CH 21

I stood in front of the chamber with angry Seohyun. "Walk in now." She barked at me.

I bowed my head and opened the door to see Prince Jimin calmly reading a book. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I stood there for few moment until he called me to go close to him.

I stood beside his bed. "Shall we not continue the deed." The question seemed more as a statement than a question. His slender fingers flipped the page. His slow and raspy voice sent a chill down my spine.

"Listen Y/n, if any member of the royal family ever finds you guilty for anything, drop on your knees and ask for their forgiveness. Do not go for an argument with them. Because if you do that might lead to something even bigger than your previous mistake." Jisoo said as she arranged her bouquet of flowers.

'Why did that pop all of a sudden. I never did a mistake.'

Then it all made sense.

"Your highness, I ask for your forgiveness for my mistake." I dropped on my knees with my head hung low. "Are you asking for forgiveness?" He sarcastically asked. I nodded to him not looking up. "Alright. I forgive you." He said which lightened my mood and I looked up astound. "Thank you your highness." I bowed as I stood up. But something seemed not sure because he was not looking up at me and reading on his book.

"Shall I take my leave?" I asked him and turned. "Who gave you the permission to leave?" I heard his voice deep and low. I turned to face him. He was glaring me with his cold expression. "I apologize for my foolishness." I bowed my head. "Come here." He gestured with his head to stand next to him.

I walked from nervousness to him. My eyes hung low not having the courage to face his wrath again. I took place next to his bed. "On your knees." He commanded. I closed my eyes accepting my fate; whatever that is going to happen to me. It was fine for a while.

But then he pulled my hair. "Do you really think that a Prince will forgive a petite maid?" His raspy and tough voice whispered in my ear. The pain was bearable. My eyes remained close. "Answer me."

"No your highness." My answer came out shakily. My hands fisted my hanbok. "I heard from Seohyun that you were unconscious for five days." He spoke. His voice expressed his anger and irritation.

But I am never able to figure out the reason why he always chooses to give me pain.

"Yes your highness." My voice came as a whisper. "You must be good at acting." He yanked my hair again. "No, your highness." I hissed.

"What should I do with you?" He scoffed. It was silent. A heavy breath left my mouth for not being able to breath. "How about I ask you to dance for me on burning coal?" His question had me dumbstruck. My eyes opened wide. I turned to face him.

"Your highness, please have mercy on me. I will tie up to all your commands. I will not follow or even glance at Prince Taehyung. Please let me go your highness." I trembled with my eyes begging him.

He smirked. "Good, then. I do not want you to have any conversation with Prince Taehyung. And if I come to know any, that will have you preyed." He eyes balled his eyes at me, warning.

I nodded messily. He let go of my hair. "Leave." He commanded. I stood up, bowed to him and scurried away.

Just as I closed the door and turned around, she was there eyeing. Her arms folded on her chest. "What happened inside?" She demanded. "Nothing in particular." I said sternly and tried to pass her.

But she held on to my wrist and made me face her. "You better do. Otherwise I can have you speak." She smriked showing me that she has power. "I do not dare to say what Prince Jimin has asked me to keep a secret." My lips carved to smirk.