CH 46

Do VOTE the chaps.

Even before the sun rose, all the necessary packings were done and the party was set to leave for the capital. Before climbing the horse, you ordered Hansoo to clean the house after you leave and to maintain the compound. Not sure if there would be a return, you wished to god that this exile be renounced. Yet there was an odd aura flowing that you would come back. 

It took two days to return to capital. By the time the party had reached the palace not even a single man could guess who entered the palace in the dark. The impatient Prince rushed to his father's chamber with you and the eunuch followed right behind. On reaching the chamber door, he asked the other eunuch; who stood next to the door, to call for his majesty, "Your majesty." "Come in." An immediate answer was heard from the other side. Knowing very well that his majesty and the prince would require a private attendance you decided to stay behind and have Prince meet his majesty alone. As soon as the eunuch opened the door, Prince Jimin rushed in. His majesty stood in the middle of the room, patiently waiting for his highness. Before his highness could process, his majesty swooped him in his warm embrace. It was an awe struck moment for his highness. He barely held any memories of his majesty cradle him. This hug was filled with love than mere hug. It was alienating for a moment but soon made himself comfortable in his embrace and hugged his majesty back. Soon his majesty parted away, still holding on to prince's shoulders. 

"How have you been, son?" His father asked him, with warm eyes. He loved how his father spoke so sweetly to him. Though there have been several rifts between the father and son, prince Jimin loved being with his father though the circumstances never stood favourable to him. "I am doing well, your majesty." He bowed his head. "I hope your majesty is in good health." He smiled and that smile could remind his majesty about one person. "Yes." His majesty nodded as he took his hand off. "Your majesty, as soon as I read your letter, we set out for the palace. I am delighted that your majesty had taken an immediate action." His majesty nodded again to confirm it for his son. "I hope your majesty will serve proper justice to the departed soul. I am grateful to you majesty, for not dismissing the investigation." Prince said as he bowed on his knees to his father again. His majesty only smiled at him. He was happy at last that Prince Jimin finally got what he was looking for.

Outside the chamber, you waited for his highness. Ever since entering the palace a precarious aura had been bothering you. On recalling all the incidents since the day you left, nothing seemed left out. To avert from the odd feeling, a memory of every person you knew in the palace ran in your mind. You wanted to surprise them and know their well being as well. Assuming the time, you were sure all of them had retired to their beds. Still the aura grew stronger moment after moment. It bothered you even more to the point where you just wanted to step out of there. Eventually, you step out of there.

The feeling didn't change. An ominous aura lurking around. The night breeze seemed to carry it everywhere instead of swaying it away in its direction. Goosebumps crept in, instantly rubbing your arms, you look up and see the sky to be very clear. "Y/n." A  familiar voice called out. "Your highness." Turning around you saw his highness walk up to you. "Don't wait for me you can retire to your quarter now. I want to check on to something." He smiled at you. You could see a serenity on his face yet anger in those black doe like eyes. He further continued, "You must be tired from all the travel, rest well." He wished and walked to the other direction with the second eunuch.

Once his highness's silhouette vanished into the darkness, you proceeded to your room. Before entering your room, you decided to check his highness's chambers to see if everything is fine. The room was the same as it was before, well lit with candles, everything arranged well though it seemed it was dusted off and cleaned just recently. Wanting to clear your mind, you tidy out his highness's bed again, beat the pillow and tuck the blanket properly and sat on the bed for a while. "What is this?" You sighed confused to the goosebump feeling you were getting since the entry. "Why do I feel so agitated? Something is not right. There is no such things that require my care yet I feel jittery." rubbing your arms, you looked back at your palms. It wasn't long before your eyes gave in to the tiredness that was draining you and soon made your self comfortable in the bed not thinking much.