Chapter 30

Chapter 30 is dedicated to @Fauna_the_fox   :D

Pic of Everett >>>

****

“The female mind is certainly a devious one, my lord." 
Vetinari looked at his secretary in surprise. "Well, of course it is. It has to deal with the male one.” 
― Terry Pratchett
, Unseen Academicals

TEMPLAR P.O.V

Once the plane landed, we drove straight to Zander’s place, situated in the outskirts of ThunderSky pack.  By we, I include Jan, Terence and Cam along with Rett and me. The airport was in DayDusk pack territory and we had an hour long journey left.

I was sitting in the back seat along with Jan and Cam. The pack had already collaborated with FireLight Pack during eclipse and hence we didn’t have to worry about pack safety. Plus Myron and Keith assured me that they will keep guard of the territory.

It was three-thirty in the noon now and surprisingly there were dark clouds in the sky, hiding the sun from view. My wolf was sitting quietly inside me, but she was getting impatient because now and then, she would growl lowly. She just wanted to kill Klaus.

I leaned back in my seat staring into space, while thinking about one and only one person.

Klaus.

Klaus, who was hired by Randall and Simon Ryker to hire other rogues. Klaus, who kidnapped Nicolaides family, and compelled him to force Egan to bring Rett to GreenRock, so that he would be away from me. Klaus, who baited me in each pack.

I couldn’t wait to see who this rogue is. Rett had given me his file, but I had not yet opened it. I wanted to meet this creature in person and know more about him. I wanted to know if he had any personal vendetta against me or if he did it just for money. If I come to know it’s the latter then I am going to lose it, for sure. I can understand revenge but I cannot understand greed.

“Are you thinking about the rogue?” Jan asked from beside me, while I was toying with my ring.

“Yes”

“What are you going to do with him?” she asked curiously and I just smirked as a reply.

An hour later, we reached Zander’s bar in the town. Rett pushed open the door and I entered the bar, with others behind me.

“Mr. Green” I heard a guy calling us. He was a wolf and when he looked at me, his eyes widened in surprise. “Mrs. Green” he said diverting his gaze. “This way” he said and we followed after him, while he led the way.

We got out of the bar through a back door and had to walk down a narrow pathway for about two minutes until the guy opened another back door, of what looked like a warehouse. There were bottles of many alcoholic drinks stored here and I scrunched my nose because I never liked the smell of whisky but I stiffened when I heard sounds of people talking.

We turned around a corner and that is when I spotted them in what looked like a typical interrogation room. Five to six of Zander’s men were in the room along with Zander. Klaus was sitting on a chair, with his hands cuffed from behind and both of his legs were also cuffed to the front legs of the chair. Blood that was oozing from his nose had trailed up to his throat.

His eyes widened in horror when he saw me and he growled murderously. “Her? You did this all for her?” Klaus snarled at Zander, who was sitting facing him.