Day 1- Where's Aang

Warning! Contains: oogies, kissing, love, happiness, hate, mention of crying, swearing, etc. That should be it?

Clarification: I'm stupid and weird, so I'm doing this my way. The war ended exactly one year after Sokka and Katara found Aang, on May 4th. Zuko's coronation was on May 5th. The Invasion/eclipse was on February 1st, and the Ba Sing Se incident was on October 28th.  When they arrived at the North Pole- that's like August 28th. Thanks for reading! :))

(May 7th, 6:00 am)

KATARA'S POV:

I placed my hand in front of my mouth as a small yawn escaped my mouth. I shut my eyes tightly before opening them again- only to be met with Aang smiling in front of me again. I grinned and let my hand down, tangling my fingers with his. He let me lean my head on his shoulder as I swing my feet under me, dangling on top of the floor. 

Aang smiled as he leaned down, pressing a small, light kiss to the top of my head. Momo climbed up to my lap and curled in a ball, purring and wagging his tail around. "Good morning, my love." I smiled and looked up at him. "Good morning." He sprinkled some salt onto the eggs he was cooking on the stove as I watched his eyes light up, the grey sparkling in the early sunlight. 

"Best morning ever," I whispered. He smiled as he looked down at me, his pupils dilating and his cheeks reddening. I smiled as I leaned up a little bit, pressing my lips to his. He leaned in closer to me, using the hand that was on the wooden spoon on the eggs to cup my cheek, deepening the kiss. 

"Eyes on the food before you burn the house down, bestie," Suki said with a small laugh as she walked into the room. Aang broke off of me and turned back to the eggs as I smiled at her, her smirking back at me. Sokka walked right in behind her, smiling and ready for the day. He rolled his eyes once he saw Aang and I's entwined fingers. "Get a room." He paused in his step for a moment, and I could see the dread on his face for a split second. "No. Shit. Fuck. No. Don't get a room. Never ever get a room. You're staying in my sight 24/7." 

Aang raised his eyebrow at Sokka as I rolled my eyes. "Wait- you know we sleep together, right?" Suki spit out her water as Sokka stopped dead in his tracks. "What the fuck." I turned to Aang, who genuinely looked confused. "What?" Sokka looked at him weirdly. "Aren't you 12?" 

"13," we both said at the same time. Sokka rolled his eyes and sighed as Aang just turned back to the eggs. "That's gonna be an awkward conversation," Suki whispered as she opened the ice box. I glared at her and made the ice capture her arm, to which she shrugged at and broke free.

"When are we leaving again?" mumbled a sleepy Mai, who was rubbing her eyes as she walked into the kitchen. Zuko followed behind her, slowly pulling out a chair from the kitchen table and sitting down, a paper in his hands. "10 am," Sokka replied, "Zuko, what is that?" The Firelord sighed. "A list of people who are pissed that Ozai's in jail.

"12,753 fucking names." 

"Are there even that many people in Caldera City?" Suki asked as she sipped her iced water. Zuko shook his head. "We can only fit 10,000. I don't know what's going on. I can't do this." I rolled my eyes and got up as Mai sat next to him, placing her hand on his cheek. He leant into it slightly, closing his eyes, letting her comfort him. "Okay, you two can get a room. I don't care," Sokka complained. 

I rubbed his right shoulder as I looked over and onto the paper. "Yikes," I muttered. Aang frowned as he reached out for my hand, which I lent back to give to him. "That bad?" I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder as I sat on the table again. 

"10 am?" Mai asked, clearly changing the subject. I nodded. "Wait- Aang, when'd you turn 13?" Sokka asked. He raised his eyebrow. "December 1st... you guys don't know my birthday?" Suki smiled and turned around as Sokka looked at him funny. "There's no way you're already almost 14." Aang raised an eyebrow. "Wow, you're bad at math. 7 months to go- that's over half a year."