Chapter 5.

"So... How does it feel..?" Sephiroth asked, glancing back at an infantryman.

"To be home after all this time? I have no hometown. I wouldn't know."
I walked past him, taking my hood off looking around. Pure desert. Just like I remembered.

"What about family?" Zack asked Sephiroth. I heard Sephiroth sigh. He never talks about himself personally. He only told me his father wasnt in the picture.

"My mother's name is Jenova. She died shortly after I was born. My father...." He looked down... He started to laugh.

"Why am I talking about this? Come on. Lets go." He turned around & we started up the hill.

It was insanely quiet after the confrontation when we got here. Once we got into the Village, Sephiroth went to talk to the Mayor about the reactor & the monsters they've been seeing. I went to The Inn to check in. That's where we met our guide. The one girl I knew that my brother loved & promised her that he would save her if she was ever in trouble. Tifa Lockhart. She ran up to me & hugged me. I froze. Not much of a hugger.

(It Tifa!)

"Janelle! I'm so happy to see you! How are you!?"

"I am well. I hope you're well. Thank you for your help with our mission. We appreciate you."

She smiled & nodded. She looked around, frowning.

"Is Cloud not here?" I look at both infantryman. One kept looking forward & was stiff. Normal military stance. On the other side was looking down & away from me. I knew it. Without looking away, I replied coldly.

"He was not assigned to this mission... I apologize.... I will send your regards.." She nodded her head & walked out her door to be greeted by Sephiroth. Who towered over her. She froze, looked down & walked past him.

"I'll meet you at the base of Mt. Niebelhiem in an hour!" Tifa yelled & ran off. I gave Zack a key for the infantryman & himself. One for Sephiroth & I. I looked at the infantryman that was cowardly earlier & made a finger like motion for them to follow us. Sephiroth opened the room door. He let us in first.

I set my bag on the desk & turned to look at the infantryman. About 5'8. Medium build. Fair skin. Sephiroth leaned against wall & looked over at gentleman.

"Remove your helmet"

He looked over at the silver haired man, frightened. He didn't move.

"Your Commander asked a task of you. Remove your helmet or I remove it for you." I threatened reaching over my head for the handle of my katana. He sighed & he removed it. I put the end of my katana up to his neck faster than he took the helmet off. He stood still. Cloud.

"Why the hell are you here"

"I told you not to come here"

"& i told you to leave me alone"

He didn't answer. He just stared at me with my katana at his throat.

"Were you assigned to this mission?" Sephiroth stood up & walked over & stood behind me like he was guarding me.

"No, sir."

"Then you have no right to be here"

"I don't need Janelle to be hurt. That's why i came.."

"Janelle is a 1st Class Soldier who needs no babysitting. If her blood she sheds then it's on my hands. This goes on your permanent record. I will see for Reno to pick you up" Cloud glared at me.