Chapter 20

Chapter 20 which is dedicated to @neerunni :) Check out her story Circle Of Trust for the #justwriteit #NaNoWriMo in wattpad :)

****

“A friend may be waiting behind a stranger's face.” 
― Maya Angelou
, Letter to My Daughter

EVERETT P.O.V

Once we checked out of the airport, we hired a minicab that took us direct to the docks. Keith, Terence, Myron and his mate accompanied me to Rómvos, to meet Adio, the leader of Khepri tribe.

There, we hired a sleek, white luxury speed boat. Genessa already told us that the island Rómvos didn’t have any landing strip in it because it was too mountainous and rocky.

Dropping our bags on the deck, we got into the speedboat. “Let’s go” Myron said to Terence, who turned the speedboat back into the wide ocean.

“Is it far?” Terence asked Genessa, who was giving directions to him.

“About forty minutes” she replied with a smile.

It was five thirty in the morning and sun, was just coming. The wide canvas of sky was changing colors to different shades of yellow and blue, every passing minute. The water glistened like gold and it was quite a sight for our eyes.

My wolf whined softly and I knew Templar would wake up soon.

They had to sedate her yesterday too. Sveta had called to inform me that Templar was with them when during the sunset, she started getting a headache. Since they didn’t know how to help Templar, they sedated her.

I wasn’t happy with it, because it isn’t good for her health. But there was the also the thing that I didn’t know how else to stop it from happening. But my wolf suddenly perked up because he knew, to find a way to help Templar, I am going to Rómvos.

The boat bounced over the water as Terence increased the speed on the dancing waves. I wiped my face with my hands when we were showered with salt spray.

Thirty minutes later, Genessa squealed in delight, “Baby look” she said to Myron, pointing straight ahead. I craned my neck to see what it was. At first, all I could see was a triangle but then as we headed closer, a small island rose in the background of the wide sea. I reckoned out that the triangle visible earlier was an outline of huge, rocky mountains, with tall trees.

After few minutes, I figured out two tall pillars made of a single stone.

“You said they were completely opposite to us… in what way?” I demanded gazing at the pillars.

“Ways” Genessa corrected. “Let’s start with we worship moon, they worship sun. That’s like Goddess and God. Get the difference?” Genessa questioned and we all nodded. “Our tribes are actually a matriarch family type, while theirs is a patriarch one. They are out only when the sun is up in the sky while we are out when the moon is up in the sky. They don’t eat food, which grows under the surface of earth. Why? Because sunlight doesn’t reach them” she appended and I blinked.

“So they are vegan?” Keith queried.

“Not all tribes are, but Khepri is. Silver is precious to us and gold is precious to them. Our pack has large number of wolves. But their tribe has barely fifty members” she concluded with a shrug.

“Nice…. It’s like north and south” Myron sighed.

I didn’t care if they were completely opposite to us. All I wanted to do was talk to Adio and ask for his help.