Chapter 4.

I walked back to my apartment still questioning everything that happened not even 10 minutes ago. What was that all about? I shook my head. I unlocked my door & set my bookbag & keys down on the table. I grabbed a water from my fridge & looked through my email on my phone. Suddenly I received a call from Lazard.

"Hello, Sir."

"Good afternoon, Ms. Janelle. I know this is your day off. But I need to see you. Can you come to my office in 30 minutes?"

"Yes sir. I will be right there." Call ended. I scanned through the rest of my social media. Noticing what Cloud told me earlier.

SOLDIER 1ST CLASS JANELLE PASSES OUT AT STEAKHOUSE. 1ST CLASS SOLDIER SEPHIROTH BREAKS EYESOCKET OF REPORTER.

I mean. It was better than being at the end of his 8 foot masamune. I sighed. I figured. Reading comments were a mixture of feelings. Some were laughing, some were mad, & some didn't care. I slid my phone back into my packet & headed towards Lazard's office. I saw Sephiroth, Genesis, & Angeal all fighting in one of company training rooms.  I overheard Genesis quoting LOVELESS....again.

"Infinite in mystery, is the gift of the goddess, we seek it thus, and take to the sky. Ripples form on the water's surface, the wandering soul knows no rest..." Sephiroth turned around with that handsome smirk on his face.

"LOVELESS... Act 1."

"Hmmph... You remembered.." He said as he closed the book, putting it in his pocket. I hid behind the frame of the window so they didn't see me. I knew they'd question where I was going.

"How can I not when you beaten it into my head?" Sephiroth replied as he pointed to his head with a smirk. He lifted his masamune & put it behind him, ready for Angeal & Genesis to attack. Angeal looked over at Genesis getting their swords ready.

"Dont take Sephiroth lightly.."

Genesis chuckled.

"Noted" & they started to fight. Sephiroth was better than the rest. He didnt need help nor anyone to be his bodyguard. He WAS the body guard. He wielded that katana like it was absolutely natural.

I left towards Lazard's office before they ended this fight.

Once I got there I noticed Zack, standing there with his arms crossed. He glanced over at me & smiled.

"Heya!" I ignored him. I looked at Lazard.

"You wanted to see me?"

"There is a mission I chose both of you for. It's an important. Its a 2 day mission. You will be met by a woman who will navigate you through the village to get where you need to go."

"& where is this mission exactly?" I quirked an eyebrow. "& why Zack?"

"Hey!"

"Niebelhiem. One of the reactors is not responding on the map. We need you to go investigate the matter & document what you saw. Please let us know if it needs fixing."

"Why won't Sephiroth or anyone else go?"

"We chose you because we know you'd get the job done. As for Zack, he needs experience out on missions."

"In other words, Sephiroth declined the mission, Genesis & Angeal..."

"Have another mission to attend to."

"The joy. When do we proceed?"

"As soon as possible. You already have rooms booked at The Inn. Please start preparing. I will notify Tseng when you're ready to depart."

I nodded my head as Lazard excused us. I walked out of the office & noticed Sephiroth standing there, staring at me.

"What do you think you're doing"

"Doing what a 1st Class does..? Goes on a mission?" I walked passed Sephiroth as he grabbed my arm. He looked at me with worry in his eyes. His face as close to mine as possible. His nose brushed against mine. I felt the blood rush up to my cheeks.

"Janelle don't go on this mission"

"Well you declined it & the other guys are on another. So excuse me if I'm doing my job." I yanked my arm away. He glared at me. I knew that glared. I hated it. It meant nothing good.

"Let the Turks handle it.. You shouldn't go."

"Thanks for your concern. But i cam handle it myself." I walked back to my apartment & gathered my things. Leaving Sephiroth where he stood. Worried & speechless.

I put on my SOLDIER gear:

I grabbed my bag & glanced at my vanity

I grabbed my bag & glanced at my vanity. I picked a necklace that Sephiroth made me when he was on a mission. It has black materia wrapped with steel with a black wing hanging off it. I smiled to myself. Id never admit it to him, but I love him more that works can express. I would do anything for him. I put the necklace around my neck & under my vest & left my apartment...

I started to feel my chest vibrate a little. I put my hand on my chest & took the necklace out. The black materia ball was glowing a weird glow. Huh.. I shook my head & put it back where i had it. I started towards the helicopter pad. Zack ran up to me, following me.

"Are you ready for the mission?"

"As I'll ever be.. You?"

"You bet! So excited!" He pumped his chest & smiled. Good to have a smiling face. I looked forward as we arrived to the pad. Noticing Sephiroth leaning against the wall, arms crossed while examining something on a clipboard. He glanced up at me, smirked & looked back down at what he was doing. Lazard greeted us.

"Thank you both for going on this mission. There has been a slight change to this mission." I popped my hip & put my hand on my hip. I glanced over at Sephiroth who now stood up straight & headed over to us.

"Sephiroth is now going on the mission. He will be extra...muscle."

"I thought you didnt want to go?"

"I want to make sure you're protected... & Zack doesnt slip up"

"Oh thanks. So much for a confidence boost." Zack rolled his eyes & walked onto the helicopter where Reno & Rude were waiting. Reno started up the chopper.

"Good luck to all of you." Lazard waved & walked back into the Shinra building. Sephiroth looked at me & smiled.

"After you." He gestered to the helicopter. I jumped into the helicopter with Sephiroth behind me, closing the door. We took off.

My heart started racing..

Niebelhiem...here we come.