a simple thing.. Run, Cloud. Run away. You have to leave. You have to live." He ignored my question. He smiled. I took my bustersword & ran up to him to strike him. I was angry.

"You bastard!"

I jumped up to hit Sephiroth right down the middle. But he disappear. All I heard was his voice.

"Good, Cloud. Very good.. Hold on to that hatred.."

The fire died down & I finally was able to catch my breath. I looked around to see if anyone saw what I did.

"I'm seeing things... fumes from all the Mako maybe.. alright.. you got this." I said to myself as I left toward the train station.