CH 52

Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT!!!

"Jihoon why are you doing this?" Prince Taehyung asked him. Jihoon simply looked up at him. "Because I want to protect someone." His anger ragged with every second. "Is that Y/n?!" He shouted. Jihoon's emotionless eyes looked at him silently. "Jihoon, confess the truth. You and I know that neither you or Junmyeon were ever involved in my brother's assassination. You would never even have the thought to hurt my brother, then why did you confess that you were threatened by minister Yushin? That man is long dead." Prince Taehyung blurted his frustration, his voice painfully questioning Jihoon. The cell fell silent. "Jihoon tell me-" Jihoon interrupted the prince.

"I don't have the justification for you, your highness." His voice cracked. "I am innocent everyone knows it, but there are people around you who want to kill prince Jimin and pin down us as their pawns. I'm not sure about this, but I have a strong belief that I was entangled in this web of cold lies only because Y/n is my lover." Prince's expression twisted, he didn't quite get what Jihoon meant there, instead it seemed like Jihoon was giving him some hints to catch on to. "Y/n and prince Jimin are in grave trouble just like me and Junmyeon. Whoever is behind all this play, I don't know what they hold against me, my lover or my family but today they forced me to see my father's vulnerable side. And I cannot let myself to anyone make a fool of my father. They have pushed my life to this point, I don't care for them to take my life because they are getting their hands soaked in the innocent people's blood and one day for sure they will have to repent for all the sins they have committed." Jihoon clenched his jaw.

"Jihoon, what are you trying to say?" Prince Taehyung asked him. Jihoon with petty smile, "Time will come when you will know it all. For now all I know is that my death is close to me. The karma for taking the lives of the innocent people in the northern rebel is finally taking its chance on me. I am not going to resist it anymore. If those people want my life, they can have it but they will definitely not have Y/n's." 

"Jihoon! What are you rambling? Which people are you talking about?" Jihoon didn't have the urge to clear anything anymore, "I am tired your highness, you too must retire for the day." He said before bidding him a good night and laid on the floor, with his back to the prince. Prince Taehyung screamed in that cell compound, "Hell with the two of you. I am trying to save the two of you and look at the attitude I get."  He wanted them to understand the pain that he would suffer at their loss. Unable to keep his frustration and composure, he headed to the upper maids rooms in servants compound. 

He knocked at the door, one of the maids opened the door, "Seohyun." with stoic expression, he coldly uttered the name. The maid bowed to him, went in to call her at once. Seohyun appeared at the door with the biggest smile she could put on, soon to be replaced with the pursed lips at his stoic expression.  

Meanwhile, prince Jimin remained attached to you. He didn't leave after returning from the temple. No matter how times you told him that he cannot come in because of your periods, he didn't understand your restriction, he simply ignored you and stayed in your room. He had lunch and dinner served there. "Have some food, Y/n." he spiraled in dejection. "Your highness, I don't have the appetite. Why must you force me?" you whined in frustration. On one hand your mind was focused on begging to god for Jihoon's safety and on the other you were trying your best to not be rude to the prince. "If I don't force you, you will not have the energy to pray for Jihoon's safety."  He muttered under his breath. "Why are you doing this, your highness?" 

"Because I am trying to own up to my mistakes." his black orbs looked at you concerned. Trying to hold in your tears your eyes closed for a moment,  recollecting his confession the last day. "Did the judgment come today?" you asked him, worried and he shook his head. "Come on now, have a little food for Jihoon, at least." He held out a small piece of vegetable with the chopsticks to your lips. You looked at it and then the prince, who motioned his eyes to have it and you had give in.