Chapter 28

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY to all Indians :D

Just watched the beautiful republic day parade and it was awesome as usual :D

And THANK-YOU, Thanks a lot. I am overwhelmed by the response I received for the last chapter :) You guys are the best :D

BTW, Chapter 28 is here and it is dedicated to @Jusha15 :D

Pic on the side is of>>>>

****

“Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” 
― Mary Manin Morrissey

TEMPLAR P.O.V

My child!

My own child had to be sacrificed! Why? The ocean became a blur to me as my eyes flooded with tears. As the shock of what they did to my baby, registered, I felt like my heart was breaking into thousands and thousands of minute pieces, unable to be repaired.

A sudden hollow feeling sank in and I felt my skin turn cold. Blinking, I let a tear drop loose from my eyes. Taking a breath, I slowly lowered my head and glanced at my stomach.

My baby!

I placed a hand on my stomach, but I felt nothing. My baby would have still been there had they not taken it away from me.

My baby, who died protecting me. My baby, who was killed for no fault of his own. My baby, who was punished for something he didn’t do.

As all those bitter truths sank in, I shed more and more tears. I closed my eyes and wept over everything. Initially, it was soft silent tears but then it turned into loud choky sobs. Opening my eyes, I threw my head back and screamed. Pressing my stomach, I screamed again.

They took my baby away from me. They punished my baby for my sins. My innocent child had to suffer.

For endless moment, I sat there and wept and wept and wept, letting it all out. The thought that my unborn child died protecting me was even more painful for me to bear.

Just when I thought, I was dried of tears, more and more would come out. In the end, I was leaning against a rock, with my knees pulled up to my chest and my chin resting on them.

I was sitting in the shore, reading a book, when someone sneaked from behind and covered my eyes with their hands.  I smiled because I knew who it was.

“Oh! Who is it?” I feigned being oblivious. As an answer, all I received was excited chuckle. “Hmm… Everett?” I said teasingly.

“No” the answer in a supposed manly voice, was followed by some delightful giggles.

“Jan?” I asked well aware that it wasn’t her.

“No” there was another shout of delightful laughter.

“Hmm… who is it then?” I queried biting my bottom lip. Then suddenly, I gasped and said, “Is it my precious baby?” I asked and immediately the hands that covered my eyes dropped.

I turned around to see my son. He was beautiful. A solid little boy with black hair like Everett’s, and brown eyes and creamy skin, just like mine. Squealing, he hurled himself at me. Encircling my arms around my son, I hugged him tightly and inhaled his gorgeous scent.