Chapter 21

Cloud's POV

"So what you're saying, Janelle magically ended up here, teleported me to you, & poof... gone?" Tifa questioned.

"Yeah. I can't explain it better than that, actually."

"Why did she want to help you, err... I mean us? Nice dress, by the way. " Tifa chuckled. I rolled my eyes, starting to feel the stares that have, unfortunately, fallen onto me.

"Yeah, okay, anyways. She never mentioned it. She just...vanished." I sighed. This whole game Janelle was playing with started to get irritating.

"Uhm... Cloud?" I look behind me to Aerith, who just stood there, staring me nervously.

"Sorry. Tifa, Aerith. Aerith Tifa." Aerith skipped past me right up to Tifa with a beaming smile on her face.

"HI there! It's nice to finally meet you! Clouds my body guard!" Tifa glanced at me with a look i couldn't read. She moved her gaze back to Aerith & smiled lightly.

"It's a pleasure! Should we change into more appropriate ass kicking clothing?"

"Thank god." I groaned, walking back to Andreas to retrieve my clothing & for the girls as well.

-------------
"So Aerith. I was never able to ask you how you knew my sister?" I glanced to my right as we walked towards Sector 7.

She put her index finger to her chin as she thought, continuing to walk until she stopped before we entered the Sector. Tifa & I glance back her until she speaks.

"Janelle & I.. We went to school together in Sector 8 Slums. Her & I couldn't be separated."

Tifa walked up to her slowly as she continued her story. I, however, couldn't move.

"Janelle always made sure to water all the flowers." She chuckles, "she actually was the one who taught me how to care for them. I just remember she loved carnations. She always said they smelled so sweet, lasted the longest, & held a close place in her heart. "

"She sounded like a lively child. Why was that flower her favorite?" Tifa asked, smiling at her, grabbing her hands & holding them with her. I started to walk slowly to them as Aerith & Tifa sat down on the swings in the small park outside the gates.

"Well.. one day, she came over to my house to play. She told me of this boy who had emerald eyes & silver hair that helped her when she fell off the slide at the school playground. To make her smile & stop crying, he picked her a single pink carnation from the garden." She smiled lightly & continued. "I don't remember a silver haired boy going to our school. So maybe he was walking outside the fence & saw her fall. She said he was going to be a tough war hero like he told her he was."

"Did she tell you what his name was?" I asked, walking a bit more towards the gates. Aerith shook her head.
"No. She only mentioned what he looked like & was carrying a wooden sword. He was by himself, so he must've wondered off."

"How did you lose contact with her?"

"The teacher told us she moved away. I haven't heard from her since." Aerith huffed & stood up promptly. She then went wide-eyed.

"Do you think that boy was Sephiroth?" Aerith asked.

I looked back at her & sighed.

"The way you described the boy to be, I wouldn't put it past anyone that it was. He resembles all those features... except his sword now is an actual sword that's longer than a damn bus."I grumbled, crossing my arms.

Aerith looked at me as she took a step in my direction.

"What was she like at Shinra?"

"Janelle was a really reserved person. She didn't talk to anyone. Didn't look at anyone. She didn't really acknowledge anyone unless she was training someone or on a mission. She was just focused on being who she wanted to be."

"Did you & her have a good relationship growing up?"

"We were strained. She felt really outcasted. The only person who she was around & was around her was Sephiroth. He protected her, taught her everything she knew & when he died...well.. she went after him." I rubbed the back of my neck, getting uncomfortable with the information I was receiving & giving.

Tifa piped up, "I still remember her teaching me how to fight & defend myself. She kicked my ass."

"I still find it funny when you face planted into my front door because she tripped you." I chuckled & looked at Tifa, who then glared at me with a smirk.

"& I still remember her kicking your ass that you cried about to your mom for a week straight."
We all laughed a bit at the childhood memories.

I crossed my arms & shook my head

"I still wish I was able to do something to save her..." I swallowed hard as I looked to the ground.

"Her actions aren't your burden to live with, Cloud." Tifa sighed, walking back towards me.

"She was my sister, Tifa. I failed to protect her -"

"But she died to keep you living."

I stopped in my tracks & looked at Aerith questioning her comment. Yet, I let her continue.

"Janelle died to keep you safe. She didn't die just because she was going after a man she loved."

"How do you know that?"

"If she wanted you dead, she would've let it happen already. Whether it was by her hands or someone else's. Janelle was the biggest protector of the people she cared about & strong minded. Even as a little girl. So when she's still popping up in random places that we are, why hasn't she done it already?"

"..." i had to think. My sister never was a violent person. Extremely rebellious & outspoken. But never violent by nature.

"What if Sephiroth is using her?" Tifa asked.

"He wouldn't. He loved her too much to do something like that. I'm positive she is stronger than him mentally to begin with." I stated.

"They're both scary..."
We all laughed as Aerith jogged up to the gate, looking back at us with a smile

"Well! Let's get you guys home, yeah?"

(AN: I'm sorry for a small update. But I wanted to get a super cute memory between between all of them :3. The next update will be posted shortly. Again, thank you for your patience!)