CH 34

"Y/n." My name.

"Y/n." I heard someone calling my name. "Wake up," My eyes shot open, looking around. The first thing I notice is Prince Jimin looking at me with a pained expression, holding his head. My eyes snapped to him, "Your Highness," I stood up.

"My head hurts, Y/n." His tone sounded annoyed, despite being in pain. "Yes, Your Highness." I rushed around the room searching for the water pot, only to find it empty.

"Your highness, please forgive. I shall bring some water right away," I practically folded in on myself. Bowing to him, I nearly ran to the royal kitchen.

"Mrs. Younji!" I ran into the kitchen, and Mrs. Younji looked at me in disbelief. "Y/n," She said my name as I stood next to her panting. "Water pot...empty, hah. His Highness needs...water." She took the kettle from me.

"Fill it," She ordered her subordinates with a firm voice, and then her eyes were focused on me. She folded her hands to her chest, demanding an explanation. "Where have you been since last morning?" She asked. My eyes dropped to the floor, allowing myself
to process her question, and miraculously, an answer presented itself.

"Well, I was busy with Prince Jimin. He was very stubborn about staying in the room,” I smiled, trying my best to keep the look on my face neutral to hide the little white lie. It was difficult to avoid her burning gaze, while still trying to make sure my words seemed truthful.

"Ma'am," her subordinate called, holding out the kettle. I snatched the kettle from her, "Talk to you later." My feet moved quickly, letting me fly out of the kitchen, and up to Prince Jimin’s
bedroom.

"Your Highness," I called out his name before opening the door to his room and letting myself in. He raised his head to look at me before closing his eyes and reclining on the bed once more. "My head is aching, Y/n." He hissed as his hands tried to massage his scalp, his fingers furiously rubbing all over, but eventually, he gave up, going back to ordering me around.

"Water."

I poured him a glass, leaving an inch at the top. I reached over, trying not to spill as I handed the glass to him. He chugged down the water; meanwhile, I collected the jars and containers of medicine, setting them up and organizing them at his bedside. Hmm… There are a few that need to be taken back, they don’t belong here. "Feels like my head is going to split open," he groaned, flopping back onto the bed.

"I will be back, Your Highness." I rushed to the royal physician’s room. People in the halls kept giving me weird looks which made me realize that I had been running through the castle without freshening up. I had just crawled out of bed and went straight to work. My hands fumbled with the medicine still sitting in my hands after I realized the issue. I shamefully made my way towards the physician’s room.

Unfortunately, I had to pass through the courtyard in my current state of undress. Before I knew it, my skin was being warmed by the sun, and my surroundings were warm and
welcoming, enveloping me in a warm hug. My head tilted back and I gazed up only to see that it was nearly noon.

Sneaking to the physician’s room, the hall was filled with the odorous atmosphere which caused my gag reflex to jump into action. I held my breath, taking it in in short quick bursts only when I no longer had any oxygen left. The scent of strong bitter herbs crushed and made into medicines entered my nostrils which caused them to burn. The feeling that I was gonna sneeze was overwhelming; however, my body wouldn’t allow the sneeze to escape. Very annoying. My steps hurried to the shelves where herbs were arranged.

"It seems that his right arm is paralyzed,” I heard a male voice speaking in a hushed voice, his tone serious and intense. Curiosity got the best of me and I needed to see what was going on even though I already knew who they were talking about. I peeked through the significant gap between the shelves.

“Do you know of any way to treat his paralysis?” Hwa-sshi asked, concern dripping from his voice. The apprentice looked at him, worry sewn into his expression.
“To be honest…” The boy paused, “I have never treated any paralysis of such kind. The usual diagnoses are, for the most part, treated through medicines and exercises, In his case, one of his nerve has blocked blood circulation and can no longer work properly. I would like to consult master about this,” the assistant to the physician stood up from the floor.

“I did what I knew how to do,” he said to Hwa-sshi before they exchanged a bow. Once the boy left the room, I emerged. Hwa-sshi was silent, his sad eyes staring at Dojin laying in the bed unmoving. "How is he doing?" I asked, slowly leaving my hiding space and stepping further into view.

"Y/n," He snapped to my question with surprise.He looked back over to Dojin. “It seems that the attacker was well-trained. He was able to twist the nerves of arm, making his hand paralyzed," his tone of voice was serious, but he seemed sure that we would find and catch the culprit. My whole body was drenched in discomfort as I felt the tense atmosphere festering in the room. “Why do you say that?” I asked, trying to bring out his investigative mindset to check if they had any suspicions on me.

“His arm is paralyzed. All I know is the body paralysis was a deadly trick used by the southern rebels in the wars. They were against the notion of the King being crowned as their king after he married the first queen,” he looked at me and it seemed that his mind was swirling with knowledge trying to figure out the answer to this case.

Then he turned to face my body, his look thoughtful and almost mysterious, “But all the rebels were eliminated, including their sacred place which held all their knowledge about the war tactics. So then the question is how can a robber be-” He was cut off by a sudden announcement. "The queen is arriving," I heard her eunuch shout at the door. Why now? She will kill me if she sees me.

"Do not tell the queen that I am here," I said in hurry, rushing to hide behind the big barrel pots.
"Long live the queen." I heard Hwa-sshi greet. "How is he doing?" She asked him in a cold voice that felt like it could freeze me to the bone. "His right arm is paralyzed." Hwa-shi looked down; a gesture where you do not look into the eyes of the queen or kind unless they say. "What happened to him?"

"A robber attacked him when he lied to her. "It looks like the robber has outmatched him,” She glanced down at him with a very obvious look of distaste in her eyes. So much for the mighty queen, I rolled my eyes.

"Go, retrieve the medicine for headache, Seohyun," she ordered. My eyes almost jumped out of my head when I realized she was standing there, stuck to the queen’s side like glue. Since when was it okay for her to abandon all of her responsibilities and drop the Prince on me? I was irritated, nonetheless, but then I froze. Did she find out that Prince Jimin was drunk and is now having a hangover? Tension and concern skyrocketed in my body.

"Your Highness, he was protecting the Prince during the robbery," Hwa-sshi disclosed. "Yes, he was protecting the drunk prince. How will he protect the prince when he himself is drunk?" She questioned.

It felt like an arrow was piercing through my heart, slowly twisting as the realization dawned. She
knows everything. My face turned pale from shock. I am done for. How am I not dead already?
"It is done, Your Majesty," Seohyun replied. "When he wakes up, inform me." The queen turned and glided out of the room, a smug Seohyun following after, almost as if she knew I had spent the morning trying to keep that secret safe, with me. A gloomy sigh left my lips. I felt close to passing out, but I packed that feeling down, standing up and rushing out of the room. "I will talk to you later, Hwa-sshi," I bowed and ran to His Highness’s room.

~~~~~~~~~
DO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Hey guys,

I’m going good, college life is very busy. I’m so sorry for the delay of a month and I hope all of you are doing great. 😘😘😘

I have a new person with me. Crystal who is my new editor and will be working with me here on. 🤗🤗🤗

Hiya, I’m Crystal. I’m the new editor for this book. I live in America. Here on Wattpad I’m Crystal Mckenna or @PurpleCheetahSpots5 . And I really hope you’re having a good day! Or if it’s not as good,
that this chapter helps it be better! <3

Show us your love and support.

Also we will realease the next chap after my exams and assignments. Bare with me guys.😢😢😢😢

With Love,
Anny and Crystal.😘